Helpful ReplyLockedThe wait is over. Cakewalk offering callback support starting April 11th

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
tenfoot
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2186
Re: The wait is over. Cakewalk offering callback support starting April 11th 2016/04/01 22:01:36 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Hi Bruce,

tenfoot 
This is pretty funny Willy - at least if you live in Australia. 

I'm not involved in the distribution arrangements, but thanks for sharing this. I'll send it to the right people to find out what the story is.

Thanks Willy. FWIW I think the new callback system is a good idea. I also don't see how it is unreasonable to offer telephone support as part of the membership plan and have no problem with it ceasing with my membership. That seems pretty logical to me.

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
scottfa
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 453
Re: The wait is over. Cakewalk offering callback support starting April 11th 2016/04/01 22:30:58 (permalink)
Hmmmmmm....  I see a few problems.
if my problem is intermittent I  would need to call as it is happening.
next, are support hours being expanded?
finally, any guarantee of max length of time before a scheduled callback? "Sorry, can't schedule until two weeks from today, all slots are filled......."
i find the support, both via phone and the forum, a major reason to stay with Sonar as my DAW of choice.

Intel I7 2600K (OCed to 4.0)
Gigabyte Ga-Z68X-UD3H-B3
16G Corsair 1600  Memory 4 sticks
1 SSD, 1WD 650 SATA and 1 Samsung 1G SATA    
Steinberg MR816X 
Mackie R800 Adat to the Steinberg
Windows 10 64 bit     
Sonar Platinum Lifetime
UAD-2  Solo
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: The wait is over. Cakewalk offering callback support starting April 11th 2016/04/01 22:51:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby rtucker55 2016/04/01 23:13:00
Not to be a smart ass, but the best way to reduce the demands on tech support is to make a product that requires less of it.

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
ricoskyl
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 327
Re: The wait is over. Cakewalk offering callback support starting April 11th 2016/04/01 23:50:58 (permalink)
I don't earn my living using SONAR, so I might not appreciate the anxiety some anticipate about the loss of "immediate" phone support, but...

I imagine some users are prone to make phone calls even when an answer might be available from elsewhere (e.g. this forum and its archives, the help system, documentation, etc.) and a short scheduled wait time might encourage those folks to explore those resources before picking up the phone.  That would reduce the load on the staff allowing more time for more perplexing problems...or even to <gasp!> check their email.

A lot of other software vendors offer support contracts that spell out ways the company will provide premium support, and each product supported--potentially even sunsetted products--will increase the cost of that support. These premiums would cover the cost of this premium-grade support, so it wouldn't have to impact the membership model.  I personally wouldn't pay a premium for pick-up-the-phone-and-talk-to-the-tech service, but then, as I said, I don't earn my living working with this software.

From a management perspective, I see how this makes sense.  Time management is more effective for everyone (staff and customer) expect the user who expects an answer while his/her HD is still spinning down.  It's a little one-sided to say that it's all about making more money, but lets face it, Cakewalk/Gibson are in business for that exact reason. The way they do that is by keeping their expert staff and us users happy and productive.  Not by skimping on service or price gouging.  So far so good, as far as I'm concerned.

ps: How many suppliers promote such a vital community as this for its customers to debate the pros and cons of its business decisions?  

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. -Woodrow T. Wilson
Turbulence is a life force. It is opportunity. Let’s love turbulence and use it for change. -Ramsay Clark
----------------------
Sonar Platinum Win 10 x64 on HP Pavilion i7 5500 12Gb RAM, Tascam US-16x08, NVidia 840 8Gb vram, Multi-Screen, Multi-Touch
tenfoot
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2186
Re: The wait is over. Cakewalk offering callback support starting April 11th 2016/04/02 02:25:44 (permalink)
Superfluous and distracting snark removed. Nothing to see here:)
post edited by tenfoot - 2016/04/02 04:32:54

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 751
Re: The wait is over. Cakewalk offering callback support starting April 11th 2016/04/03 19:28:07 (permalink)
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the feedback.

scottfa
if my problem is intermittent I  would need to call as it is happening.

We don't have a great solution for this, even today if your intermittent issue doesn't occur between 1pm and 6pm eastern time we don't have a great solution either. Our support team however, is understanding of intermittent issues and pretty heavily rely on email for follow-up in these types of cases. When I was in support I had a few that would pop back up 3 or 4 months later sometimes, it happens and generally email is the best route for those.

scottfa
next, are support hours being expanded?

We can't 100% commit to this yet, but once we've done callback for a bit and can measure it find out what works and does not work we have every intention of expanding the hours we are available for phone support.

scottfa
finally, any guarantee of max length of time before a scheduled callback?

Not yet, we have no idea how quickly the schedule will fill up once we switch. We do have a few safeguards in place however to prevent this from happening and will be monitoring it closely to ensure we can help as many folks as possible.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: The wait is over. Cakewalk offering callback support starting April 11th 2016/04/03 19:32:19 (permalink)
ampfixer
Not to be a smart ass, but the best way to reduce the demands on tech support is to make a product that requires less of it.

