What iOS app are you using to control SONAR?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
tlw
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: What iOS app are you using to control SONAR? 2018/05/22 02:29:14 (permalink)
Logic Remote is still current. Last update was 6 months ago but there’s not been sufficient changes to Logic Pro since then to need a more recent update.

It has to be said it’s the easiest remote DAW controller to use I’ve come across (despite the negative and strangely repetitive app store reviews from people who claim they can’t get it to work), though I guess it should be straighforward seeing that it’s an Apple application for controlling Apple’s DAW running on a Mac.

Presonus seem to put out updates at around the same frequency.

Dedicated DAW controllers that work properly really only need updating when the relevant DAW changes enough to affect what they do.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
amiller
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 876
Re: What iOS app are you using to control SONAR? 2018/05/22 03:42:23 (permalink)
‘Sorry, I guess I should have been clearer. I’m inquiring specifically about Sonar remote control via iOS.

RAWK!!!

. SONAR Platinum: 2017.10
System specs:
Purrrfect Audio:
http://www.studiocat.com/open_cart/ 
• Case Silent Mid Tower
• Power-Supply 600w quiet
• Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz
• RAM 32GB DDR3/1600
• OS drive 1TB HD
• Audio drive 2TB HD
• Samples drive 1 3TB HD
• Burner 24x DVD/RW
• Video HD4600
• Add TI chipset Firewire For all others
• Operating System Windows 10 x64 Home Edition
. MOTU 828 mkII
. Lucid 9624 A/D
. Millennia HV-3b pre
. Dual 24" Widescreen Monitors
Vibes
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: What iOS app are you using to control SONAR? 2018/06/27 00:15:42 (permalink)
I was about to buy a router and use the DAW midi control on my Allen & Heath QU-16 with my ipad2 but reading through the forum I saw folks were still using their Tranzport with win10 64bit. When I updated to Win7 a few years ago I could never get my Tranzport to work. I could see it in the midi controller surface but when I pressed a button a midi note would play. So upon upgrading my computer a couple weeks ago , going 64bit and the new Cakewalk Bandlab, I tried installing the latest drivers I could find on Tranzport site and followed the instructions of putting the .dll in the control surface folder,"which I didn't do with win7, probably why it didn't work correctly," and also editing it to 64 like the instructions on the site. Could see it plainly in my control surface view. Would not work at first but changed the little icon back and forth on the little Tranzport icon on right bottom of the the screen , and lo and behold, works perfectly. I love this little hardware controller. I can arm and disarm tracks to stack vocals, and being a drummer and sometime session leader , can mount it on it's mic holder right next to me . I was about to give up on it ,but really , really thrilled it is working again.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1