In case you've forgotten, the Sonitus compressor is pretty good

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
rebel007
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 926
Re: In case you've forgotten, the Sonitus compressor is pretty good 2014/08/04 22:46:05 (permalink)
Interesting thread. I hardly ever use Sonitus plugs anymore, LP-64 is a great multiband compressor, very simple to use and great visual feedback. The two basic PC compressors are both very adept and musical. LA-2A is awesome on vocals (and other instruments) and the VX-64 is still a great FX chain containing very effective plugs that can be used on instruments as well as vocals.
The new fly out EQ is the only EQ that I use except for special applications. I am tending toward the new Nomad EQ's, although am having a look at the Melda dynamic version, it will be the only plug that I have purchased outside of Cakewalk if I do go with it.
I have yet to find a Reverb plug that I love, Breverb, Nomad, Sonitus, Tsar, and even the Cakewalk reverb all come 2nd to my outboard reverbs (it's quite possible that I just don't know how to use them). The only one that comes close is Perfect Space (I use it often and have even tried my hand at my own spaces), and it looks like Cakewalk are abandoning this. I hope there is another convolution in the works to replace it.

Home Built Desktop Computer: Intel Core i5 750: 4Mb RAM: NVidia 210 Silent: Windows 10 32bit: Sonar Platinum: Roland OctaCapture
Presario CQ41 Laptop: Intel Core i5 760: 4Mb RAM: Windows 10 32bit: Sonar Platinum (Retired)
CbB on HP Pavilion Laptop 64bit: GeForce Video Card: Intel 8550: 256GB SSD 1TB Data Drive: Windows10 64bit
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1