It's on the very short-term roadmap and coupled with analytics we should soon have the data to automate audio and midi device setup which makes up something crazy like more than 50% of our support volume. (Don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but its really high).

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
lfm
Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2216
Re: The wait is over. Cakewalk offering callback support starting April 11th 2016/04/04 06:50:35 (permalink)
Nov 15th 2015 I filed a support ticket due to updating Waves shell to 9.6 and their new license center.
Since I want everything to be up to date, and work - I scanned for Sonar and it crashed for VST3.
Cubase scanned fine - so a Sonar thing

Still have not heard from Cakewalk support over this.

So maybe bring "The wait is over...." to email support to start with.

I filed a ticket with Waves support - and they responded in hours - and gave instructions to give phone number and TeamViewer contact id. So some hours later they connected to my machine, called and all was fixed real soon.

And I'm not even in WUP anymore.

So this kind of support is what I am prepared to pay for - $100 annually, no problem, $200 as well if really priority support by email even. This would collect points for me moving back to Sonar.

The priority at Cakewalk over support is really strange in my view - I just don't get it.
Email support is asyncronous and no part need to be in contact in real time - best of all worlds if response time is short enough - like 24-48 hours or so. Once in dialog, a few hours are appreciated and good, even top notch.

And Cake make a big thing over call back support which certainly cost multum in comparison - and more complicated since both parties needs to meet in real time and it's about office hours and stuff.

So again - I don't get it....but I don't know Gibsons Pro Audio plan for Cakewalk....Sonar as product I consider Pro enough once VCA faders are in place and maybe full support for control surfaces like Avid Artist Mix, S3, S6 and others(at least the level that Cubase has).

Sonar is already a fine daw - why not make a home run....
post edited by lfm - 2016/04/04 07:25:25
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: The wait is over. Cakewalk offering callback support starting April 11th 2016/04/04 09:54:56 (permalink)
For all products/software/services I use phone in case of immediate issues only (login problems, service down, money transfer failures, etc.). So in declared form, Cakewalk no longer has phone support at all starting from 11.04.

Outside of the US, Cakewalk Support is typically provided by the distributor.

So, next time I have a question I can try to call "Korg&More" (German local distributor).

But for Russia it is funny:

Local Distributor
Russian Federation
Gibson Europe BV
Kamerling Onnesweg 2
4131 PK Vianen, Netherlands

I understand that since US Army headquarters are (still) in West Germany, someone can think that Russia is (still) in the near. And since Netherlands is not far away, well... let it be "local distributor" for Russia. Really, even for Vladivostok Vianen is more local (8k km) then Boston (10k km). But in this case Japan distributor is closer (1k km)

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: The wait is over. Cakewalk offering callback support starting April 11th 2016/04/04 10:24:39 (permalink)
Hi Lars,

Thanks for the feedback

lfm
So maybe bring "The wait is over...." to email support to start with.

We'd love to, and we're hoping that this change can get us closer to that by freeing up time throughout the day for our staff to answer and reply to emails.

lfm
So this kind of support is what I am prepared to pay for - $100 annually, no problem, $200 as well if really priority support by email even. This would collect points for me moving back to Sonar.

Interesting and helpful for us to know as we roll this out and start collecting data on it's effectiveness.

lfm
And Cake make a big thing over call back support which certainly cost multum in comparison - and more complicated since both parties needs to meet in real time and it's about office hours and stuff.

I'm not really sure I follow, our current model is all 'about office hours and stuff'. This change makes it waaay easier for our support staff to be available anytime/anywhere with or without connectivity to our phone queues.

lfm 
Sonar is already a fine daw - why not make a home run....

Thanks again for taking the time. I'll pass your requests for VCA faders and improved surface support along to our products team and if you have not already please don't hesitate to create a thread for each of these topics we'd love to hear what the community thinks about them as well.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: The wait is over. Cakewalk offering callback support starting April 11th 2016/04/04 11:02:37 (permalink)
Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the feedback.

azslow3
For all products/software/services I use phone in case of immediate issues only (login problems, service down, money transfer failures, etc.). So in declared form, Cakewalk no longer has phone support at all starting from 11.04. 

We will still have phone support available, you just don't have to wait on hold anymore. For purchase and transaction issues our store partner Cleverbridge is and will continue to be available exactly as they are today. In declared form Cakewalk is now allowing users to tell us when is best to reach them.

azslow3
But for Russia it is funny

Yeah I guess the label 'local' is confusing - even though Gibson Europe is the distributor for Russia. I'll see what we can't do about fixing that messaging.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
brconflict
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1891
Re: The wait is over. Cakewalk offering callback support starting April 11th 2016/04/04 13:52:23 (permalink)
CW: Depending on your phone system, if you can support SIP trunking, look into Voxbone for International inbound toll-free numbers. I use them for Inbound calling, and Vitelity for outbound SIP trunks in other countries. Very low cost, and VoIP quality is good! Voxbone minimum commitment is $500/mo for 24-mo. (read fine print!), but you can easily turn up new toll-free numbers in other countries to connect directly to your PBX in the U.S. Just be sure the IVR's match the accents or time windows. :)  PM me if you'd like more info. 

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1