Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
yorolpal
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13829
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/15 15:12:32 (permalink)
After much convoluted effort...involving...reinstalling KU10...and then only installing the new content from KU11...I seem to be ALMOST home.  Now my only two problems (I think) are that Native Access says that Kontakt Factory Selection and Session Acoustic Guitar ARE installed.  But Win 10 says no...they aren't.  And since there is no way through Native Access to selectively force an uninstall and Win10 doesn't see it...There seems to be no way to uninstall and then reinstall these two libraries.  I'm sure there is probably a "registry" solution of some kind to this so that's my sleuthing for today.  Geeze...it's only been a week since I started trying to simply update to KU11.  It seems like years.

PS:  If anyone knows how to get those two librarys uninstalled or get Native Access to see them as uninstalled...please let me know.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
Jim Roseberry
  • Total Posts : 9871
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/15 15:21:43 (permalink)
I'd delete the associated folders (for those particular libraries)... and go into the registry and delete references to them.
  • HKCU>Software>Native Instruments
  • HKLM>Software>Native Instruments
You should then be able to re-install those libraries.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
smallstonefan
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2724
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/15 15:39:03 (permalink)
Jim Roseberry
I think NI are having "growing pains" dealing with the transition to mostly downloadable products.
If you're downloading a single instrument/library, Native Access is cool.
If you already have the libraries installed... and you just need to install Kontakt and point it to the existing libraries, you are plain SOL. 

I just built a machine for a TV/Film composer in LA... who had 100s of GB of sample libraries.
It took me many hours to copy these libraries over to the new machine and point Kontakt 5 to them and authorize/unlock them.
If I'd been dealing with the current version of Kontakt, it would have taken days longer.

It's a major step backward having to re download/install libraries... when you could just point Kontakt to their current location and authorize.  Hello!?!?  Do these folks actually use their own software?

Wish someone from NI would be at GearFest on the 23rd and 24th.
I'd love to bend their ear on this one...

I felt this pain when I built my Thunderbolt machine. I actually keep backup drives with all of the libraries in their installed state on them. I used to be able to just copy and point - but had to go through the download dance. :/
yorolpal
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/15 16:48:07 (permalink)
Well..I can't delete any folders, either on the drive or in the "program and features" thingy  because Windows doesn't see them.  But I will delete them from the registry and see if that will let me reinstall.  Fingers crossed.

Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/15 18:00:23 (permalink)
I guess I missed a whole bunch of the thread discussion - I kind of picked it up on the wisdom of upgrading from some version of Komplete or Komplete Ultimate, to Komplete 11, or Komplete 11 Ultimate.

My comment on the above is - I already have Komplete 8 Ultimate, and truthfully the only 'new' stuff I would care about would be the upgrade from Battery 3 to Battery 4, and Reaktor 5 to Reaktor 6.  I could really give a rip about the other stuff, as I have that redundantly present from other sample library collections - either for Kontakt, or for Play (EastWest).  And, from what I understand, Battery 4 is slanted more toward electronic and dance, whereas I am an acoustic drum kind of guy.  And, I don't see much difference in the end use of Reaktor 6 - yes it has a bunch of new ways of doing things, but in many years of using Reaktor, i have created precisely ZERO ensembles of my own.

Now - as to another part of the thread, talking about Native Access versus the Service Center - I have installed Komplete 8 Ultimate many times now, as I have migrated to different computers, or loaded up a laptop for mobile use, etc., and I have always done the base install of software from the included external USB 2 hard drive that I got when I bought Komplete 8 Ultimate.  I actually only ever did a full LIBRARY install to my very first desktop, and ever since then, I have migrated the entire library structure by physically connecting either an internal hard drive with the full set of libraries, OR I have connected a USB 3 external backup drive, and done the library loading to a new/different computer that way, as either of the options above is MUCH faster than using the original USB 2 external hard drive the product came on.  I only install the software from that to start with.

I believe I have done the above even since switching to Native Access, and since I could always go into each piece of software and point it to where I had loaded its libraries (all of my NI libraries are on a separate 2 TB 7,200 SATA III HDD, it can activate and authorize with no problems (unless I am blurring when I have done the last couple of installs of everything).

Once I complete the software installs from the base, and connect the dots between each software product and its libraries, then Native Access is great for doing updates/upgrades to whatever needs updating/upgrading.

