Kashmir New vox and remixed (much cleaner)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
pluto
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 875
RE: Kashmir New vox and remixed (much cleaner) 2005/02/16 03:16:48 (permalink)
and that is why I have kind of sh!tty recordings most of the time.

Mark, your recordings are far from being sh!tty. I look
forward to your song postings and production, and I'm
sure others do too. A lot of your stuff is excellent quality
and you're just trying to enhance it to make it sound even
better by taking advice from others. I'm not sugarcoating
here either. Hang in there and believe in yourself. Now
go write the next #1 hit...lol.

pluto
m11
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 417
RE: Kashmir New vox and remixed (much cleaner) 2005/02/16 07:54:43 (permalink)
Hi Mark,

I want to add some things to my last post.

- I don't always check mixes with the analyzer. The truth is, I use it very rarely. I trust my ears. But if they give me a hint I'll check it with the analyzer. So don't do all your mixes staring at the analyzer now. Use it just as another tool when you have mixing problems, or you think you're ready to confirm your work.

- The screenshots I posted are extreme examples. I had to make a couple of screenshots to get it. That means it's not as bad as it probably looks.

- You're a very good musician and you get decent recordings. Many musicians I know are very stupid or dumb when it comes to recording, mixing or composing.

- I'm everything but a pro! So don't overvalue my posts. I just try to help, and if some of my posts sound some kind of rude, it is just my opinion that phrases like "You did it yourself? Wow great" won't really help.

Greets, and have fun!
Melf
post edited by m11 - 2005/02/16 08:05:39
6stringsat100mph
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1385
RE: Kashmir New vox and remixed (much cleaner) 2005/02/16 22:36:51 (permalink)
Hey Melf,
I think that this has gone in a direction that it should not have. First of all I have not been offended by any of your comments on any song. If I seemed that way I want to aplogize. I very much appreciate any and all the assistance offered here in the songs forum. For what its worth I think I do a pretty decent job by and large considering how little I really know in the technical area. I am very happy also with how quickly I have gotten better at getting the sound I was shooting for. So I am not "down" on myself or my ability.
I suppose I just thought I should be a bit more open and clear as to what my real experience level was and is.
No worries my friend I hope you wont ever stop helping and encouraging.

Pluto....You are a good guy and I sure do appreciate all your encouragment. I always look forward to your posts...thanks....

All the best
Mark
6stringsat100mph
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1385
RE: Kashmir New vox and remixed (much cleaner) 2005/02/18 15:05:04 (permalink)
Pluto...In regard to your question about using the original as a vocal guide the answer is No. I have heard the song so many times through the years and I guess it is burnt into my brain. However actually there are alot of deviations if you were to listen to them both back to back you would see.
Thanks as always though.
Mark
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1