[Cover] "Time After Time" feat. Aliciya Angel

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:[Cover] "Time After Time" feat. Aliciya Angel 2011/05/27 02:21:21 (permalink)
GuitarBob

Bub

Gotta agree with Bobby's (Serious Noize!) original post. It's ok.

It's a very nice rendition but it's missing some key things. You gotta be careful when doing covers of mega hits like this.

The bass is a backing melody line going in to the chorus but it's not here on this version.

Also, there is a guitar part that carries the entire song that's completely missing.

Your version would work with a nice acoustic guitar accompaniment, nothing says you have to be identical to the original, but this is a little empty.

No your wrong, I was being an idiot because I let the song get the best of me because it was one of my ex-girlfriends favorite songs from a better and worse time. Stupid me replied from experience and didn't listen to the song as something new.

I have since listened to the song and I think it sound great!!!
Glad you ended up liking it. My original opinion still stands. It's a nice rendition, but something sounds like it's missing to me. I'm a big fan of Cindy Lauper so my opinion may be skewed a little.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1