Answerednot all patches play (Rapture Pro)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Geo524
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 647
Re: not all patches play 2015/05/02 01:10:10 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
Doktor Avalanche
Sadly I agree. What we do know is it will improve,they have acknowledged which makes them a...OK in my book. So at this stage maybe best to wait for a couple of months for a service pack.

Geo524
Thanks. A couple months?!! Yikes. I hope that isn't the case.

It probably is. Cakewalk has built up a reputation to be slow but reliable. They will probably speed up over the next 12 months. Regardless of anything any sensible consumer should have have confidence ... And patience....This is all cool in my book nothing is instant.

That's really a shame. There were a couple of times over the past year or so that I sent an email to tech support.  I never even got a response. One of those emails was fairly recent. I keep the faith though because at least I see them actively offering help here on the forums. I just have a difficult time understanding how an upgrade like this can cause so many issues. Had I known I wouldn't have spent the money. I just hope they make it right and get it resolved soon.

Win 10 x 64; CbB; SPlat; MixCraft 8 Pro; AMD FX4130, 3.8 GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; SSD 1TB, 2 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR624 Monitors, KRK G2 Rockit 5's, Dual HP S2331 23" Monitors
Music and SFX 
http://www.radiosparx.com/georgeandmarguerite

Geo524
Re: not all patches play (Rapture Pro) 2015/05/02 01:13:02 (permalink)
ShellstaX
Magic Russ
Addding to the list, Anderton Electronic Guitars, Bass_Round, Bass_RoundDeep, and Bass_Stealth are not making any sound for me.  (odd that I am complaining that something named "stealth" should be quiet...)

Fix:
For those 3 I'm assuming case sensitivity in the .prog(?) So reload the multisamples, and save the prog (suffixed with your initials if you like):

Each have 2 active elements (as seen from Mixer)

Load the Multisamples:
For each of those elements (via the numbers - top center)
Load the sample/shape, in the OSC/SMP region, from your %MultiSamples%\TechnoGuitars directory as:

Bass_Round:
Element 1: sc03(.wav)
Element 2: sc02
(Note: I initially thought I saw these as 'cleanmidpu_1' for both ... but when I went back they were sc03,sc02)

Bass_RoundDeep:
Element 1: octaves_loop_g2
Element 2: sc03

Bass_Stealth:
Element 1: sc01
Element 2: sc01

Save the Progs (for each one in turn):
Via Program Dropdown - top right
Save Program As ...
%Patches&Presets%\Rapture (legacy)\Electronic Guitars\Bass\name_new_suffix.prog
(obviously you can replace the originals if you prefer).

They will present themselves in the Browser when you go back.

Thanks ShellstaX

Win 10 x 64; CbB; SPlat; MixCraft 8 Pro; AMD FX4130, 3.8 GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; SSD 1TB, 2 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR624 Monitors, KRK G2 Rockit 5's, Dual HP S2331 23" Monitors
Music and SFX 

Christopher Brown [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 132
Re: not all patches play (Rapture Pro) 2015/05/04 15:34:13 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk] 2015/05/05 11:49:35
Hi all,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that we are aware of the problems that some expansion packs are having. Rapture Pro currently is not locating the samples, as several of you have observed from the logs, and we're working hard to get a solution in place for you as quickly as we can. 
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 395
Re: not all patches play (Rapture Pro) 2015/05/04 15:46:54 (permalink)
komposer
Just FYI I was looking forward to hearing the mello patches. NSL

I'm currently scouring our forums and putting together these issues along with other bakers here at HQ. Can you guys do the following for patches that do not play so that I can confirm the behavior on my end:

PM me with:
1) Bank Name
2) Instrument Type
3) Name of Patch

Thanks!
-DG
Revrat
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: not all patches play (Rapture Pro) 2015/05/05 15:34:44 (permalink)
I found it to be a path issue on the sound files. I was missing a lot of the orchestral patches (no sound but listed). I went into each patch I wanted to play and just used the load feature to browse for the sound files with the same name and when located just saved them again. Not really up for going through all of them but it seemd to work fine.
Geo524
Re: not all patches play (Rapture Pro) 2015/05/05 18:35:57 (permalink)
Christopher Brown [Cakewalk]
Hi all,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that we are aware of the problems that some expansion packs are having. Rapture Pro currently is not locating the samples, as several of you have observed from the logs, and we're working hard to get a solution in place for you as quickly as we can. 

Thanks and good to know but it's not just missing files causing problems. Some samples continuously play, there are huge spikes and volume differences plus the synth itself will sometimes freeze.

Music and SFX 

komposer
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: not all patches play (Rapture Pro) 2015/05/05 22:16:37 (permalink)
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]

I'm currently scouring our forums and putting together these issues along with other bakers here at HQ. Can you guys do the following for patches that do not play so that I can confirm the behavior on my end:

PM me with:
1) Bank Name
2) Instrument Type
3) Name of Patch

Thanks!
-DG

Thanks for your attention, but I don't think it has anything to do with individual patches being investigated. There are enough bad patches that I will not have the time to report every last one. Not really my job. It would take hours. Again, thank you for your attention. Is there a time when we can expect an update? 

Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 395
Re: not all patches play (Rapture Pro) 2015/05/06 10:46:43 (permalink)
komposer
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]

PM me with:
1) Bank Name
2) Instrument Type
3) Name of Patch

Thanks!
-DG

Thanks for your attention, but I don't think it has anything to do with individual patches being investigated. There are enough bad patches that I will not have the time to report every last one. Not really my job. It would take hours. Again, thank you for your attention. Is there a time when we can expect an update? 

You can see the Product Manager's response here: 
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3216580
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1