Helpful ReplyLockedhave anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: have anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10? 2015/08/04 20:58:33 (permalink)
My first post...
Doktor Avalanche
The short answer is it's not quite ready yet. Until the drivers are ready everything writen above can be regarded as pure speculation.

This is not an attack this is a fact. Saying that official drivers might not be released because they are under testing, and that Roland cannot be bothered to make these drivers is speculative at best and plain wrong at worst.

Doktor Avalanche
Again the driver has not been released, you are probably using the MS driver. I've never found a use with the other software, esp when using Sonar.

This is a clarification of what I said supplying additonal info. I was stating the additional software may not be necessary. This is apparently another attack and undermining. I also clarified in detail later on.

You then stated I was arrogant, ignorent and silly and you keep saying read the thread without telling me exactly what your issue is.

I have already read the thread twice I have no idea what you are talking about and nor are you prepared to say what it is.

Goodnight.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: have anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10? 2015/08/05 02:52:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Rob James G 2015/08/05 11:35:47
Rob James G
You started on the attack, your first post in this thread was attack.

Relax Rob... That was not thought to be an attack. Simply ignore his statements, its his usual style (which you can understand reading his other posts).

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
musichoo
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 811
Re: have anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10? 2015/08/05 04:05:05 (permalink)
Hi Guys. We are all friends here. We are here to help each other out. Peace.

Sonar Platinum. Win7 64bit. i7 CPU 4770. 14 Gig RAM. Roland A500Pro controller keyboard. Korg Krome 88. M-audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard, Focusrite 18i8, Roland UA25EX. Ivory II, True Piano, Addictive Keys, Synthmaster, Harmor, Zeta +2, Lounge Lizard 4, Geist, Miroslav 2, Sample Tank 3. Kaiser grand piano. Shure KSM137 x2. Wave's Renaissance and Gold. Breeze. ST3. Pianoteq 5. AD2.Aether Reverb, Dune2 , Reason 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate, Syntronik, O8N2 adv, Studio one 3.5 Pro.

https://etherealpiano.bandcamp.com/
Rob James G
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: have anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10? 2015/08/05 05:05:38 (permalink)
azslow3
Rob James G
You started on the attack, your first post in this thread was attack.

Relax Rob... That was not thought to be an attack. Simply ignore his statements, its his usual style (which you can understand reading his other posts).

Azslow, Musichoo,
Cheers guys.
I tried with him, as you can see. I'm perfectly relaxed.
He obviously means well even, despite his approach.

It's good that solutions are coming through.
Doktor Avalanche
Re: have anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10? 2015/08/05 06:05:33 (permalink)
If I called you arrogant, ignorent and silly I apologise. I still do not know why you did it though and I still have no idea why you took issue. If I have an issue I'm generally straight out with it rather than than evasive but I guess that is just my style. I can't see how on earth what I've posted here can be interpreted as an attack yet it seems calling somebody silly, arrogant and ignorent is perfectly acceptable.

Fair enough..
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/08/05 06:16:09

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
Rob James G
Re: have anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10? 2015/08/05 07:14:07 (permalink)
Doktor,
Once again, and probably wasted effort......
You took issue without properly reading the thread. It was very clear in the text that we were discussing how the existing Roland drivers weren't working in Win 10, it was very clear that we are all watching the compatibility updates page for news on proper Win 10 Roland driver, and in the meantime we had to try the "standard mode" Windows driver.
 Musichoo and Azlow and I discussed the option of turning off the A-800's regular operational mode. Musichoo described his experience with this, I followed up with my experience with this.
You waded in and through ignorance of the details of the discussion making assumptions that without their proper context implied the wrong driver/mode had been chosen.

Your 1st comment in the thread was dismissive, in your second comment you expressed irritation (obviously proving irrefutably that you had not read the thread properly); " Again the driver has not been released, you are probably using the MS driver"
Continuing in that way is counter productive. Hence my comments. They weren't really insults, they were observations. 
 My comment after this second dismissive remark: "You really shouldn't reply without reading posts in the thread properly first. This is an unfortunate mix of ignorance and arrogance.
 You'll make yourself look rather silly"

At which point most people would have read the above posts and worked out where they had gone wrong but no.
I believe you almost certainly know your mistake and are trying to obfuscate the details and to act wounded.

Doktor Avalanche
Re: have anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10? 2015/08/05 07:46:16 (permalink)
Rob James G

You waded in and through ignorance of the details of the discussion making assumptions that without their proper context implied the wrong driver/mode had been chosen.

Once again you call me ignorant. Thankyou so much. I still haven't used any of these terms upon you.

Rob James G
Your 1st comment in the thread was dismissive

No I said it was speculative. Saying that Roland probably won't be releasing drivers because they are under testing is a weird thing to say. You will observe I did not call you ignorant and stupid,a word you seem to use with ease.

Rob James G
in your second comment you expressed irritation (obviously proving irrefutably that you had not read the thread properly); " Again the driver has not been released, you are probably using the MS driver"
Continuing in that way is counter productive.

It appears you are not actually aware that MS provides a driver that will work with the keyboard and not with Act, since Windows 7 I believe. In your previous quote you seem to think the additional software is essential and I'm saying it may not be because it is bundled in Sonar. Again I'm not using the word ignorant here as that would be extremely rude wouldn't it?

Rob James G
Hence my comments. They weren't really insults, they were observations. 

Oh I'm sorry I stand corrected, I should take it as a compliment to be called silly, arrogant and stupid. Silly me.

Rob James G
 My comment after this second dismissive remark: "You really shouldn't reply without reading posts in the thread properly first. This is an unfortunate mix of ignorance and arrogance.
You'll make yourself look rather silly"

The way you have just written this it could easily be interpretted that I wrote it. Let's be clear here this is your sort of language and your exact quote.

