Helpful ReplyLockedPraise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Praise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton 2018/01/11 20:00:00 (permalink)
pwalpwal
melmyers
My sadness at the discontinuation of Sonar is only partially due to the loss of futher development of the program. Mainly, I'll miss the thoughtful suggestions, solutions and input from Craig and Noel. They helped give Sonar a soul.

then you should check studio one, craig is already churning out tips over there

Thanks for the mention. I'm also doing a Friday's Tip of the Week on more general topics, including some that involve Sonar, at craiganderton.com. And, I'm still writing the Sonar column for Sound on Sound magazine. I'll also be launching quite a few books in 2018 in conjunction with Hal Leonard...not being with Gibson has freed up a lot of my time, to say the least 

You can't get rid of me that easily!!!

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
CakeAlexSHere
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 577
Re: Praise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton 2018/01/11 20:10:00 (permalink)
I feel like I'm in a commercial within an episode of The Truman Show... Time to escape.
dprvulov
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: Praise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton 2018/01/15 19:03:21 (permalink)
I fully agree. Have been an avid Sonar user since Sonar v1 (previously I tried out cakewalk pro audio sometime in the 90ies) and always found the cakewalk/Sonar communitiy and the guys from Cakewalk to be extremely helpful. So, in the early 2000s there was a particular guy from the Cakawalk team whose name I don't remember but he used a Dilbert cartoon as his avatar. Was extremely knowedgable and was one of the "brains" behind Sonar programme code (I believe); I remember forum users posting some issues at the forum and he chiming in, dropping some serious knowledge. What again was his name?
I was sad to learn that he left Cakewalk in order to do some music programming stuff in the games industry.

(By the way, in case you wonder: I frequented the Cakewalk forums quite a bit until the mid 2000s then had a very long hiatus and just recently re-discovered my old love for making music. Had to get a new username because my old email address was not valid any more an couldn't access my old account).
jb101
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: Praise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton 2018/01/16 01:05:15 (permalink)
CakeAlexSHere
I feel like I'm in a commercial within an episode of The Truman Show... Time to escape.

Been away for a bit due to family health issues, but I just had to ask..

Why would you post in a thread with this title, seeing as your opinions are so well known?

Sonar Platinum
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Praise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton 2018/01/16 22:39:50 (permalink)
jb101
CakeAlexSHere

Been away for a bit due to family health issues, but I just had to ask..

Why would you post in a thread with this title, seeing as your opinions are so well known?

Hey, at least he has a hobby.

He probably didn't see what I quoted, which is what caused me to respond. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
pmj_rit
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Praise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton 2018/01/28 18:29:46 (permalink)
I am struggling to find an appropriate place to post this, since the original announcement thread is closed now. 

Has anyone thought of / did anyone think of an employee buy out?  Is it too late for that? 

Best regards, Paul R.

Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly / Man got to sit and wonder 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land, / Man got to tell himself he understand.
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Praise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton 2018/01/29 03:45:07 (permalink)
dprvulov
I fully agree. Have been an avid Sonar user since Sonar v1 (previously I tried out cakewalk pro audio sometime in the 90ies) and always found the cakewalk/Sonar communitiy and the guys from Cakewalk to be extremely helpful. So, in the early 2000s there was a particular guy from the Cakawalk team whose name I don't remember but he used a Dilbert cartoon as his avatar. Was extremely knowedgable and was one of the "brains" behind Sonar programme code (I believe); I remember forum users posting some issues at the forum and he chiming in, dropping some serious knowledge. What again was his name?
I was sad to learn that he left Cakewalk in order to do some music programming stuff in the games industry.

(By the way, in case you wonder: I frequented the Cakewalk forums quite a bit until the mid 2000s then had a very long hiatus and just recently re-discovered my old love for making music. Had to get a new username because my old email address was not valid any more an couldn't access my old account).

Sounds like you’re talking about Ron Kuper who was the CTO before Noel. One of the most knowledgeable programmers out there. Was a sad day when he left. He’s been on line here a few times since this debacle started and commented how he would be eager to get involved in any open source Sonar project that may happen.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Praise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton 2018/01/29 04:03:33 (permalink)
CakeAlexSHere

Time to escape.......seems to imply you’re a captive here. I’m truly distressed by your plight. I can’t imagine anyone here wanting to imprison you (or anyone for that matter) and stop you from “escaping”. BUT, if it is true that you’re here against your will let me know and I’m sure I could find enough people to help me, help you to escape your captors and get out of here.

I know I’d hate to be forcibly kept on any forum.

That’s the thing I like about this forum. There’s always a helpful soul to help a fellow forum member.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Praise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton 2018/01/29 05:08:30 (permalink)
mudgel
dprvulov

Sounds like you’re talking about Ron Kuper who was the CTO before Noel. One of the most knowledgeable programmers out there. Was a sad day when he left. He’s been on line here a few times since this debacle started and commented how he would be eager to get involved in any open source Sonar project that may happen.

Apparently he now works for Sonos, the home audio brand. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Praise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton 2018/01/29 11:33:25 (permalink)
mudgel
CakeAlexSHere

Time to escape.......seems to imply you’re a captive here. I’m truly distressed by your plight. I can’t imagine anyone here wanting to imprison you (or anyone for that matter) and stop you from “escaping”. BUT, if it is true that you’re here against your will let me know and I’m sure I could find enough people to help me, help you to escape your captors and get out of here.

I know I’d hate to be forcibly kept on any forum.

That’s the thing I like about this forum. There’s always a helpful soul to help a fellow forum member.

i think he's just off the meds

just a sec

CakeAlexSHere
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 577
Re: Praise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton 2018/01/29 12:55:20 (permalink)
^ You took 3 weeks to make that comment. I could make a really obvious "medication" joke about that but I'm kind of bored and would not want to patronise the reader into thinking it was funny or good sarcasm.

Nothing ever changes!

Anyway..
We love you Craig!!
Praise Craig!!
post edited by CakeAlexSHere - 2018/01/29 17:26:27
Elffin
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1196
Re: Praise for Noel Borthwick and Craig Anderton 2018/01/29 19:52:01 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby CakeAlexSHere 2018/01/29 23:34:27
sorry! wrong post!

Website | SoundCloud
DAW: SONAR Platinum  Audio I/OMOTU Ultralite mk3
Memory: 16gb Video: AMD 5700 HD
Storage: 1 x WD Caviar blue 500mb, 2 x 2TB Seagate Barricudas
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1