NEW SONG -- "Runner" ***EVEN NEWER mix up now***

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
SnyderTrigger
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 177
Re:NEW SONG -- "Runner" 2011/02/27 16:37:50 (permalink)
Wow! Thanks, everybody! God's good.

ohgrant - Thank you! Yeah - like I said, compression is frustratingly simple and complex at the same time.

Kroneborge - Totally. I might go back and wet it up a bit. I understand where you're coming from, though. I kinda sorta recorded this while I was sick...I probably shouldn't have done that, but nobody in my family was home one evening, and I just went for it. Haha. I'm also still learning to control my voice...so sometimes my voice does this weird cracking thing that's just a result of poor diaphragm usage. 

Giankap - Thanks, man! Means a lot!

thalweg - Thanks!! Yeah...I understand the compression in theory...it's just training my ears to hear. I have a hard time knowing what is and isn't good compression. Could you maybe tell me which parts are too quiet?

"Sing a new song to the Lord, for he has done wonderful deeds. His right hand has won a mighty victory; his holy arm has shown his saving power!" - Psalm 98:1

My music: Nick Marsella @ Reverbnation
Purple Rhapsody
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 469
Re:NEW SONG -- "Runner" 2011/02/27 16:51:23 (permalink)
Really nice - brave of you to go with just vox and guitar  but it definitely works. 

Cheers,
Terry.

Purple Rhapsody - emotions without words http://purplerhapsody.co.uk/
CLEAN
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
Re:NEW SONG -- "Runner" 2011/02/27 17:43:22 (permalink)
Love your voice. Nice song - acoustic guitars sound very nice.

I really like this tune.

THE PUGTONES
Mark
SnyderTrigger
Re:NEW SONG -- "Runner" 2011/02/27 23:37:34 (permalink)
Purple Rhapsody - Thanks man. Yep - I'm a really shy guy in real life. It's only through Christ that i find the strength to even be this vulnerable with you guys. 

Clean - Thank you! It's really interesting how many of you commented on liking my voice. I don't think I have a good voice at all...haha. 

"Sing a new song to the Lord, for he has done wonderful deeds. His right hand has won a mighty victory; his holy arm has shown his saving power!" - Psalm 98:1

rockinrobby
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:NEW SONG -- "Runner" 2011/02/28 00:15:52 (permalink)
"Wow! Thanks, everybody! God's good."

He's a prankster...

Yeah this got a lot better Nick ;-) Much better... Good job man :-)

And OBTW? I'm a singer? Everybody tells me I'm a hell of a singer? And I believe it? And?

You are a singer...

Keep it up.

Great song... God is good, I just wish he was less of a prankster sometimes. He has quite the sense of humor... It's difficult to imagine, to even consider? What it would be like to know everything, "all at once?" To know what has happened, what is happening, and what will happen? All at the same time? Instantly? It's really impossible for people to get their minds around? That's why we just think about "God..." I mean, to know all of that, and be "in control of it?" We can't with our puney minds even begin to comprehend it... 

Again I enjoyed your song very much, and it did get much better. Please keep it up, you have a gift.

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."
SnyderTrigger
Re:NEW SONG -- "Runner" 2011/02/28 00:35:29 (permalink)
rockinrobby

"Wow! Thanks, everybody! God's good."

He's a prankster...

Yeah this got a lot better Nick ;-) Much better... Good job man :-)

And OBTW? I'm a singer? Everybody tells me I'm a hell of a singer? And I believe it? And?

You are a singer...

Keep it up.

Great song... God is good, I just wish he was less of a prankster sometimes. He has quite the sense of humor... It's difficult to imagine, to even consider? What it would be like to know everything, "all at once?" To know what has happened, what is happening, and what will happen? All at the same time? Instantly? It's really impossible for people to get their minds around? That's why we just think about "God..." I mean, to know all of that, and be "in control of it?" We can't with our puney minds even begin to comprehend it... 

Again I enjoyed your song very much, and it did get much better. Please keep it up, you have a gift.

Thanks, man. That means a lot. I have a bad tendency to compare myself to others (American Idol singers are crazy good this year). Haha. God gave me this voice, and so I am going to use it.

And yep - He does have a sense of humor. But I don't think He "pranks" us the same way a child would. He just has His way of teaching us lessons/disciplining us sometimes. ;) And if God were comprehendable, He would be a very, very small one. If God is really God, He shouldn't be fully comprehendable. 

Thanks again.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1