Missing Plugins

Author
yoe
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 277
2014/03/03 20:52:13 (permalink)

Missing Plugins

So, I just installed Sonar X3 after not using SONAR since version X1, and when I open projects I'm getting this error:

"The following plug-ins are referred to by this project but could not be found"

So clearly I'm missing some plugins, but I'd like to go through them with you guys because I have some questions

- Vintage Channel VC64 - From what I understand that's no longer a part of Sonar X3, right? so how do I get it back? I really love plugin. Should I just install Sonar X1 and copy the plugins folder over or something? I don't want to have X1 installed but I'll do it temporarily to get those plugins  (same with V-Vocal)

- Rapture - It's saying it's missing but I actually DO have Rapture installed and working great. Is this a different version of Rapture? How can I make these old plugins work with new Rapture? I think I have version 1.21
shadoe42
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: Missing Plugins 2014/03/03 21:01:51 (permalink)
I keep getting asked over and over to identify plugins like the vocal strip and things. With all the issues I had just getting the transaction to go thru this is quickly becoming a waste of money
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Missing Plugins 2014/03/03 21:02:00 (permalink)
The plug-ins not included with X3 would require a custom installation of X1, although I believe V-Vocal requires the X1 basic installation.

Rapture has a Rapture 1.22 patch that was issued with X2 (and later) that should show up in your store account.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
yoe
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 277
Re: Missing Plugins 2014/03/03 21:10:29 (permalink)
I'm pretty sure I've installed the 1.22 patch. Could it be that the problem is that originally, the version of Rapture I use for those projects was 32bit? was there even a 32bit version of rapture?
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Missing Plugins 2014/03/03 21:21:22 (permalink)
The advanced install of SONAR is the way to select individual components to install. V-Vocal is not a separately installable plug-in. To get V-Vocal installed will require installing an older version of the SONAR program itself, although it is not necessary to install all the other components.

The Rapture failure is most likely a project reference to the DXi version of Rapture. This version predates the X-series SONAR. The best way to get the DXi version of Rapture working along with the VST version is to uninstall the current version of Rapture (including the registry entries),  install the old version (authenticate using the original credentials) and patching with the files from the Rapture support page. Then re-install the add on libraries.

If you have custom samples and programs, create a copy of the current Rapture, both the "Program Files" and ProgramData directories before uninstall. Then re-integrate the files after the re-install. If a copy is made, you can skip re-install of the add-on libraries and use this copy instead.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1