Helpful ReplyThe Pain Of Love - new song (new mix 4/26)

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
SupaReels Music
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 370
Re: q? 2018/06/04 10:55:48 (permalink)
Sorry about that mate, just thought when I read my comments again I thought you may have found them a bit negative (not the intension).
So just to reiterate the basic, my feeling is that this is most probably your best bit of work and that I've been following its progress from the start, because it's a good 'en. I still have that problem with the sax as it plays such a big roll throughout the song, and I would imagine, untold hours getting it right. Your vocal (as said) really suits the mood but I feel (and this was the negative bit? maybe) it needs a real sax to ignite your vocal .. see, and that's why I took my comment down.
I hope that this song somehow brings in that silver bullet 'cause I like it a lot.
Just for the record though, the reason I've taken my own songs down is that I'm using  Steinberg's Cubase 9.5 Pro in place of my good old Sonar Platinum, I feel a bit of a fraud to keep them hear on the Cakewalk Community page. 
Added to the blurb above, I believe mixing and leveling from the start, using very little EQ makes a far better end result every time (as said in your last comment) but like you it's all fail and error till the fat lady sings!
All the best to you in the future
Regards Steve

post edited by SupaReels Music - 2018/06/05 08:37:31
Lynn
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6117
Re: q? 2018/06/05 00:41:09 (permalink)
Steve, thanks for taking the time to respond.  I agree that a real sax would take this to the next level.  To use a cooking analogy; it's like the difference between using a real vanilla bean when making ice cream, or using artificial vanilla extract.  You can approximate the flavor of vanilla ice cream using an artificial extract, but the real vanilla bean can't be beat.  I know where I can buy real vanilla beans, but I don't know a sax player, personally, who can play this part.

Actually, I spent about 4 hours just noodling with MidiGuitar 2, learning how it tracks, and about 2 hours recording and writing the part at the same time.  Sax solos are often patterned after guitar solos, so I tried to think like a sax player and went for it.  When I use MG2 next, I'll try to go in a different direction with it rather than be imitative.  (though it does sound good with a nice flute sample)

All the best,
Lynn

my songs
www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
SupaReels Music
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 370
Re: q? 2018/06/05 22:45:12 (permalink)
Right! ... 'round yours for ice cream then !

But point taken, we all want something we can't get and I'm no exception. I once had a post from Ruti Celli regarding one of my songs on SoundCloud, she felt a jazz drummer would make the song great. not easy with a room full of gear with empty pockets ... but one day ... maybe ...so I took the compliment and kept it on my memory shelf of good stuff.
Stay loose mate
Regards
Steve
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1