Any of the free stuff I have gotten from them over the years is kept in my Downloads folder, and easily installed on its own.

So - am I truly missing something with regard to dealing with Native Access?  I MAY well have faulty/blurry recollection on the last computer build, because I honestly don't recall if I had switched to using Native Access before or after doing that build.  IF I did the build and NI installs using the Service Center, then you can ignore most/all of my earlier comments (though likely too late if you read this far - PROFOUND apologies if this is the case).

But even if I DID do my last build using my approach and Service Center, wouldn't my approach work using Native Access in conjunction with my much faster way of getting the libraries loaded?  (just loading software modules from the installation drive Komplete 8 Ultimate came with).

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
yorolpal
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/15 19:53:29 (permalink)
Welp...got the two missing libraries installed and K5 (which is still the K10U version) loads up in both standalone and in Sonar and sees them...BUT...it's "too old" to play them...or any of the new libraries that came with K11U.  AND...if I update K5...it will not open in either standalone mode or in Sonar.  Dern.  I set a "pre-update" restore point so I can get back to where I was but I'm going to try and force an uninstall of K5, delete all references to it in the registry and try again to install from K11U...only this time I'll have it download K5 from NI's site.  Prolly won't work but, you know, I'm a computer masochist.  Flog me, baby!

yorolpal
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/15 21:13:00 (permalink)
Yes it does PA, ol pal.  Not that that helps anything.

Guess what?  No, go on guess...that's right my last try didn't work either.  Plus my restore point didn't work.  BUT...I was able to uninstall K5 completely and then re-install from my K10U drive and can at least work again.  Only without any of the new libraries...for now.  I'm sure eventually either NI will get back with me (ha ha) or come out with a new update that will, you know, actually work.  Until then I'll just look at the pretty graphics of all those new libraries I can't use and dream.

interpolated
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 830
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/15 21:39:26 (permalink)
East West have went that way with their subscription service too. You can still buy the USB hard-drives and so forth however it is recommended that your iLok is up to date which they don't even supply now. Seems to be the way these days.

I have computer stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/sigmadelta
Jim Roseberry
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/16 20:39:51 (permalink)
Native Instruments has to address this issue.
Users need the ability to quickly/easily move/migrate Kontakt libraries.
Especially those working in professional capacity...

The current state of having to re download/install is a massive waste of time/energy/bandwidth.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
yorolpal
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/17 03:51:02 (permalink)
Plus the fact that, at least in some cases, it is just not working at all. And after over a week now, I've still not heard one single word from their tech support. Not a peep.

Jim Roseberry
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/17 13:21:54 (permalink)
I'll be at GearFest next weekend.
If I can find anyone with a solid connection to Native Instruments, I'll bend their ear.  

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
yorolpal
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/18 03:12:45 (permalink)
Thanks Jim...much appreciated!

mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/21 20:21:25 (permalink)
I'm expecting my update to K11Ult this week. Hmmm! What will I do. I suspect some close inspection of what's on The supplied USB drive and what I can just ignore. I already have the latest version of all the plugins except Reaktor.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
sergiosimoes
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 159
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/22 17:52:15 (permalink)
Well... I changed my mind. I'll not upgrade to K11U (or even K11) this time. I already have Reaktor 6 (which would be the main selling point for me ) and K9 has plenty already for me to play with. I decided to invest the money in the small eurorack system I'm building. Maybe next year...

In the beginning there was the "MASCHINE"
the survival and the organization of the planet depend upon the "MASCHINE"
the future and the past depend upon the "MASCHINE"... the past?
but who wanted the "MASCHINE" ?
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Gah why did I bother updating to Komplete Ultimate 11 2017/06/27 13:36:18 (permalink)
Well I finally got my K11 Ult update and used Native access to install it. I tried to run the installer from the disc but got an error saying that Native Access on disc was not as upto date as the one installed. What to do?
Ran Native Access on my PC and it saw all the files on the disc as well as what was already installed. It marked the data required to complete the installation.

No problem. It was clever enough to know that it should look on the install USB disc for a file before downloading it. It downloaded updates when necessary. I left it run overnight unattended. In the morning one file had thrown up an error...just a double click, it installed and all went well.

As far as the actual content I think the Symphony Essentials are quite adequate for fleshing out an arrangement but better than that it gets you into quite a significant price break on the Symphony product. You but several different modules so it's pretty flexible.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1