Helpful ReplyYou know you're getting old when...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
craigb
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: You know you're getting old when... 2017/10/20 16:44:29 (permalink)
Yes, we range in age from how old Strummy and da Beepster act to how ancient people think Bapu is! 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
DrLumen
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 621
Re: You know you're getting old when... 2017/10/20 17:17:08 (permalink)
jamesg1213
JohnKenn
Was thinking about the passage of time and how we perceive it. Ever notice how the longer you go thru time, the faster it passes. 

Yes. Someone put it like this to me a while ago - ''When you're 10, a year is a 1/10th of your whole life experience, so it seems endless. When you're 50, a year has become a tiny fraction of your life''

I think Larry Alexander is the oldest forum member, he's in his 80s. I suspect the average age around here would be about 45, maybe even older. I don't think many young 'uns bother with internet forums.

I'm 57 btw.

There was as study by some university that concluded that we perceive time to go faster as we get older. Perhaps they were implying your ratios without saying it.

A couple of examples I have heard is like when you are in an accident and everything goes into a slow motion. It is because the brain is hyperactive at those times. Also, if you go down a new road, it seems to take longer the first time as you are taking in all the sights laying down many new memories. After the 2nd or 3rd time down that same road it tends to pass more quickly. I think as we get older there is less that is new to us and so there are less remembered milestones.

I know it seemed to take forever before I got my drivers license and then to get out of school. I guess there is something to be said about anticipation. I'm not really anticipating social security.

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Sonar Platinum / Intel i7-4790K / AsRock Z97 / 32GB RAM / Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / Behringer FCA610 / M-Audio Sport 2x4 / Win7 x64 Pro / WDC Black HDD's / EVO 850 SSD's / Alesis Q88 / Boss DS-330 / Korg nanoKontrol / Novation Launch Control / 14.5" Lava Lamp
Zargg
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: You know you're getting old when... 2017/10/20 21:37:47 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz

When I was young the Code Word for hot chicks on a beach was Snapper

Kenny

I celebrated X-Mas and New Years in LA during Y2K.
They had a totally different meaning for a "Snapper" For them, it was related to the inhalation of herbal remains 

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

JohnKenn
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1659
Re: You know you're getting old when... 2017/10/23 02:56:35 (permalink)
DrLumen,
Another piece of the puzzle. Trying to make sense of the shift in our awareness across the ravages of time.
John
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: You know you're getting old when... 2017/10/24 10:54:43 (permalink)
You know you are really getting old when you come here to the Coffee House and most of the threads here remind you of a place called Horn & Hardart .....an automated coin operated restaurant

At least at Horn & Hardart they used to take the stale and unsold food inventory out and put fresh stuff in

I wish the same could be said here ...
As Far as I'm concerned The Coffee House is starting to SUCK BIG TIME ...

Some of you guys that think your clever a$$clowns need to understand something very important ....
This place has always been full of clever a$$clowns long before you decided to show up here and strut your special brand of insanity
The main difference was and has always been the clever a$$clowns that were here first always put out very decent music while using SONAR and contributed to the community in various capacities that offset the insanity they brought here into the Coffee House with the wreckage of their presence 

What that means in plain simple English is this ...if you are not putting out tunes and music , or if your not contributing around here by hipping people to new hip and cool music or other music production skills ...

WTF are you doing here ? .....Do I have to spell it out to you and mention names ? ....

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

synkrotron
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5263
Re: You know you're getting old when... 2017/10/24 11:12:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby paulo 2017/10/24 19:42:30
kennywtelejazzDo I have to spell it out to you and mention names ? ....

Okay, yeah, should be fun

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
Zargg
Re: You know you're getting old when... 2017/10/24 11:21:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby synkrotron 2017/10/24 11:28:41
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

Indeed a sign of getting old 

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

kennywtelejazz
Re: You know you're getting old when... 2017/10/24 13:58:00 (permalink)
Zargg
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

Nice try there Sport ....but No that is BS dude .

You are here only 3 years as opposed to my 12 ....

In the past Coffee House threads were not drunk sounding baby talk driblets or all the self grandstanding acting like you were important as a legend in your own mind  BS like one member here likes to force down peoples throats ...
BTW...those 2 guys need get a flipping room fa away from here

This was the place to discuss $hit that happened to you in your real life ( that happens sometimes )
Bands or tunes you wanted to hip other people to , guitars ,guitar players , music ,tools , toys wimenz ,  Popular music and not so popular music...
Local stuff to the member , personal stuff also as per the member thread starter ...family stuff ....w children  w exs what ever .....getting a job loosing a job ...making money ..being broke ..stuff that happened , getting old loosing a loved one ....not effing psycho babel like  drunk sounding baby talk driblets or all the BS self grandstanding acting like you were important as a legend in your own mind  BS like a long time  member here likes to force down peoples throats ...

