Syncing Z3ta+ iOS to a DAW

Author
mannikin
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21
2016/12/14 13:09:21 (permalink)

Syncing Z3ta+ iOS to a DAW

Hi;

I was EXTREMELY excited to discover the iOS version of Z3ta+, and was looking forward to integrating that into my studio. I'm a Reason user, so unless Z3ta has a Rack Extension version, I can't use it directly in Reason. But I've had good success using iPad instruments synced to Reason. (using Ableton's Link technology). Unfortunately it doesn't look like Z3ta iOS has integrated Link into it's midi architecture. Syncing over WiFi is very glitchy, and in the case of Z3ta, the audio starts to distort when attempting to clock-sync over wifi.

Are there plans on making Z3ta+ Link-ready?
What is the best way to clock-sync Z3ta to a DAW? Is Wifi the only option to get a decent sync strategy going?

Appreciate the guidance and info.

John

1 Reply Related Threads

abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: Syncing Z3ta+ iOS to a DAW 2016/12/14 13:22:08 (permalink)
    mannikin
    Hi;

I was EXTREMELY excited to discover the iOS version of Z3ta+, and was looking forward to integrating that into my studio. I'm a Reason user, so unless Z3ta has a Rack Extension version, I can't use it directly in Reason. But I've had good success using iPad instruments synced to Reason. (using Ableton's Link technology). Unfortunately it doesn't look like Z3ta iOS has integrated Link into it's midi architecture. Syncing over WiFi is very glitchy, and in the case of Z3ta, the audio starts to distort when attempting to clock-sync over wifi.

Are there plans on making Z3ta+ Link-ready?
    What is the best way to clock-sync Z3ta to a DAW? Is Wifi the only option to get a decent sync strategy going?

Appreciate the guidance and info.

John

I suppose you could always submit a feature request.  There's already a thread asking about getting Link enabled on Sonar.  A Cakewalk staff member posted that they would check that out here:
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3483389

In the meantime, here is a list of all the iOS apps that are Link enabled now.
    https://www.ableton.com/en/link/apps/

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1