Helpful ReplyMusic Creator 7 & Sonar Artist, Any reason to keep Music Creator 7?

Author
Serious_Noize!
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 950
2016/04/28 18:35:26 (permalink)

Music Creator 7 & Sonar Artist, Any reason to keep Music Creator 7?

I was just wondering, I like to keep my new PC uncluttered, I upgraded to Sonar X3 Artist from Music Creator 7. 

Is there really any reason I should keep MC7 on my PC?  

I did notice according to this that in Sonar Artist it doesn't show the PX-64 Percussion Strip listed as being part of the Package, but the thing is, it seems to be part of the Music Creator 7 package.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Versions

Thoughts? I just don't want things I don't use and never will again on my new PC unless they have something to offer for the newer versions. 

Just really looking for advice, I don't like Clutter on my new PC. Either way, I see Sonar Artist has Drum Maps and I'm happy about that and many many other things. 

Not complaining, just asking for thoughts on the comparison and reasons for any reason to keep MC7. 

Honestly, I'd just like to remove it completely and have "ONE DAW", that's what I am getting at. 

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and advice! 

post edited by Serious_Noize! - 2016/04/29 17:45:10
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Music Creator 7 & Sonart X3 Artist, Any reason to? 2016/04/28 18:49:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Serious_Noize! 2016/04/28 19:07:44
SONAR Artist (there is no SONAR X3 Artist) should have all the plug-ins and more than MC7. PX-64 is not listed as part of MC7 either http://www.cakewalk.com/D...p;help=Comparison.html. SONAR Artist now has the MixStrip. The virtual controller controller and style dials (including some not part of MC7) and an updated Overloud ampsim, TH3 Cakewalk, have been added to the SONAR line after this comparison was published.

MC7 bundles more loop content than Artist. I believe it is a separate installer so could be added without installing the MC7 program.
Serious_Noize!
Re: Music Creator 7 & Sonart X3 Artist, Any reason to? 2016/04/28 19:11:24 (permalink)
scook
SONAR Artist (there is no SONAR X3 Artist) should have all the plug-ins and more than MC7. PX-64 is not listed as part of MC7 either http://www.cakewalk.com/D...p;help=Comparison.html. SONAR Artist now has the MixStrip. The virtual controller controller and style dials (including some not part of MC7) and an updated Overloud ampsim, TH3 Cakewalk, have been added to the SONAR line after this comparison was published.

MC7 bundles more loop content than Artist. I believe it is a separate installer so could be added without installing the MC7 program.

Well, Sorry, I said X3 because most of the information pages say "X3" in them. 

I had a small issue with loading up an MC7 bundle file in Sonar Artist from the start, and that was with Boost 11,  it had some kinda drop down menu. No big deal for me it was just something I had added to one track in MC7.  

But then again, I could never use Boost 11 in MC7 until I read the thread about changing the name to "Original_" or something like that :  http://forum.cakewalk.com/Music-Creator-7-compatability-with-Boost11-SOLVED-m3194288.aspx

But I'm left wondering if I remove MC7 if PX 64 is not going to be available in Sonar Artist? Along with the Tube Leveler Plug in in MC7? 

Either way, I made an Image backup and when I installed MC7 with my current setup I did it in the offline mode and tracked all files and registries installed at the time, so I am going to remove it completely and see what happens. I'll reply about about the outcome and what's missing that I can tell and what's not. 

Honestly, TH2 is junk compared to TH3 in Sonar Artist, Although I am confused why there is a Rapture session on my desktop that doesn't seem to do anything except run a program where I select my setup and it doesn't work. 

Either way. Don't don't get me wrong at all. Sonar Artist is GREAT FOR ME!!!! Not complaining, just curious about a few things as I am sure others might be also who have upgraded and such things. 

Thanks Scook! :-) 

Serious_Noize!
Re: Music Creator 7 & Sonart X3 Artist, Any reason to? 2016/04/28 19:39:23 (permalink)
Removed MC7 and I lost the PX-64 Percussion Strip and the TL-64 Tube Leveler. So yes, there is a reason to keep MC7 I guess if you use those. I really like the PX-64 Percussion Strip plugin for drums. The Session drummer 3 sounds great compared to the older Session Drummer 2 I have been using. 

So in my test for anyone wondering, yes, there is a reason to keep MC7 if you use those two plugins. The Boost 11 Problem I noticed has to do with 2 different Boost 11's being installed since I upgraded I suspect, so I will restore my PC from Image backup with MC7 & Sonar Artist "The artist formerly known as the X3 Artist version". And roll with what I got. No complaints, just being curios about MC7 & Sonar Artist upgrade I purchased. More than happy. 

Thanks Scook!!! 

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Music Creator 7 & Sonart X3 Artist, Any reason to? 2016/04/28 19:48:33 (permalink)
There are a lot of shared plug-ins such as the style dials which may have been removed with MC7. Re-installing Artist should get them back. While the PX64 and TL64 are NOT part of either product, they serve as the basis for a couple of the style dials.
Serious_Noize!
Re: Music Creator 7 & Sonart X3 Artist, Any reason to? 2016/04/29 17:23:42 (permalink)
scook
There are a lot of shared plug-ins such as the style dials which may have been removed with MC7. Re-installing Artist should get them back. While the PX64 and TL64 are NOT part of either product, they serve as the basis for a couple of the style dials.

Thank you Scook, you have helped me a lot and I can't thank you enough. 

I wanted to say, I uninstalled Music Creator 7, Decided to use Command center and Uninstalled Sonar Artist and reinstalled it. 

After doing that without MC7 I thought I would do a little bit of checking. 

The PX-64 Percussion Strip, TL-64 Tube Leveler, and a new one VX-64 Vocal Strip are there without having Music Creator 7 on my PC. Although I did have to go to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal and rename the folder and the .dll files that weren't showing up as "Original_" without the quotes. After doing that and re-scanning the folders for VST/VSTI's that I had setup, I exited and restarted Sonar Artist and there they were. 

It was a great surprise for me, because now I have the VX-64 Vocal Strip which I had no Idea was an option, I bet a lot of people don't know about this. 

I'm really happy about this upgrade, and I don't wanna discourage anyone away from Music Creator 7, Especially people new to recording using their PC, which is what I use to record with. 

I just thought this was an MC7 question rather than a general sonar question because it has to do with upgrading from. 

I am EXTREMELY happy with the upgrade!!! Now I look forward to upgrade to Sonar Pro for the Melodyne Essentials, and the pro channel is great but probably more than I will ever use. Either way, I can't say enough about how I am really impressed with the upgrade. 
Just wanted to mention that tip about renaming for others.

Thanks again Scook! I really appreciate it!!! 

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1