Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/11 11:02:02 (permalink)

Wow it wasn't too long ago when he posted his battle with his cancer , I'm really sorry to hear that news .
I didn't really know him that much but what I do remember he never had a bad thing to say about you and loved his music .

Sorry to hear that news , I'm sure hes in a better place wherever that is right now !

By the way Bobby told me he has been banned and can't leave any comments in his behalf so I will for him , he wishes his family the best dealing with the news .

Radio

Song_Writer
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/12 01:02:15 (permalink)
radio

Wow it wasn't too long ago when he posted his battle with his cancer , I'm really sorry to hear that news .
I didn't really know him that much but what I do remember he never had a bad thing to say about you and loved his music .

Sorry to hear that news , I'm sure hes in a better place wherever that is right now !

By the way Bobby told me he has been banned and can't leave any comments in his behalf so I will for him , he wishes his family the best dealing with the news .

Radio

Thanks, Radio - James, it apparently has been lifted since your comment. Thank you!

My Comment to Jimmy and his Family :

He was always kind, considerate, and interested in my thoughts on various things, a rare occasion in today's times. What a wonderful human being, and it was reflected in his thoughts and music as he posted them on here. If there ever was a singer that I really wished that I could have had the chance to work with it would be you Jimmy, and I say that not out of pitty for your loss, I say that out of honesty and knowing the real talent you had and will be remembered as for having.  You were lost too young my friend, but I know you are singing with the Angels and taking center stage right now! Thank you Jimmy for your kindness!

You will be missed my friend Jimmy Gentry, you were always kind, and always there with a kind comment whenever it was needed the most.

Bobby

Song_Writer
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/12 01:15:40 (permalink)
Jimmy was a good person to everyone, always kind to everyone, a friend to me when others were not. ::::: "NUFF SAID!!!!!!"

Bobby

post edited by Willy Jones [Cakewalk] - 2011/06/21 12:47:18
rockinrobby
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/12 01:25:55 (permalink)
Jimmy was a good person "to everyone." And a friend when others were not, I did what I could to help him in his hour of need, others did, others too... It is very sad what happened to him.
post edited by Willy Jones [Cakewalk] - 2011/06/22 10:13:27

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."
blipp
Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7006
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/12 06:06:24 (permalink)
This is very sad news indeed.

After first hearing about how ill he was, Jimmy's passing does'nt come as a big surprise to me as it sounded like he was very poorly indeed.

I remember wondering how he was going to recover from his condition, but always prayed he would somehow.

The saying "the good die young" was never more appropriate.

Jimmy was a gentleman in the truest sense of the word and always took the time to give thoughtful and encouraging advice to artists about their music.

Although my particular genre was a million miles from Jimmy's, he always gave me helpful advice, particularly about the production side and his tips on how to improve in that area proved very fruitful. Thanks Jimmy.

I know you're in a good place now and free of the illness that ended your life far too soon.

Your magnificent talent as a singer/songwriter/musician/producer will live on in the songs you produced.

God bless you Jimmy. You will be sorely missed.

post edited by blipp - 2011/06/12 06:18:14
DJSur
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 326
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/12 15:56:53 (permalink)
Sorry to say, I never knew the man, only from what I've seen posted here. 
I've lost family members to the disease and it was quite difficult.

My condolences to Jimmy's friends and family on their loss.

Dan

soundcloud   acidplanet   myspace

on-line fo-rum (n) - data warehouse that provides little to no ROI 
CLEAN
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/12 20:45:09 (permalink)
I'm so sorry to hear it.

RIP Jimmy.

THE PUGTONES
Mark
Alegria
Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2075
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/12 21:34:35 (permalink)
I'm at a lost for words. My heartfelt sympathies goes to family, friends and all who had the good fortune of crossing paths with Jimmy. God bless you and RIP Jimmy.
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/12 21:49:08 (permalink)
Jimmy's passing is  truly sad news indeed

Jimmy had  strength in the quality's of vulnerability and the willingness to be open
he chose  to risk involvement and speak from his truth every time he had given a tune  here a listen  ....mine , yours, & in some cases ours

I respected those quality's in him 

RIP Jimmy  Gentry

Kenny 
post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2011/06/12 21:50:09

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

rockinrobby
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/12 22:38:49 (permalink)
We're all going there. He was taken too soon... We've all lost people :-( It's such a shame when someone is taken so soon. Too soon as Jimmy was, he was a young man. We all want to live long full lives. And when someone is taken too soon, those around them, and left; feel cheated (my opinion.) And when someone is taken "suddenly?" it is harder on those around them... When someone is taken and those who care about them have time to prepare for their passing, it is typically easier for those left behind, but more difficult on the person who goes, because of the suffering... 

