"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
evadianepug
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4477
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/02/23 23:55:23 (permalink)
Beautiful doesn't quite express how beautiful this is.  I loved it.  A blessed tune, my friend!

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
SonarX3
vechung
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 818
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/02/24 08:38:43 (permalink)
Scott, Daryl, Phil and Warren   I am humbled by your comments.  The idea of this song is that there is always hope no matter what situation you are in, but it is unsettling when you are in the midst of it.  Pretty sure you know what I mean :). 

I love all kind of music, I am going to do something different next, but I may come back to this one again.

http://www.soundclick.com/vicentechung
https://soundcloud.com/thefoundandthelost

Vicente 

Sonar Platinum, Live 10, Motu 828, Ozone 7
rockinrobby
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/02/25 22:31:33 (permalink)
I just listened again to this, really pretty... You are very skilled at the mixing/production aspect...

My attorneys Awnya, Lika, and Cheapsuit are still pushing for prosecution, but I'm inclined to let this one slide. 

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."
twisted6s
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2001
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/02/26 08:09:21 (permalink)
beautiful!

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 ghz processor, 8 gig ram, 2.5Tb drives, Sonar Platinum, Lynx L22, FMR Audio RNP & RNC, Mackie HR824, Neumann tlm 103, Window 10 64
https://soundcloud.com/twisted6s/sets/tony-pruden

Slow Marching Band
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1603
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/02/26 12:12:35 (permalink)
Hi Vicente,

This is really lovely. Very precise playing on the acoustic and the strings compliment the tune perfectly. Excellent arrangement, I enjoyed this very much.

James
vechung
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/02/28 10:02:33 (permalink)
rockinrobby Mr Sozuemi was dissapointed in his lost business.  He was getting all wound up for a fight that his fingers were constantly twitching.  Sort of like the line in the movie RED in which a retired spy was complaining "I haven't kill anybody in years!"   And thanks for listening.

twisted6s, James  Thanks for listening

Vicente 

marcos69
Max Output Level: -26 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4950
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/02/28 18:53:02 (permalink)
That's a great song.  Very emotive playing.  I don't own a Martin yet, but it's on the list of must-have guitars for me.

Mark Wessels

At CD Baby

At Soundclick
lhansen
Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4765
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/03/02 10:56:01 (permalink)
The first note & tone on that acoustic drew me right in...beautiful!

Creates a hopeful/peaceful feeling.

Larry

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
ruralrocker2010
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 616
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/03/04 15:47:11 (permalink)
Looks like everything got fixed by the time I got here because this sounds awesome....

Joshua Barnes
Sonar Platinum / RME UCX / i5 3.2 8 GB Memory (Dell Inspiron) / Komplete 10 / Win 7 Home 64 Bit
Truckermusic
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1924
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/03/04 21:01:36 (permalink)
morenoise

Hi Vicente, I actually like to hear an actual person playing and not a computer. And as guitarplayers we both know it's impossible to play a guitar without finger noise, at least thats my excuse . Nice sounding guitar though.

Greetings, Rik

I am very sorry that my little work offended you that much.

but in my opening post I stated that the work was for learning purposes only..nothing more......I was trying to figure out several techniques of writing for the guitar and orchestra....and for some strange reason using a computer generated guitar and orchestra just happened to be close at hand which gave me somewhat of a representation of what it could be....but please forgive me for making that assumption...........

I never had any intention or any delusions of turning it into anything other than what it was.........."A Learning composition"

Plain and simple.......

but I will in the future make sure that I never post something like that again.......But then again I will expect you to READ the opening post and accept the composition for what it is......a learning tool......

It also strikes me as kind of interesting that everyone here (except a very, very few individuals) use the computer to generate parts for them in one way or another, the biggest example being drums.....a lot of users here are unable to generate this instrument. ...and I admit I am one of them ...if it was not for this computer there would be no drums in my tracks.....How about string sections, or horn sections or the orchestra it self....do you have a problem with that? What about the individuals who use Band in a Box that is capable of creating whole arrangements on the spot for a person......are we going to jump on them as well?????? after all it is a computer playing the part!

I'm not about to jump on anyone for how they get their composition down ( unless you use 100% loops others have created and all you did was line em up. I know several of these individuals and I have very little respect for them) because for most all of us it's a combination of computer generated parts and live playing.....

