Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late?

Author
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
2017/07/10 15:12:44 (permalink)

Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late?

Many moons ago there were some issues with Waves plugins specific to Sonar - namely, that some of their GUI's would not play nice. Supertap, for example, had horrible controls which would "spring back" when you set them. Both companies recognized the problem and if I remember rightly, they were in contact with each other to come up with a fix. 

Recently I've been experiencing similar issues with laggy/jerky control knobs, clicks and pops (in their Element 2 synth, even when my overall CPU activity is moderate) and I have just discovered this morning that Sonar has been nuking all of my SSL E-Channel settings back to default in a project. 

So I was wondering if these issues were being experienced by others, if so I would draw it to Cakewalk's attention (and maybe Waves too) so we can see about maybe getting them sorted out. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!

12 Replies Related Threads

Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 337
    Re: Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late? 2017/07/10 15:22:26 (permalink)
    Are you using the VST2 or VST3 versions? Which update of waves are you on?

Lance Riley
    Product Manager
    dcumpian
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4124
    Re: Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late? 2017/07/10 15:23:11 (permalink)
    Other than issues with Waves Central, I have not run into any...

Regards,
    Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
    http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
    Zargg
    • Total Posts : 10666
    Re: Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late? 2017/07/10 15:50:52 (permalink)
    Hi. I have not had any issues with any of the Waves plugins / synths lately. I'm only using the Vst 3 versions.
    All the best.

Ken Nilsen
    Zargg
    BBZ
    Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
    Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

sharke
    Re: Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late? 2017/07/10 16:08:51 (permalink)
    Lance Riley [Cakewalk]
    Are you using the VST2 or VST3 versions? Which update of waves are you on?

The version of Element I'm running is 9.91.0.7 - as far as I know, all of my Waves plugins are up to date (leastways, whenever I install a new one it seems to do a fresh install of all the others). I'm using the VST3 versions. 

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    Tom B
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 107
    Re: Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late? 2017/07/10 23:20:39 (permalink)
    No problems here either (so far).  Just created a quick project with a Waves SSL E Channel on a bus.  The saved plugin settings were the same after restarting SONAR.  I'm running Platinum 2017.05 on Win7, Waves SSL Channel is rev 9.91.0.445, VST3. 

- Tom B.
    See the new Cakewalk by Bandlab Forum - Jan 2019.
    Jesse G
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4282
    Re: Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late? 2017/07/11 02:05:15 (permalink)
    No Problems with any of the Waves Plugin in Sonar Splat as of the 2017/06 update

Peace,
    Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
    ==============================
    Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    sharke
    Re: Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late? 2017/07/11 03:27:44 (permalink)
    Thanks for checking. I had a similar problem with Native Instruments plugins a few years ago wherein Sonar was nuking all of their settings back to the defaults when loading projects. Very few people were reporting the same thing on the forum, but those problems were largely identified by Cakewalk and fixed. I also had a horrible problem for ages with Sonar making all of my Quadcurve EQ's go crazy by enabling 16dB cuts and boosts all over the place - again, very few people experienced it (although a couple of others did). I have a feeling that somewhere along the line, stray MIDI signals are finding their way to plugin parameters. I also have some pretty bad problems with MIDI leakage from time to time, so something is clearly astray MIDI wise. My projects are largely MIDI based and I have a lot of routing going on, so maybe that's why I'm seeing it more than others. 

James
    Grem
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    Re: Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late? 2017/07/11 03:55:06 (permalink)
    James I tried the Element Synth today as a standalone and as a vst. (Man that thing sounds great!)

Did not experience any lag at all. Tried some pads and some arp stuff, played around with the Occilators, LFO, VCA filters all while I was playing it and didn't see any lag.

However, I was working on another project that has Waves H-Delay in it and I couldn't get the mix knob (on the delay) to record any automation using the "W" to write automation. 

Grem

Michael

Music PC
    i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
    Home PC
    AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
    Surface Pro 3
    Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
    Dickie Fredericks
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 373
    Re: Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late? 2017/07/12 22:23:59 (permalink)
    All my Waves plugins show except for the SSL Channels. They are installed and the .dll's are there. I followed the waves instructions for a manual scan and that didnt work either.
    Zargg
    • Total Posts : 10666
    Re: Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late? 2017/07/12 22:31:16 (permalink)
    Dickie Fredericks
    All my Waves plugins show except for the SSL Channels. They are installed and the .dll's are there. I followed the waves instructions for a manual scan and that didnt work either.

Have you made sure that the licence is on your pc, and not in your cloud?
    Perhaps do a Vst re scan?

Ken Nilsen
    Zargg
    BBZ
    Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
    Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

Fabio Rubato
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 500
    Re: Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late? 2017/07/13 22:10:06 (permalink)
    sharke
    Thanks for checking. I had a similar problem with Native Instruments plugins a few years ago wherein Sonar was nuking all of their settings back to the defaults when loading projects. Very few people were reporting the same thing on the forum, but those problems were largely identified by Cakewalk and fixed. I also had a horrible problem for ages with Sonar making all of my Quadcurve EQ's go crazy by enabling 16dB cuts and boosts all over the place - again, very few people experienced it (although a couple of others did). I have a feeling that somewhere along the line, stray MIDI signals are finding their way to plugin parameters. I also have some pretty bad problems with MIDI leakage from time to time, so something is clearly astray MIDI wise. My projects are largely MIDI based and I have a lot of routing going on, so maybe that's why I'm seeing it more than others. 

I want to pick up your experience with Native Instruments and possible midi-leakage. I've been having an issue with Kontact and Maschine on and off, where playing a recorded line from a Kontact instrument and playback of say an expansion pack in Maschine causes altered pitches - approx 1/3rd drop in pitch. More often in Maschine. NI support can't pin it down. They suggested running Midi-Ox to pin down midi messages interfering but on playback, Mid-Ox  did not show any random mid coming through.

All of a sudden when playing back, the line - say a bass line - will drop a 1/3rd. This might occur when altering or moving it in M or attenuating the velocity for example. Got to the point where I can't rely on it and I re-record the line using another VST instrument. Just seem to occur with NI.

Sonar: Platinum, (X3e) - x64 
    PC: Win10 Pro 64;
    Computer: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3; Intel i7, 2600k @ 4.2 (8 Cores); 16 GB Corsair Ram;
    Visual Card: Gigabyte GTX 580;
    Audio Interface: RME UFX;
    Monitors: Adam A77X, Sub8;
    Midi Controllers: Komplete Kontrol S88,  Novation Bass Station 2; NI Maschine Mk 2; 
    Other Hardware: Joe Meek Twin Q Dual Studio Channel;
    Mics: RODE NT2-A, ASTON Spirit 

Latest Song: Lay Down Before the War

sharke
    Re: Anyone seeing issues with Waves plugins of late? 2017/07/14 18:50:33 (permalink)
    Fabio Rubato
    sharke

I want to pick up your experience with Native Instruments and possible midi-leakage. I've been having an issue with Kontact and Maschine on and off, where playing a recorded line from a Kontact instrument and playback of say an expansion pack in Maschine causes altered pitches - approx 1/3rd drop in pitch. More often in Maschine. NI support can't pin it down. They suggested running Midi-Ox to pin down midi messages interfering but on playback, Mid-Ox  did not show any random mid coming through.

All of a sudden when playing back, the line - say a bass line - will drop a 1/3rd. This might occur when altering or moving it in M or attenuating the velocity for example. Got to the point where I can't rely on it and I re-record the line using another VST instrument. Just seem to occur with NI.

Do you ever use "omni" as an input on any of your MIDI tracks? 

James
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1