Can't make Frozen Plain's Obelisk VST work in Sonar

Author
TigerTheFrog
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 42
2017/11/01 17:54:52 (permalink)

Can't make Frozen Plain's Obelisk VST work in Sonar

FrozenPlain offers a demo of Obelisk, their MIDI Chord Builder VST.   
http://frozenplain.com/products/obelisk/

FrozenPlain has instructions for how to make it work in a few other DAWs, but their instructions don't work for me.
http://frozenplain.com/pr.../obelisk/instructions/

So I tried a few things. 

First I put the dll files in my normal folder for VSTs, and was able to add it to an instrument track.  But I couldn't make it work. 

Then I thought, maybe it would be better to try it on a MIDI track.  I put the dll files in the folder where the Sonar MIDI effects are stored.  This time Obelisk didn't even turn up as a MIDI effect in Sonar. 

Anybody have a suggestion for how to set this up in Sonar?

Thanks! 

3 Replies Related Threads

owntheweb
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re: Can't make Frozen Plain's Obelisk VST work in Sonar 2018/02/18 00:44:13 (permalink)
    I just ran into this and sent an email to the developer. Any luck on your end?

Worlds to explore. Worlds to create.
    Blog | Twitter
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Can't make Frozen Plain's Obelisk VST work in Sonar 2018/02/18 01:06:15 (permalink)
    The plug-in is a VSTi so it needs to be installed where all the other VST plug-ins are on your system. After scanning the plug-in, check out this post on how to use it in a project. While the example uses a different plug-in, the setup is similar.
    TigerTheFrog
    • Total Posts : 42
    Re: Can't make Frozen Plain's Obelisk VST work in Sonar 2018/02/18 18:23:29 (permalink)
    owntheweb
    I just ran into this and sent an email to the developer. Any luck on your end?

Somebody did show me how to do it, but it's a non-issue for me now, because I have moved on to Cubase.  
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1