"Undone" (Modern Rock)

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Bob Oister
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2766
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/05 04:58:16 (permalink)
marcos69:

Hey, Mark,

How are you, buddy? Doing great, I hope!

Thanks for checking out this song for me, and also for your kind comments!

Yeah, I never imagined that I'd own a green guitar, but the finish is actually really great looking, and the guitar plays like a dream. The coil taps aren't actually on the toggle switch, the volume and tone controls have push/pull pots that split the pickups, which makes it super easy to make instant changes on the fly.  My Millennium Reissue Kramer Baretta came with the Gibson Hotrail bridge pickup setup with a push/pull volume control for the coil tap, and PRS did the same thing , but with both of the new EMG actives and push/pull on both the volume and tone controls. I love quick and easy technology!

Anyway, thanks again for giving this one a listen and for letting me know what you think, I always look forward to your opinion and greatly appreciate your input!

Have a good one, Mark!
Bob
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/05 12:37:56 (permalink)

Not quite sure how I missed this.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
timidi
Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5449
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/05 12:59:07 (permalink)
Wow Bob. Smokin stuff... specially in 2hrs 20 min. Takes me that long to find a patch......

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

darylcrowley
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2700
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/05 19:09:42 (permalink)
Rock on!  Your progress has been very evident over the time I've been listening to you.  Vocals improving too.  The chord progression is pretty cool and so perfect for this.

Guitar chops are very cool.

A little bottom heavy maybe but I'm out my genre here. 

New guitars are cool.  I'm getting pictures right along from the builder of my new archtop(www.mcampellone.com).  Yea.. New guitars are always cool!

Daryl

Daryl Crowley
Sonica Labs I7 Quad Core -
Windows 7 64bit Professional
Sonar 8.5 Producer - Ozone 4
http://www.darylcrowley.com/
Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/07 04:52:30 (permalink)
Wookie:

Hi, John,

Thank you, kind sir, for stopping by to give this a listen, and also for your stamp of approval!  I truly appreciate you checking in on this song for me, and I'm very happy that you enjoyed it.

Best wishes for a great weekend!
Bob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

timidi:

Hi, Tim,

How are you, buddy? Hope you're doing well!

Thanks for checking in on this song for me, and for your words of encouragement!  I'm very grateful for your input and really appreciate your comments.

Have a great weekend, Tim!
Bob
Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/07 17:49:20 (permalink)
darylcrowley:

Hey, Daryl,

How are you, buddy?  It's really great to hear from you!

Thanks for giving this a listen and for your kinds words!  Yep, you're definitely right, new guitars are cool, and can give you a much needed enthusiasm boost when you're stuck in a writer's block.  I've written seven songs in the month and a half since I bought the new PRS. Now, I just have to find some spare time to start recording them!

I was purposely shooting for a much heavier bottom end on the rhythm guitar tracks for this, going for a more modern metal feel.  I'm hoping that I didn't take it too far.

The archtop that you ordered looks like a really high quality build.  The guitars on that website seem to have great craftsmanship and also look beautiful.  I really like the Deluxe Series 17" - 'raindrop' Quilted Maple back and rims, in blue-burst finish on page 2 of the gallery.  Which one did you order?  Either way, I hope when you finally get it that you post something here for us to check out the sound.  I'm sure it's going to be dynamite!

Thanks again for checking in on this song, and have a great weekend!
Bob

whack
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1188
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/07 18:10:35 (permalink)
Bob, This is excellent. I especially love the vocals and harmonies, has a sweetness to it despite the genre.

You mind me askin how you copyright your music?

Cian

www.cmcgmusic.com

Melody and Meaning
SteveStrummerUK
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/10 18:03:24 (permalink)

Hey there Bob, and dare I say - wow!

I'm loving the low end crunch on this mate, and you've pulled off the difficult part in getting it to sound so clear and natural.

And it's great you're so pleased with your new axe!

Awesome brother

Steve

post edited by SteveStrummerUK - 2011/05/10 18:04:30

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/11 04:41:33 (permalink)
whack:

Hi, Cian,

Thanks very much for checking out this song for me, and also for your very kind words!  Yes, I'm a big believer in trying to be able to have melodic vocals and harmonies even in heavier rock and metal, sort of like some of my favorite 80's and 90's metal bands.

