Helpful ReplyFeature request for Piano Roll: Waveform Composition Tools

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
MarioD
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 901
Re: Feature request for Piano Roll: Waveform Composition Tools 2017/05/01 00:40:08 (permalink)
THambrecht
When every DAW has such a feature we don't need musicans to make the songs. Then everything sounds the same. According to this feature, Dieter Bohlen worked in the 1980s. All songs sounded the same.
The special thing about music 2017 is that you do NOT work according to this scheme.
Do YOU make music, or the computer?
Still 5 years of development and a button makes the complete song.

That last line reminds me of Band-in-a-Box.

I use BiaB to input chords then I bring everything into Sonar.  I either replace everything but the drums with live playing,  change some chord voiceings, and/or add MIDI tracks via my keyboard/guitar/wind controllers.

The reason people say the vinyl sounds better is because the music was better.

Sonar Platinum, Intel i7 –2600 CPU @ 3.2 GHz, 16 GB ram, 2x2TB internal drives and 1 1TB internal drive, Radeon HD 5570 video card, HP 25" monitor,
Roland Octa Capture, MOTU Midi Express 128, Win 10 Pro

www.soundcloud.com/Mario_Guitar
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Feature request for Piano Roll: Waveform Composition Tools 2017/05/01 00:51:02 (permalink)
MarioD
THambrecht
When every DAW has such a feature we don't need musicans to make the songs. Then everything sounds the same. According to this feature, Dieter Bohlen worked in the 1980s. All songs sounded the same.
The special thing about music 2017 is that you do NOT work according to this scheme.

I use BiaB to input chords then I bring everything into Sonar.  I either replace everything but the drums with live playing,  change some chord voiceings, and/or add MIDI tracks via my keyboard/guitar/wind controllers.

I think BIAB can be a music education in a box if used wisely.  Of course, any technology can be abused!

The library of styles and such provided by BIAB can give you exposure to things you might not normally touch.

I don't see much difference in plugging a chord progression into BIAB and letting it generate tracks for you to jam along with, compared with inviting a few buddies over for a jam session and agreeing on a chord progression, but letting everyone improvise...

But I think I would draw the line at pushing the easy button and letting it write an entire song, LOL!!!

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
MarioD
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 901
Re: Feature request for Piano Roll: Waveform Composition Tools 2017/05/01 01:38:24 (permalink)
abacab
MarioD
THambrecht

I think BIAB can be a music education in a box if used wisely.  Of course, any technology can be abused!

The library of styles and such provided by BIAB can give you exposure to things you might not normally touch.

I don't see much difference in plugging a chord progression into BIAB and letting it generate tracks for you to jam along with, compared with inviting a few buddies over for a jam session and agreeing on a chord progression, but letting everyone improvise...

But I think I would draw the line at pushing the easy button and letting it write an entire song, LOL!!!

There is a big difference for me.  One there are not a lot of musicians around here and second, more important at least to my wife, volume! But if possible I would take the live jams over BiaB any day.

I hear you.  I have never heard a good complete song from any software and if that was available I still wound not use it.  Even though I am not a pro I do enjoy playing my own instruments. At 71 I am still having a blast with music.

The reason people say the vinyl sounds better is because the music was better.

Sonar Platinum, Intel i7 –2600 CPU @ 3.2 GHz, 16 GB ram, 2x2TB internal drives and 1 1TB internal drive, Radeon HD 5570 video card, HP 25" monitor,
Roland Octa Capture, MOTU Midi Express 128, Win 10 Pro

www.soundcloud.com/Mario_Guitar
vladasyn
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1092
Re: Feature request for Piano Roll: Waveform Composition Tools 2017/05/06 03:31:42 (permalink)
Too bad, Cakewalk can not say they released something revolutionary and game changing.

https://soundcloud.com/vlada-astral 
http://vladasyn.wix.com/astral#
I am a female. Windows 8.1
Custom DAW Intel Core I7 3770K, 16 Gb memory, SSD+ 2 x 2 Gb storage. Presonus StudioLive 24.
  Multiple keyboards and modules, software synths.  
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Feature request for Piano Roll: Waveform Composition Tools 2017/05/06 18:32:47 (permalink)
vladasyn
Too bad, Cakewalk can not say they released something revolutionary and game changing.

Cakewalk is an institution now.  Institutions usually change at a glacial pace. 

Maybe they will release a companion product, or plugin, that is revolutionary!  Like they did back in the day with Project5. 

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1