Selecting a clip selects any overlapping sections

Author
Horsefight
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2017/07/19 07:09:39 (permalink)

Selecting a clip selects any overlapping sections

Hi guys,
Hopefully this is really simple and so am I, but my expected clip selection behaviour is the clip I either click or lasso and nothing else and most of the time that works.  Sometimes though Sonar decides that it should also select any sections of overlapping clips and also move/delete them which is incredibly frustrating, because once it's in that state it's stuck there for good

I can't see any obvious setting to turn this off, any ideas?

Cheers

2 Replies Related Threads

VariousArtist
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1397
    Re: Selecting a clip selects any overlapping sections 2017/07/19 14:48:47 (permalink)
    Sounds similar to these issues:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/m/tm.aspx?m=3556917

http://forum.cakewalk.com/m/tm.aspx?m=3620103

It happened to me that time as the first time I can ever recall it happening, and maybe just once or twice since then. It seems very rare, but yes it can be frustrating when you get stuck in that mode.
    chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: Selecting a clip selects any overlapping sections 2017/07/19 15:17:07 (permalink)
    Its hard for Sonar to guess what we want, to combat this I typically use good housekeeping habits.
    these (in most cases) will also work for you.

-Bounce to clips:
    I can not stress how important it is to use the Bounce to clips function when editing, , splitting and moving clips.
    Lasso the whole selection and choose Bounce to clips. I used to have the button in my custom module (Now I have it mapped to a foot switch) because its something I use 100+ times per project. It is essentially healing your clips, so if you have slip edit data you want to keep, this isn't for you.

Once you heal/Bounce to clips the selection, use the split function (Split=S) to split the clip.
    Now you can freely move this clip without worry.

Is this an extra added step, a pain in the rear ? Not really, I consider it part of my work flow.
    Its part of the process.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1