Have I made myself clear ? just as clear as you leaving out the "all the best part" in your quoted  post ?
Trust me dude from my end that omission is also mutual

As far as getting Old goes here's a little ammo just for you my Friend
I can't stand Death Metal .....it sounds like poorly done cartoon music

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

synkrotron
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5263
Re: You know you're getting old when... 2017/10/24 14:06:54 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz

Handbags at twenty paces please...

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
Zargg
Re: You know you're getting old when... 2017/10/24 17:41:24 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
Zargg
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

In the past Coffee House threads were not drunk sounding baby talk driblets or all the self grandstanding acting like you were important as a legend in your own mind  BS like one member here likes to force down peoples throats ...

This was the place to discuss $hit that happened to you in your real life ( that happens sometimes )
Bands or tunes you wanted to hip other people to , guitars ,guitar players , music ,tools , toys wimenz ,  Popular music and not so popular music...
Local stuff to the member , personal stuff also as per the member thread starter ...family stuff ....w children  w exs what ever .....getting a job loosing a job ...making money ..being broke ..stuff that happened , getting old loosing a loved one ....not effing psycho babel like  drunk sounding baby talk driblets or all the BS self grandstanding acting like you were important as a legend in your own mind  BS like a long time  member here likes to force down peoples throats ...

Have I made myself clear ? just as clear as you leaving out the "all the best part" in your quoted  post ?

Kenny

I left a smiley after my post to show I was kidding, Kenny.. 
I know I'm just a newbie, compared to many of you here.
Doesn't stop me from posting nonsense here, though. Why should it?

I'll stop quoting you using any  (from my side) humour from now on, as I see that it's not received with humour.
You use the forum your way, and I'll use it my way 

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ

craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: You know you're getting old when... 2017/10/24 18:22:52 (permalink)
I wonder how long I've really been here...  This is my second account, couldn't access the original after I dumped the old email address.

I'm also patiently waiting to get my latest guitar by the end of the year (at least that's when it's promised by).  I began saving for other gear early this month, then had to spend all of it (and a bit more) repairing my old car... 

I need to create some new tunes.  I can't keep posting THIS and THIS! 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
kennywtelejazz
Re: You know you're getting old when... 2017/10/24 22:21:24 (permalink)
Zargg
kennywtelejazz
Zargg
kennywtelejazz

Kenny

Kenny

I left a smiley after my post to show I was kidding, Kenny.. 
I know I'm just a newbie, compared to many of you here.
Doesn't stop me from posting nonsense here, though. Why should it?

I'll stop quoting you using any  (from my side) humour from now on, as I see that it's not received with humour.
You use the forum your way, and I'll use it my way 

OK Ken , I left a smiley after mine too .
First off just so you know I don't believe in rank ...meaning how long someone has been here ...or post counts ...
When given the choice I would rather participate and interact with a person who has a level of passion when it comes to their life and  music .

Ken let me state from this point on I am speaking in general terms ...

Plenty of people that have lower post counts and membership time have contributed in ways I am grateful for ...in many cases they have hipped me to elements and topics of music , humor , life and other topics in a way where I have personally been enriched simply due to the fact that they are a different person than myself  and they have been and done things in Life I have not .... 

I'm also not here to judge a persons value ...IMHO , that is up to the individual person to bring or to add value. That can be clearly seen and determined  by the fruits a poster has brought into the discussion or thread .....

As clearly indicated here at the Coffee House time after time ..
One mans mental garbage and psycho babble may be another mans treasure  fine I get that 

I like to have fun and get crazy as much as the next guy up unto a Point .

For the life of me I simply can not understand something at the moment ...
When I dial up the Coffee House my lap top shows 47 currently active topics on page one ....
Out of those 47 topics (IMHO ) less than 20 threads have some semblance of rationality and mental cohesiveness in the participation level of the thread participants & posters .... 
The other 27 +  or - topics here resemble little more than a Poo fight between mentally challenged infants ...
I am stating for the record that I'm not cool with that
Now once again , some of you people can do and say what ever it is you want .Although I'm a strong believer in Live and let Live  I'm not gonna co sign  Bull $hit for the sake of fitting in around here  .
You want to trash this place ? go right ahead give it your best shot if you haven't already ....
Just remember this one little thing as you go about your little game of crazy making .
You came to a place here I used to call home .
I would rather be banned for life smacking your silly a$$ up and down this section of the forum as long as I can before you trash this place any worse that what it has already become ...

You want to see me go ?

#notwithoutafight

Kenny

post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2017/10/25 00:07:13

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1