Prochannel clipping/no audio at times when using Console Emulator

Author
reginaldStjohn
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 485
2017/02/22 15:00:29 (permalink)
5 (1)

Prochannel clipping/no audio at times when using Console Emulator

When using the console emulators I usually have them on every track and bus.  Occasionally, I will get a channel that stops producing sound. If I look the Pro-channel shows that there is clipping with the LED lit up red. Sometimes the track meter will actually show clipping as well but not always.  Almost always turning off or removing the console emulator will resolve the issue.  This time it was happening in a bus and took a while to hunt down.  I removed the console emulator from the bus and the track feeding it and all is working again. 

It is almost like there is some internal feedback that causes it to just produce a high level DC signal or something and blocks all audible audio from coming out.

I am on the most recent Platinum update 01/2017 but this has happened to me on an off with all versions for quite some time.

AMD Phenom II x6, 8 GB Ram, 2 Internal SATA III HD
Windows 10
Presonus Studio Live 16.0.2 Interface/Mixer
Cakewalk Sonar Platinum
Line6 Helix Guitar Processor 
Custom Made (El Bandito) Telecaster
LTD ESP EC-1000
PRS El Torrero SE

1 Reply Related Threads

telecharge
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1180
    Re: Prochannel clipping/no audio at times when using Console Emulator 2017/02/22 15:24:35 (permalink)
    This one might be difficult to reproduce, but there are several forum members who have also experienced this problem.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Prochannel-and-Console-Emulator-problems-m3564207.aspx
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1