In Jimmy's case, I can't speak as someone who was a close friend, I wasn't. I knew him from the forum, and I had respect for him as a musician, and he seemed to be a nice guy, and clearly not deserving of the suffering he endured :-( I don't know the specifics, but I've lost friends who have gone under similar circumstances, people I cared about deeply... I know he had many people who cared about him. And one of the marks by which our lives can be judged is the impact we have on those around us, the mark we leave behind? 

Jimmy obviously had great talent. And he obviously affected those around him in powerful ways? I think that is a strong testimony to his legacy, and again, I know many people were close to him, I was not. But I know that his life, and his passing, has touched many, and done so deeply... If we can each do the same with our lives? (touch many, and be remembered fondly?) We will have made a statement... And that is all we can really hope to do. Make your mark on the world, be remembered, respected, loved and appreciated by those you leave behind, as he was. It's all anyone can hope for, to be remembered well. 

I hope those who loved him can heal in time.
post edited by rockinrobby - 2011/06/12 22:40:49

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."
Janet
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8094
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/12 22:46:49 (permalink)
Well said, Robby. l've also been thinking in the last few days that we need to be sure to show appreciation for people while they're still with us.  They themselves don't benefit from our eulogies after they're gone, unfortunately. 
Alegria
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/17 16:31:01 (permalink)
Unfortunately, I was unable to find any mention of Jimmy's passing at the funeral home mentioned in the first post. I was hoping to leave a comment and sign the "Guest Book". Am I missing something, Janet... Robby... ?
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/17 16:41:11 (permalink)
JC - I did some searching based on your post and I can't find a website affiliated with the funeral home.  did you find a link for the funeral home?

the closest thing i found was WHOPASSEDon.com and funeralhomesguide.com but neither of those are actually the funeral home specifically, just websites which list that funeral home.

You can always leave a memorial message on his facebook page.  it is read by his family and friends.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
Alegria
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/17 16:48:56 (permalink)
darylcrowley
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2700
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/17 18:31:21 (permalink)
I was off the site when this news came out.  I finally figured it out.  Jimmy seemed like a good guy and little too hard on himself at times.  But he was always thoughtful and one heck of good guitar player.  He provided me with a lot great insights on playing.

He could be anyone of us.  I would hate to see any of us here leave that way, but if we all hang here long enough, we will one way or another. 

Live life and enjoy it because if you live to be 100, you still die young.  Keep the music alive.

He left some great music for us and that's far more than a great many men have left behind.

Daryl Crowley
Sonica Labs I7 Quad Core -
Windows 7 64bit Professional
Sonar 8.5 Producer - Ozone 4
http://www.darylcrowley.com/
Janet
  • Total Posts : 8094
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/19 15:15:59 (permalink)
Sorry, JC.  Looks like you're a better sleuth than I am.  Like Reece said, Jimmy's sister was directed to this site to read these comments (both here and the CH) and some of us have left comments on his FB page.  Thanks for checking into that. 
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/19 15:23:06 (permalink)
JC - that looks like it's probably the right funeral home, so I don't know why there isn't an obit for Jimmy.  I have sent his sister a message to ask about it.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
Psalmist35
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1471
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/19 21:30:59 (permalink)
I just read the news and I'm deeply saddened. 

I never communicated directly with Jimmy and only knew him from posts he made here on this forum.  I do know he was an incredible guitar player and singer.  I loved his music. 

He will be sorely missed.

George Foreman Grill; Ginsu knifes; Clapper; Home Grown Intel i7 -6700K 16G Ram; Sonar Platinum; MOTU 896HD; Tascam US2400; 

My Music
Freddy J
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2348
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/25 22:00:37 (permalink)
After several weeks of a road trip out west and to the south, I finally got back to my computer only to read this sad, sad news.  I never met Jimmy in person - never shook his hand -- or looked into his eyes but yet I considered him a friend.  He was one of the first to comment when I started posting on this forum.  The first couple of songs that I put on here, really needed some help and he provided great advise.  He got the message across but in a manner where you appreciated it and did not resent it, and he was always full of encouragement.  He was truly a gentleman, and will be missed.

Freddy J
dke
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 724
Re:Jimmy Gentry has lost his fight with cancer 2011/06/26 16:41:50 (permalink)
Very sad to hear the news, RIP my thoughts and sympathy go out to His Family.

Dan

Sonar Platinum ( x64),  Windows 10 x64, HP Envy i5 2.9GHZ, 8GB, Tascam 4x4 USB, BX5a Monitors.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1