X1 has gone all Picasso on my you know what!!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
dappa1
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2949
Re:X1 has gone all Picasso on my you know what!! 2011/02/11 10:24:49 (permalink)
you're old pal!

After using S1 for a couple weeks now, have you found anything that you don't like about its ease of use and comping skills, techiniques....do you still crave the fluidity of X1?

Scott Lee
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1120
Re:X1 has gone all Picasso on my you know what!! 2011/02/11 10:40:38 (permalink)
Hmm. I wonder if its a skylight issue with your graphics card. Typically if your hardware is over heating, you would see desktop / other software share the issue.

Its only Sonar you see this problem right ?

Scott Lee (ASCAP)
SFX Media 
Song Composer / Engineer / Audio Director

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dezacrator?feature=mhee

dappa1
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2949
Re:X1 has gone all Picasso on my you know what!! 2011/02/11 11:01:07 (permalink)
Remember, compared to any other sofware, Cakewalk is highly advanced....so therefore, it would seem that his graphics card and hardware are not up to scratch to run X1...............................................a

Jim Roseberry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9871
Re:X1 has gone all Picasso on my you know what!! 2011/02/11 11:08:14 (permalink)

Remember, compared to any other sofware, Cakewalk is highly advanced....so therefore, it would seem that his graphics card and hardware are not up to scratch to run X1...............................................a

Unless the video card is defective, Ol' Pal's machine is more than up to running X1 

@Ol' Pal
What happens if you Alt+Tab when the Picasso occurs?
Do you get back to a normal screen... or is the system locked up?
Check your Email...  
post edited by Jim Roseberry - 2011/02/11 11:15:37

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
JClosed
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 690
Re:X1 has gone all Picasso on my you know what!! 2011/02/11 11:19:52 (permalink)
As far as I know (and have understood from the blurbs) Skylight is using the GPU hardware. This frees more power to the CPU, so the CPU can dedicate more power to audio processing.

Other software does NOT use the GPU that much (apart from the "bells and whistles" from the Windows 7 interface) or even not at all. That's the reason why other software don't suffer too much, or not at all, from a defective video card. Do not forget - if a video-card gets defective in most cases the 2d part of the card keeps functioning. That's the reason -for instance- a defective card can still be used for simple no-demanding desktop applications, but absolutely not for 3d gaming.

So - it is entirely possible it is -in fact- the hardware in this case. And that's no fan-boy-ish defence of X1, but just a simple suggestion based on some information I think is valid. I might be wrong here, but I just try to be helpfull...
post edited by JClosed - 2011/02/11 11:26:14
yorolpal
  • Total Posts : 13829
Re:X1 has gone all Picasso on my you know what!! 2011/02/11 11:31:34 (permalink)
If it happens again Jim I'll try Alt-Tab and see what happens.  Although I opened up and ran one of the projects (the biggest...CPU stressing one) it was doing it on this morning and it was fine.  Maybe just updating the drivers did the trick.  I'll keep ya posted.  And...again...the only program that has exhibited this was X1.  I have no other video anomalys using (or doing) anything else.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
The Maillard Reaction
  • Total Posts : 31918
Re:X1 has gone all Picasso on my you know what!! 2011/02/11 22:10:29 (permalink)
JClosed

As far as I know (and have understood from the blurbs) Skylight is using the GPU hardware. This frees more power to the CPU, so the CPU can dedicate more power to audio processing.

Other software does NOT use the GPU that much (apart from the "bells and whistles" from the Windows 7 interface) or even not at all. That's the reason why other software don't suffer too much, or not at all, from a defective video card. Do not forget - if a video-card gets defective in most cases the 2d part of the card keeps functioning. That's the reason -for instance- a defective card can still be used for simple no-demanding desktop applications, but absolutely not for 3d gaming.

So - it is entirely possible it is -in fact- the hardware in this case. And that's no fan-boy-ish defence of X1, but just a simple suggestion based on some information I think is valid. I might be wrong here, but I just try to be helpfull...

Take a look at this thread:

http://forum.cakewalk.com...08&mpage=1#2160117

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1