Why does Rapture Pro always revert to demo mode?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
mcdonalk
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 547
Re: Why does Rapture Pro always revert to demo mode? 2016/07/24 19:54:28 (permalink)
It has been over six weeks since Cakewalk has corresponded with me on this issue. In the mean time, Cakewalk has chosen not to respond to three requests that I have emailed them for an update on this issue.

It has been over four months since I have exhausted advice on this forum and entered the technical support case on this issue.

In summary, Cakewalk has ceased responding both to my forum posts here, and to my technical support requests and has offered no explanation. All of my correspondence has been professional and civil in tone.

After using Cakewalk products successfully for 34 years, I am suddenly beset with the worst support that I recall ever having had for any product (with the possible exception of the period of silence when Apple was buying Camel Audio). In addition, in the absence of any explanation or information, one tends to assume the worst reasons for why support no longer exists. I doubt that I am alone, so I therefore feel that it is in Cakewalk's best interest to inform us of the reason for the apparent cessation or extended delay for technical support. The actual reason has to be better than no response at all.
jackroller
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: Why does Rapture Pro always revert to demo mode? 2016/07/24 23:38:54 (permalink)
What he said.

MOTU 896mk3
Win 10 x64, Intel 5820k 4.0Ghz, MSI x99a Krait Mobo, 32GB RAM, JBOD from Hell.  
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Why does Rapture Pro always revert to demo mode? 2016/07/25 10:42:48 (permalink)
I am very sorry you have been having all those issues for so long.

I just jumped in to suggest you EXPLICITLY use the Run As Administrator option to launch Rapture Pro in stand-alone mode, OR right-click on the Sonar launch icon and EXPLICITLY use the Run As Administrator option, and when doing either option, make sure you are connected to the internet.

There are indeed additional program execution privileges that get assigned ONLY with Run As Administrator, EVEN if you are using a Windows account that is of type 'Administrator'.

Just give the above a try, and see if that gets you over the hump of continually running in Demo mode.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
igiwigi
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 437
Re: Why does Rapture Pro always revert to demo mode? 2016/07/25 14:10:33 (permalink)
HI
I have had similar problems with support and they offered apology and gave me a 15% voucher off my next purchase.
That does not help me a bit.

This question of can the forum solve the issue is not right.

What has happened to support when you need It.????
The question has not really been answered yet, It Is always avoided.
Cakewalk need to get their act together.
robert_e_bone
Re: Why does Rapture Pro always revert to demo mode? 2016/07/25 17:36:02 (permalink)
I have no knowledge of the status of technical support, or awareness of anything other than what they have indicated in the past about the situation.

I DID provide a perfectly valid thing to try, for getting it to recognize it is authorized to run on that computer, and have seen no further response from the original poster as to whether or not that worked.

I will continue to monitor this thread to see if that worked. :)

Bob Bone

Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
mcdonalk
Re: Why does Rapture Pro always revert to demo mode? 2016/07/28 13:31:40 (permalink)
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have already tried running as an administrator a few months back, and that made no difference to my specific issue. Also, per my original post, I can get Rapture Pro working if I activate it via Command Center, but Rapture Pro reverts to demo mode within a day. Note that my PC is typically not connected to the internet; Sonar operates successfully without an internet connection, and Rapture Pro should also. Cakewalk agrees with this, and this is what they have been helping me to achieve in the rare responses that I have received from them over the past months.
VanessaJ
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 60
Re: Why does Rapture Pro always revert to demo mode? 2016/08/02 19:49:59 (permalink)
Hi mcdonalk,

I haven't followed every post on this thread, so I'm not sure of every step you've already tried.
I had this issue when I swapped out my old HD for a new SSD, and again when I upgraded to Win-10.
VERY frustrating!!

As I recall, I resolved it by going to my account 'Products' page and re-authorizing it from there. Also, I've noticed that sometimes if your version of the Cakewalk Command center isn't the latest, it can cause these kinds of issues.

My own latest unresolved throw-in-the-towel problem is with a plug-in that REFUSES to work in Sonar (or Sonar refuses to work with it) since I upgraded to Win-10. That is Miroslav Philharmonik. It works just fine in standalone, but Sonar cannot work with it anymore. Weird, because Sonar works okay with my other plugins (some of which I had to reauthorize after the Win-10 upgrade, but I don't think that's a Sonar issue).

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart" ~ Confucius

Sonar Platinum;  Windows 10, 16gb RAM;  Mackie Onyx Blackbird FW Interface;  4 Keyboards, 2 Native American flutes, 7 guitars, several pedals, a Roland Jazz Chorus amp, some mics, some B/W posters, a roll-y foot massager, partridge in a pear tree (and lotsa' other cool sh*t  )
mcdonalk
Re: Why does Rapture Pro always revert to demo mode? 2016/08/10 03:20:44 (permalink)
VanessaJ:

Thanks for your suggestion. Although I have performed online (and offline) authorization many times in the past, with Rapture Pro consistently reverting to demo mode, I have not tried in the past several weeks. At my next available opportunity, I'll check for an updated Command  Center and try again.

However, having gotten by without a functional Rapture Pro for this long, I find that I have been getting by just fine without it and am starting to wonder whether a refund, rather than a solution to my authorization problem, would be a better solution.
robert_e_bone
Re: Why does Rapture Pro always revert to demo mode? 2016/08/29 11:33:17 (permalink)
It's actually got some nice sounds, and for me it replaces Dim Pro and Rapture, and has nice layers and effects.

Bob Bone

mcdonalk
Re: Why does Rapture Pro always revert to demo mode? 2016/08/30 12:34:03 (permalink)
I am sensitive to betraying a confidence, but in the last communication with Cakewalk on 6/7/16, Technical Support suggested that they had identified the issue, and then Technical Support went silent. I appreciate the attempts on this forum to help me, but I believe at this point that the solution lies with a fix in Rapture Pro.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1