"Made of Glass" (Power Rock) ***Mix #3 Up 12/12/11

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Bob Oister
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2766
Re:"Made of Glass" (Power Rock) 2011/12/16 18:30:00 (permalink)
jamesyoyo:

Hey, James, thanks for coming back to check out the remix on this one, I really appreciate your input and help!

Yeah, I'm having a really hard time figuring out what's actually causing the slight timing anomaly in the first half of the first verse.  It seems to only be during the line "Picking up the pieces in a fragile state" starting at 1:09.  Right around the word "pieces".  The drums are quantized and looped and sound perfectly in time when soloed.  I actually think it has something to do with the first line of the lead vocals, because when I mute the vocals, the instruments seem right in time.  I also tried soloing the guitars with just the drums, and the bass with just the drums, and everything seemed in time.  It's really weird, I thought I might have jumped one of the guitar chugs between the words "pieces" and "in", but with the vox muted, the drums, bass and guitars sound correct.  I'm sure a slight nudge would probably fix it up, but to be honest, I'm not quite sure which track should be nudged, and in which direction.  It's to the point now, that sometimes I hear the glitch, and sometimes I don't.  I'd be happy to try any specific suggestions that you might have, because it's really starting to drive me crazy trying to isolate it!

Thanks again for all of your generous help and advice over the past few years, your input is always to the point and very informative, and has definitely helped me improve my mixing and production skills.  If you, or anyone else, have any suggestions for me to try to tighten up that timing glitch, please let me know, because I think I've actually become "immune" to it, LOL!

Have a great weekend, James!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blipp:

Hey, John,

How are you, my friend?  It's really great to see you back around on the forum, we've truly missed your wonderful music!

Thank you so much for giving this song a listen, and also for your very kind words of encouragement.  It really means a lot to me that you took time to listen and comment, especially because your own productions are always top notch! 

Thanks again, John, I really appreciate your input and value your opinion highly!

Best wishes,

Bob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

philz
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2462
Re:"Made of Glass" (Power Rock) 2011/12/16 19:54:57 (permalink)
Hey Bob... hope all's well.  It's been a while, as I moved and then had been travelling.  Currently in Nevada for the winter, and trying to catch up on my listening.  Naturally, I was looking forward to hearing your latest, which, as usual, rocked the whole house. 

I actually think that you could even develope that intro into a song on its own... it was that good.  The harmonies were simply incredible and the lead break was awesome.  I was only listening on my small speakers, but if I had to come up with a nit on what was a generally excellent mix, it would be that I would have liked to have heard just a bit more of the bass.

All in all, just what I expected from you: excellence across the board.
Bob Oister
Re:"Made of Glass" (Power Rock) 2011/12/18 03:39:29 (permalink)
Guitarpima:

Hey, Robert,

Thanks so much, buddy, I really appreciate you hanging in there with me on this one for the remixes!  I'm very grateful for your input and kind comments, it really means a lot to me.

Many thanks, and have a great Christmas, my friend! 
Bob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ohgrant:

Hey, Grant,

How's it going, buddy?  Hope you're doing great!

Thank you for checking in on this one for me, and for your very kind words.  I always look forward to and greatly appreciate your input.  You and the boys in the CHB have always been very helpful and supportive of my stuff, and I truly consider you all good friends! 

Have a wonderful Christmas, buddy!
Bob
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

philz:

Hey, Phil,

It's really great to hear from you, buddy, and I'm glad that things went well and you had a safe trip out West!  I also hope your friend is recuperating well from her accident.

Thank you so much for taking time to check in on this song for me, and for your kind words of encouragement.  I really appreciate your input and observations, and I'm going to try bumping the bass up another notch to see what it sounds like.  You know, I'm always a little paranoid about that deep 5-string overpowering the kick and flooding the bottom end, and I think I usually go a little too conservatively.  I may have thinned the bass out a little with my last round of EQ tweaks, and not compensated enough with a touch more volume to make up for it.  I'm still toying around with this song, while I'm trying to wrap up my finals for my CD, so I'll definitely revisit the bass one more time, and check it on as many systems as possible.

Many thanks again, Phil, and best wishes for a very Merry Christmas! 
Bob
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re:"Made of Glass" (Power Rock) 2011/12/18 11:27:40 (permalink)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
Bob Oister
Re:"Made of Glass" (Power Rock) 2011/12/19 03:29:06 (permalink)
Wookie:

Hey, John, thank you sir, it's always great to get the "official" Wookie stamp of approval! 

Have a great Christmas, my friend!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No How
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5180
Re:"Made of Glass" (Power Rock) 2011/12/19 10:42:28 (permalink)
Hello Bob,

Another hard slamming rocker.  I like the tempo change a lot.  It sounds like the high hats are a bit too bright (especially with the reverb magnifying them) and the bass can come up some but all else is right on the money.

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
Bob Oister
Re:"Made of Glass" (Power Rock) 2011/12/20 18:57:06 (permalink)
No How:

Hey, Rick,

How are things, buddy?  Hope you're doing great!

Thanks for giving this one a listen, and also for your very kind words!  As per your and Phil's suggestion, I'm definitely going to give the bass a little bump upwards when I can get back to this, probably next week,

Thanks so much for your helpful input and comments, greatly appreciated, my friend.  Best wishes for a Merry Christmas!
Bob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

congalocke
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 252
Re:"Made of Glass" (Power Rock) 2011/12/20 20:47:57 (permalink)
\m/Thick Tune\m/ No need to echo the constructive criticism... Nice Harmonies and huge drums! conga
chasmcg
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 642
Re:"Made of Glass" (Power Rock) 2011/12/21 14:08:15 (permalink)
Bob, sounds great all the way around. Vocal, guitars, mix and master. Great job!
Lynn
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6117
Re:"Made of Glass" (Power Rock) ***Mix #3 Up 12/12/11 2011/12/22 11:27:27 (permalink)
You have the heavy metal vibe going quite well.  The production is very good, as are the performances.  I liked the hook as well, good vocal.  I would play this for the people at Dunder-Mifflin.

All the best,
Lynn

my songs
www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
Bob Oister
Re:"Made of Glass" (Power Rock) ***Mix #3 Up 12/12/11 2011/12/24 04:22:46 (permalink)
congalocke:

Hey, thanks very much for checking this song out for me, and for your very kind words!  I greatly appreciate you taking time to listen and comment, and I'm very grateful for your input.

Thanks again, and best wishes for a great holiday season!
Bob
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chasmcg:

Hey Charlie,

How are you, buddy?  Doing well, I hope!

It's really great to see you back around on the forum, and I really appreciate your kind words of encouragement!  Your cool videos that you posted over the summer inspired me to get started on trying one myself, and I'm hoping to post it right after the holidays.  Stay tuned! 

Thanks again, Charlie, I really appreciate your input.  Best wishes fro a Merry Christmas, buddy!
Bob
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lynn:

Hey, Lynn,

Thank you sir, for giving this song a listen and also for your very kind words!  I truly  appreciate your input and comments.

Have a wonderful holiday season!  I'll be sure to tell Dwight, Jim and Pam that you said hello! 
Bob
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1