Helpful ReplyStaff View - Fix The Bugs

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
papacucku
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 135
Re: Staff View - Fix The Bugs 2015/07/16 16:33:37 (permalink)
You got me.   I am not a user or proponent of staff/notation editing or even staff viewing.  That is why we have opinions and vote.  And no I see no difference in my advocating enhancements to drum replacer and being excited by that prospect and someone's advocacy for enhancements or bug fixes to staff view and editing.  As I said your example of drum replacer was dead on.   Make no mistake drum replacing is CLEARLY a separate product and should be considered a new feature/enhancement.  

In fact it kind of is presented and seen that way.  In fact if you look at products on cakewalks web page you will see they even list drum replacer as its own item.

Right or wrong that is the position something as exciting as this holds in the minds of some folks (like me).  

I will advocate for the stuff I like and  I am one person that is glad for vocal align and drum replace as added features/products even at the expense of fixing bugs in staff view or staff editor.  Others who feel otherwise should feel free to advocate accordingly. 

Here is the official position of staff view by the company on the website.  Market research would have to indicate whether this is a sound strategy for the company.  

"Description of the Staff View

The Staff View shows you sequencer data as staff notation, and has basic interactive editing and printing capabilities. Cakewalk is not intended as a replacement for full-featured music publishing software. Although it does print notation, there are many nuances of notation that Cakewalk does not even try to address. Instead, we have sought to satisfy the request of many users for the ability to view, edit, and print their music as notes on a staff, not just in Piano Roll and Event List formats.
The Staff View can display up to 24 staves of standard notation. You can view up to 24 tracks in the Staff View, provided that each track uses only one staff."

One side note: if there are bugs in what has already been rolled out that is another story.  That should be fixed no matter what the road ahead looks like.

I would love for sonar/cakewalk to come out with a leading staff view and notation editor but I personally would be more excited by other things.  I am a fanboy and started using cakewalk way way back in windows 3.11 days.  I would like for them to kick butt.   

It is tough for this product line because it is a pretty fast moving industry, for example they rollout something sweet like v-vocal and it is really not a factor for very long as it cant really compete with the advances of competition.  Should they continue to develop and enhance it our cut losses and go with melodyne?  well they could do the same with drum replacer and staff view.  let em die on the vine and integrate a drumagog and magic score maestro or something.   I love the simplicity of drum replacer and think it could be better then drumagog fairly easily.  You may feel that way about staff view as well.  I concede all your points.  However they are your points. ;)
post edited by papacucku - 2015/07/16 16:44:22

Rig1: Platinum. 1513 Intel Core i7 5930K (3.50GHz) 32GB DDR3 SSD, GTX 970 Windows  10 64. Focusrite Saffire 6i6. Presonus Monitors.

Rig 2:Platinum. Win 7,  Quad CPU 8 DDR3. SSD. RME multiface II, Oktopre MKII, StudioLive AI 16,  Presonus Sceptre Coaxial Monitors.  
Drums:TAMA ImperialStar, Roland TD30
Keys: Yamaha Mx-61, M-audio Keystation IRIG I/O Midi Controllers.
Additional Plugs:Melodyne Editor, Izotope (all), Autotune, Trillian, East West(most),Addictive Drums2, Addictive Piano, AIR FX Collection.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1