Rob James G
At which point most people would have read the above posts and worked out where they had gone wrong but no.

I will ask you one more time. What exactly is the issue? Where have I gone wrong. Is this another way of saying read the thread again. What exactly is factually incorrect or out of context with what I have written.

Rob James G
I believe you almost certainly know your mistake and are trying to obfuscate the details and to act wounded. 

What mistake you still have not showed me. Please post a quote and tell me what is the mistake I have made? I asked you that ages ago and you keep saying read the thread.

I'm not wounded, I've just been called silly, arrogant and ignorant. You've just called me ignorant again. Thanks a lot.

Your keep implying that I'm unable to read the thread as well, I've already told you I've read the thread twice and I still have no clue what you are on about. At this point I assume you want to just want save face or something.. Regardless you are extremely rude.

Doktor Avalanche
Re: have anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10? 2015/08/05 08:07:39 (permalink)
Rob James G

Hi,
A Pro 800 (current product) currently does not work in Win10. Allegedly drivers are "under testing"
I'm hoping this is a very poorly worded suggestion that the drivers are being worked on. However the latest legend on their website suggests otherwise.
Roland driver advice seems to imply that they cannot be bothered to make their devices compatible.
Roland appear to have stuck two fingers up at their customers, and I hope they lose most of them if this attitude continues:
Note the legends, no suggestion of drivers in development
Google this:  Roland support news 250024

Quote:
"Legend
Yes: Compatible Compatible with Windows(R) 10 64-bit Edition / 32-bit Edition

Limited: Limited compatibility Compatible with Windows(R) 10 64-bit Edition / 32-bit Edition with limited operation

No: No plan for compatible version
We are sorry but we have no plan to make it compatible with Windows(R) 10 64-bit Edition / 32-bit Edition"

Rob James G

Current state of play:

MIDI Keyboard Controller

Model name Hardware & Driver Exclusive Software Remarks A-300PRO A-500PRO A-800PRO Under testing No Exclusive Software:            
  • A-PRO Editor : Sorry but it is out of support.
  • A-PRO Control Surface Plug-in for SONAR : Sorry but it is out of support.

I'll give a little more information.

I own a A300 Pro. I'm fully aware of the software it is supplied with and how it works I'm sorry you don't think I do but whatever.

1) The additional software which you were going on about not being supported by Roland in Windows 10 I believe is in order to support Sonar versions prior to X1. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong here.

2) Microsoft supplies a driver. Act will not work though without the Roland driver.

3) 'Testing' generally is the last stage before a software release. This suggests drivers are in development.

4) You may go on about the context of the thread but this was the exact quote I was responding to, as you know because I pasted the quote. I don't blame you though for wanting to distance yourself away from it.

5) I haven't seen a picture or a quote stating Roland have stuck two fingers up their customers yet.

I guess you will interpret this as another attack. If so many apologies in advance.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/08/05 08:34:28

Rob James G
Re: have anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10? 2015/08/05 08:46:27 (permalink)
I've not repeated any insults, I merely cut 'n' paste the old comments.

I had not tried to distance myself from any comments, quite the reverse, as anyone will be able to see.
Your continued barrage will just put people off the thread though, which could be a shame as there is useful info here.

I haven't implied anything about your knowledge of these products, anywhere in the thread, how could I, I don't know you!

The comments about Roland are obviously metaphorical. No company would literally do that or indeed intend that.
However I have seen plenty of forum threads with understandably disgruntled customers left with unsupported devices and abandoned Roland software. I feel for those people. Windows has always been about backwards compatibility. At least the people with older Roland keyboards can switch advanced mode off and use a standard Windows driver. 
I like the Roland hardware, because of this I express disappointment with their poor driver support.
It is poor, Windows 10 preview has been available for months with millions of users. 
People have been able to hack some of these drivers to make them work in the last week, they have done this in a matter of days.
We all know there is no technical reason why Win10 should not support these other older devices. Roland have clearly decided it is not in their economical interest to support devices over a certain age. This will backfire IMHO, I do not think people will go out and buy the new version from Roland. They will buy from another company; once bitten..........

Doktor Avalanche
Re: have anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10? 2015/08/05 09:01:12 (permalink)
That's your opinion, I disagree with it as Roland has not finished rolling out drivers, but that does not make your opinion invalid. I simply stated what you were writing was speculative and now you say it was metaphorical so it seems you more or less agree. If I was to take an offense or be on the attack I would have written something on the lines you did but I didn't.

It looks like we are never going to get to the bottom of my apparent ignorance here and why you used such strong words, believe me I'm all up for self improvement. I think I've demonstrated enough of what I see you may have overlooked.

Nevermind I think we both better stop typing there are better things to do with our lives.

Rob James G
Re: have anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10? 2015/08/05 09:06:55 (permalink)

I count around 15 devices that Roland has stated it will not support in Win 10. Their words, not mine.
Roland legend says:
"No: No plan for compatible version    
We are sorry but we have no plan to make it compatible with Windows(R) 10 64-bit Edition / 32-bit Edition"

Rob James G
Re: have anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10? 2015/08/05 09:19:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Doktor Avalanche 2015/08/05 09:20:43
Doktor Avalanche
Nevermind I think we both better stop typing there are better things to do with our lives.

Yes, we are both bickering with total strangers on the internet. In that way we are both silly time wasters.
Especially as in reality we are both on the same side.  

Beagle
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re: have anyone tested a pro300/500/900 with win10? 2015/08/05 09:23:26 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Rob James G 2015/08/05 11:20:01
let's reset and go to neutral corners, OK?  I'm locking this thread because of the high emotions and name calling.  if you want to continue the conversation about the win10 drivers of the pro series please start another thread but keep the posts focused on the subject and not toward each other.  thanks.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1