Helpful ReplyWhat is wrong with people?!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: What is wrong with people?! 2017/05/25 02:57:50 (permalink)
smallstonefan
Well guys, I think Winger is probably the most under-rated band I have ever seen; they knocked my socks off! I didn't realize I was such a closet fan but I knew every word of every song save two of the newer ones. Underneath that poppy-metal sound of the 80s is the heart of a prog-rock band! Kip plays bass and still sings so well. Reb Beach is a legend on lead guitar, but they have a second dedicated guitarist (Donnie Wayne Smith) and the keyboard player alternates between guitar and keys, and when all three played the prog stuff together on guitar it was so freaking amazing - they are all FANTASTIC players. Of course, Kip just was nominated for a Grammy in best contemporary classical album! To top it off Rod Morgenstein on drums - awarded Modern Drummer 's "Best Progressive Rock Drummer" five years (1986-'90). Their live version of Rainbow in the Rose was freaking STUNNING.

And the guys were having FUN. They were laughing and joking and you could just tell they had a chemistry and were grateful to be playing. During Reb's first solo the spotlight guy missed it and Reb was playing in the dark while the light was on Kip. Kip pointed to Rep and walked behind him to get the light on him. You could see Kip and Web comment on it, but they just shrugged their shoulders and smiled - no tantrums or pissy-ness... very classy.

I enjoyed it so much I wanted to nothing to do with seeing Kansas; it would have been a let down. As I was leaving through the back of the arena I saw a guy I am doing some business with his wife. They were pretty much the last seats on the side of arena and watching the show sideways from way back. I wish I could have captured their smile when I gave them my third row tickets and sent them up front! :)

Roger waters is next Friday in Kansas City. My wife and I are going to it - it's the opening show for this tour. Pink Floyd is my favorite band, so I snagged 3rd row for that one too. Man I can't wait!

If I could go back in time, I would have spent all of my money on seeing more bands. :)

Always loved their stuff.   Glad you got to go.  Kip was writing orchestra music recently.  I love these older bands. They are so polished and professional in front of an audience.  Within this decade I got to see Alice Cooper, Journey, Def Lepard, and Poison.  Not one profane word from any of them.  I think they realize most of their audience are grandparents and bring their young grand children. 

There is an outdoor venue down the street but it sucks in a lot of ways.  I wont go there anymore except maybe if Rush is there.  The old guys know how to put on a show. Most of those bands that got their start in the late 70's are at least in their 50's.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1