Now my composition WAS rendered completely inside the box.......BUT I WROTE EVERY NOTE of it.........and am proud of it......"AS A LEARNING COMPOSITION"

think about it,  composers send over preview scores (which could be anything from a piano reduction played by the first available pianist a conductor can  find to crude tapes / CD's etc) to conductors for their consideration.......they do it in movie scores ALL the time before going to actual production......to see if what they are writing is on the correct track...and what is wanted by the producer........and in TV more and more they are using computer generated music There are even actual Composer Competitions for film that are expected to be rendered and submitted using the computer!

so I aploigize for offending you...... From now on I will put a opening statement in my O.P. stating how much of the computer was used in this rendering.....from here it will be your choice to hit play....and if you do ....then you cannot complain about it.

Painfully submitted

Clifford
post edited by Truckermusic - 2011/03/04 21:14:03

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
16 Gig of Ram 
4.5 Gighz
Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
Unibrain Firewire Card
Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
Mackie Big Knob
NI Komplete 8
Machine 2
Truckermusic
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/03/04 21:17:04 (permalink)
V

Sorry for derailing your thread.....

I love the sound of your Martin.....I remember in High school I wanted one so bad....a D-35 that is....and it was only $500.00 with hard shell case......I also remember buying Gibson Les Pauls customs used for $350 to $400.......

but that was a long , long time ago.....

I love the sound of your martin and your playing.....

Clifford

16 Gig of Ram 
4.5 Gighz
Unibrain Firewire Card
Mackie Big Knob
NI Komplete 8
Machine 2
Beagle
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/03/04 21:38:16 (permalink)
Vicente - this is absolutely beautiful!  I love the sound you've gotten from the Martin.

are the fingernail pops and clicks that you're talking about the same popping and clicking I'm hearing at the beginning?  I didn't think it sounded like "playing noises" but maybe it is.

other than that, I think this is fabulous!  really great work!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
vechung
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/03/05 00:43:17 (permalink)
Marcos, Larry and Joshua, that for listening. 
Beagle, yes at the beginning it was the guitar and the cello so you can hear the popping and clicking.  Not sure if they have filters to clean that up, but it is very hard to avoid them using the mic.
Clifford Don't get too excited.  I believe Rik was saying that was his preference.  We all have our taste and what we like.  Example, most of the comments I get from my tracks are that they don't like my drums.  But I like them and not sure what is my problem.  Another example is the sound of an Ovation guitar, some people hate them because it sounds like cardboard.  It is an "engineered" guitar with a fiberglass back, but I sometimes like that cardboard sound when playing jazz.  Anyways peace.

Vicente 

Scottytunes
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5695
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/03/05 06:30:25 (permalink)
You fixed it!!!! It sounds great !!!!! So soothing!

String Jammer
Truckermusic
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/03/05 07:15:45 (permalink)
vechung

Clifford Don't get too excited.  I believe Rik was saying that was his preference.  We all have our taste and what we like.  Example, most of the comments I get from my tracks are that they don't like my drums.  But I like them and not sure what is my problem.  Another example is the sound of an Ovation guitar, some people hate them because it sounds like cardboard.  It is an "engineered" guitar with a fiberglass back, but I sometimes like that cardboard sound when playing jazz.  Anyways peace.

If your going to point out your preference it should be equally distributed across the board....otherwise don't give it.........I've seen him give glowing remarks to some one on this board who writes completely in the box and this does not bother him.....yet he looks down on the fact that I did the same thing.......and you feel that I should just let that go.....sorry ve....not going to happen !!!!! 

I can accept an opinion as long as it is distributed equally.....but when your going to pick an choose where and when and to whom your going to apply it smacks just a little bit of partiality to me.......

So my view point stands! Whether or not you agree........

Clifford

16 Gig of Ram 
4.5 Gighz
Unibrain Firewire Card
Mackie Big Knob
NI Komplete 8
Machine 2
morenoise
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1074
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/03/06 18:37:54 (permalink)
Hi Vicente, my sincere apologies for what happened here after a flippant remark on my part, didn't follow this thread, otherwise I would have reacted earlier. Glad you understood what I meant to say. Used to own an ovation Elite and loved the electric sound for jazz.

greetings, Rik
ohgrant
Max Output Level: -35.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3966
Re:"My Hope Rests With Thee" Guitar & Orchestra 2011/03/06 18:57:17 (permalink)
 Excellent playing, lovely tune. The snare needs work IMO. Not sure what you used, but there is a real nice wood block sounding patch in TTS-1 that I think would fit this like a glove, JMO. I still enjoyed it very much as is.

Me

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1