Studio Instruments install-pointing Studio Instruments to previous sample drive

Author
acmusic
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2016/05/07 12:49:16 (permalink)

Studio Instruments install-pointing Studio Instruments to previous sample drive

Hi-I'll try to explain as clearly as I can.
Sonar Platinum user.
Previously owned much of the content included.
Never reloaded content until I go the bright idea that I might be missing updates.
Started re-installing, including Studio Instruments.
Studio Instruments reinstalled to my rather small SSD C: drive, including samples.. Previous install had samples happily on another drive.
Cannot find a way to point the plugin to the previous sample location.
Side note: on reinstall, the VST scanner would not read the Studio Instruments .dll's inside their folders within the vst folder. I had to copy/paste them outside the folders for them to show up.
I am confuse-a-ma-tized. Can anybody help?
Thanks.
Andrew

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Studio Instruments install-pointing Studio Instruments to previous sample drive 2016/05/13 11:16:10 (permalink)
    there are two ways to relocate sample folders for Cakewalk sfz based synths including the Studio Instruments.

1. Modify the registry. This thread contains the registry entries for all of the CW synths http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/2673527

2. Create directory junctions using the command line mklink utility. This has the advantage of avoiding messing with the registry. In short the syntax is:
    mklink /j current_path new_path
    There are quite a few posts discussing this subject. They can be found by using this search string in Google:
    site:forum.cakewalk.com scook mklink
    acmusic
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: Studio Instruments install-pointing Studio Instruments to previous sample drive 2016/05/13 15:40:01 (permalink)
    Thank you Scook! I did the registry edit, as I'm comfy and careful there. :) Worked like a charm.
    I must have not phrased my searches properly. All info now saved in Evernote. Thanks again!
    dannyeyita
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Studio Instruments install-pointing Studio Instruments to previous sample drive 2017/09/15 20:38:28 (permalink)
    Saludos cordiales yo trabajo con sonar artits en windows 8 y todo iba de maravilla hasta que por una falla tuve que cambiar el disco duro de mi pc y por lo tanto ya me actualize y pase a windows 10 pero al intentar colocar un sintetizador softwere no me aparece el STUDIO INSTRUMENS  que es donde estan las cuerdas el bajo y bateria y alo descargue del comand center lo volvi a reinstalar y me aparece como instalado pero al buscarlo ya  para insertarlo desde el menu de sintetizadores este no aparece. incluso desisnatale el sonar y el command center y los volvi a instalar pero nada, alguna ayuda con respecto a este tema  a que se debe y como puedo hacerlo para que funcione nuevamente
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1