As far as copyright goes, I'm not sure about U.K. copyright law, but, here in the U.S. you are granted an automatic copyright upon creation, and may declare a copyright upon publication.  For a fee, you can also optionally register your copyright with the U.S. government for additional legal proof and protection, in the case that it may be needed.

Here's is a link to a recent thread in the Techniques Forum about copyright options, and post #4 by RLD, includes some links to helpful information about copyright options.  Hope it helps!

The copyright thread is here: http://forum.cakewalk.com...597&high=copyright

Thanks again for giving the song a listen, I truly appreciate your input, Cian. Have a great day!

Bob
guitartrek
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/11 07:04:51 (permalink)
Bob - that sounds awesome!  I love the guitar tones.  And I like the way you process the vocals - they are very clear in the mix.
Faust1587
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 64
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/12 00:35:27 (permalink)
I love it Bob.  This one is probably your darkest one yet!  Definitely your best vocal mix.  I agree about the Alice in Chains vibe in this song...  I still saved your email where you described your recording process, can't wait for your next tune.
Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/12 19:54:41 (permalink)
SteveStrummerUK:

Hey, Steve, how are you, buddy?  Hope you're doing great!

Thanks very much for checking in on this one for me, and for your very kind words, which I really appreciate!

Yes, sir, I'm extremely happy with my unexpected purchase of the new PRS.  I was caught off guard by the outstanding build quality, the speedy, comfortable feel of the neck, and I really love the new new coil-tapped EMG actives.  I'm actually glad that the particular Gibson Les Paul Studio that I originally went to purchase, turned me off quality-wise, or I would have never started looking at the different PRSs.  It just goes to prove that sometimes a disappointment can lead to much better things!

Thanks again for giving this a listen, I always look forward to your input and ideas.  Have a great weekend, Steve!

Bob

Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/05/14 16:45:53 (permalink)
guitartrek:

Hey, Geno,

How are you?  It's really great to hear from you!

Thanks for checking out "Undone" and for your encouraging comments!  I really appreciate your input and observations, especially knowing the amazing caliber of your production work.

Thanks again for taking time to listen and comment, it means a lot to me. Have a great weekend!

Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faust1587:

Hey, Steve,

How's it going, buddy?  Hope you're doing well, it's great to see you around on the forum again!

Thanks a lot, man, I really appreciate your checking in on this song for me, and also your kind words!

Yep, I was going for a little bit darker vibe on this one, and it just seemed to fall into place really quickly once I hit the record button.  Sometimes I get lucky and the whole process seems to flow along smoothly and quickly, and that's a good thing. I'm hoping to be able to pick up the pace and get more accomplished in less time when I'm writing and recording.

Thanks again, Steve, for giving this a listen and commenting, I really appreciate your support, my friend.

Have a great weekend, buddy, keep in touch!

Bob
ChuckC
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1488
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/06/26 18:46:38 (permalink)
Nice heavy sound there Bob, Everything sounds well played, mic'd, & mixed....  and for under 3 hours???   Real impressed sir.  Nice job, & though I know it was a little while ago, congrats on the new toy.
Good song too!

ADK Built DAW, W7, Sonar Platinum, Studio One Pro,Yamaha HS8's & HS8S  Presonus Studio/Live 24.4.2, A few decent mic pre's,  lots of mics, 57's,58 betas, Sm7b, LD Condensors, Small condensors, Senn 421's,  DI's,  Sans Amp, A few guitar amps etc. Guitars : Gib. LP, Epi. Lp, Dillion Tele, Ibanez beater, Ibanez Ergodyne 4 String bass, Mapex Mars series 6 pc. studio kit, cymbals and other sh*t.
http://www.everythingiam.net/
http://www.stormroomstudios.com
Some of my productions: http://soundcloud.com/stormroomstudios
Bob Oister
Re:"Undone" (Modern Rock) 2011/06/27 02:52:08 (permalink)
ChuckC:

Hey, Chuck,

How's it going, buddy?  It's really great to see you around the forum again!

Thanks for checking this song out for me, and for your kind words and comments.  Yeah, I'm still really loving the PRS and have been playing the strings off of it for the last couple of months.  I was really surprised by the build quality, playability and comfortable feel of the neck.  And, I've always been a fan of EMG Actives because I've got them in several of my other guitars.  It's really a great guitar and it still has that "new car" smell.    Nothing like a new instrument to perk up your creativity!

Thanks again for giving this a listen, I really appreciate your input and comments.  Have a good one, Chuck!
Bob
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1