AnsweredHome Studio: How To Insert Style Dials? Resolved

Author
jimfogle
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 463
2018/01/09 03:33:22 (permalink)

Home Studio: How To Insert Style Dials? Resolved

Hi,

My computer is a Dell laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 with up-to-date SP1 security patches.   I'm using the demo project, Happy Go Lucky, to mess with while I learn my way around Home Studio V23.9.0 build 32.  The program status is valid until 12/08/2018 and the status is owned.  This is likely the first of many questions.

I'm trying to find and load any of the eight style dials by following the direction available in local documentation.  In the Track view, I select track 10, Piano Lead.  Using the Inspector view I have Mix Strip, MSR, Pan & Volume displayed.  I click on the Mix Strip button at the top of Inspector to expand that view.  At the top the preset window says untitled and the ON/OFF button is on.  The EQ is below the empty Mix Strip and the EQ button is on.  When audio is playing I can see an activity light flutter next to the EQ button.  The track number and name is at the bottom of the Inspector view.

When I click on the MixStrip add module button all I get is a small window that says Empty.  If I right click in an empty area of the MixStrip a sub menu displays but the choices Insert module, replace module and remove module are grayed out and unresponsive.  If I hover over the preset name window, load preset and save preset icons becomes visible but clicking on the load preset icon there are no presets in any of the sub folders.

Any suggestions of what is going on or what I can try next?

post edited by jimfogle - 2018/01/10 01:33:27

Jim F
Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB)
Sonar Home Studio V23.9.0 build 32
Music Creator 6
Band-in-a-Box, Audacity, ChordPulse
Win 7, i3 cpu, 8Gig ram, 480 Gig Dell Laptop
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

Cactus Music
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Home Studio: How To Insert Style Dials? 2018/01/09 05:41:49 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jimfogle 2018/01/09 20:17:43
Hey did you see you can get HOme Studio for free. It end tonight look in the Deals forum I say this as you are saying your's is only good for a year? that seems odd it's $49 to buy forever. 
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Sonar-Home-studio-Giveaway-m3718858.aspx

ANyhow I'm not sure but you realize there is no ProChannel in HS. And I'm pretty sure style dials are a pro channel item. There is no documentation for HS, so your stuck with reading the help for SPlat. YOu have to sort out what is missing on your own. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Home Studio: How To Insert Style Dials? 2018/01/09 12:14:04 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby jimfogle 2018/01/09 20:17:30
Style Dials were introduced with SONAR Artist along with the MixStrip. The MixStrip has a simplified ProChannel that only works with Style Dials. MC7, SONAR Home Studio and Artist have a MixStrip. Later Style Dials were added to SONAR Professional and Platinum.

I have no idea what is included with the free SHS but would expect it to be the full version. If the Style Dials do not show up, either they are not installed or did not scan correctly. The default location for the dlls is "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal." Assuming they install the same as the rest of the SONAR line, there is folder in that path starting with "St" for each dial. If these folders are present, try running the VST scanner or a VST reset. The "Shared Utilities\Internal" path is silently added to the scan path so, do not expect to see it in preferences. I believe the path does show up in the Plug-in Manager but the Style Dials are intentionally excluded from the plug-in lists in the Plug-in Manager.
jimfogle
Re: Home Studio: How To Insert Style Dials? 2018/01/09 21:50:20 (permalink)
Scook,
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\ has the sub folders StBoost, StPX64, StTL64 and StVX64.  The Internal sub folder also has PC-GlossEQM.dll and Saturation Knob.dll.  The path does show up in the Plug-in Manager but does not show up in preferences as you suspected.  I performed a VST reset and manual scan in preferences but continue to get the "empty" response when I click on the add module (+) button.  Also since the program was first installed I have not changed my preferences so a VST scan is automatically performed during start up.

Catus Music (Johnny),
I'm pretty sure there are not multiple versions of Home Studio except for the original executable file and the October, 2017 update.  The local documentation reference manual indicates Sonar Artist has two versions (original + Steam) but does not show multiples for Platinum, Pro or Home Studio.  Johnny, since you have both paid and "free" downloads perhaps you can verify if they are both the same.  As I indicated in my initial post, I am using V23.9.0 build 32.  The executable file title is Sonar_Setup_23.9.0.32.exe.

Jim F
Music Creator 6

Cactus Music
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Home Studio: How To Insert Style Dials? 2018/01/09 23:07:52 (permalink)
My Bad, This is new to the October update and I had not updated my version on the computer I used.  I see now on the new version there is a change and these are included now. It's like a simplified Pro Channel. So I'm on the free version and it's all there on mine. It's called mix strip and you open that and right click in the blank space and choose "insert module" Wow this is the one thing I missed in Home Studio and now it's there! I've gotta go play with this now.. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

jimfogle
Re: Home Studio: How To Insert Style Dials? 2018/01/10 01:32:37 (permalink)
Follow Up:
I uninstalled Sonar Home Studio x64 then installed SHS x32.  All style dials are available.  I'm going to consider this thread resolved.

Jim F
Music Creator 6

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1