Helpful ReplyRISE

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
MarkusClinus
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 710
Re: RISE 2018/05/29 00:59:53 (permalink)
Great song - love it.

Mark
(formerly CLEAN)
THE PUGTONES

CSW
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 156
Re: RISE 2018/05/31 22:35:16 (permalink)
MarkusClinus
Great song - love it.

Thanks Markus

Craig
mississippi
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: RISE 2018/06/05 13:07:43 (permalink)
Wayfarer
Amen. The people I fear most are those who don't understand that one political party is just as corrupt as the other regardless of ideology. I'm pretty conservative, but I'd be a liar and a fool if I said our leaders weren't on average a bunch of self serving people. Slime always has a way of rising to the top in every political system and party unfortunately. When was the last time you saw someone run for president that you looked at and said to yourself, "There's someone who really should be president." The only person in my lifetime I think that might have been true for was Eisenhower, but I was just a baby. 

Look at the tyranny of party -- at what is called party allegiance, party loyalty -- a snare invented by designing men for selfish purposes -- and which turns voters into chattles, slaves, rabbits, and all the while their masters, and they themselves are shouting rubbish about liberty, independence, freedom of opinion, freedom of speech, honestly unconscious of the fantastic contradiction; and forgetting or ignoring that their fathers and the churches shouted the same blasphemies a generation earlier when they were closing their doors against the hunted slave, beating his handful of humane defenders with Bible texts and billies, and pocketing the insults and licking the shoes of his Southern master. *Samuel Langhorne Clemens*

CSW
Re: RISE 2018/06/05 22:48:20 (permalink)
mississippi

Look at the tyranny of party -- at what is called party allegiance, party loyalty -- a snare invented by designing men for selfish purposes -- and which turns voters into chattles, slaves, rabbits, and all the while their masters, and they themselves are shouting rubbish about liberty, independence, freedom of opinion, freedom of speech, honestly unconscious of the fantastic contradiction; and forgetting or ignoring that their fathers and the churches shouted the same blasphemies a generation earlier when they were closing their doors against the hunted slave, beating his handful of humane defenders with Bible texts and billies, and pocketing the insults and licking the shoes of his Southern master. *Samuel Langhorne Clemens*

Tribe behavior is hard coded in our DNA.
So few people are as enlightened as Mr. Clemens.

Craig

SupaReels Music
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 370
Re: RISE 2018/06/06 11:47:15 (permalink)
I really liked the mix and song and thought nothing of the lyric, because it works with the point of the writer (You). For my gem of wisdom, when you get tired of remembering where you were supposed to be with a song put it away for a few weeks do something else, then listen to it with a fresh approach. (fantastic vocal btw)
Steve  
Wayfarer
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 831
Re: RISE 2018/06/07 15:09:34 (permalink)
mississippi

Yes, Clemens, Will Rogers, and hundreds of other great thinkers have always warned of the evil nature of politics. Socrates, on the other hand, said that the highest philosophy man could attain was that of the political art, and as thanks he was accused of poisoning the minds of the youth and killed. Good men like Ike have always been ineffective in democratic politics simply because the evil people in this world outnumber the good by a wide margin and always have. Good men must rule by absolute power and force if they're to rule at all, and that seldom happens anymore. Few dictators have been good monarchs. Basically, the world is screwed.
dougk1824
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 272
Re: RISE 2018/06/07 15:48:51 (permalink)
A political song - you might have some luck with it if you send it to the right places.
CSW
Re: RISE 2018/06/07 22:57:54 (permalink)
SupaReels Music
I really liked the mix and song and thought nothing of the lyric, because it works with the point of the writer (You). For my gem of wisdom, when you get tired of remembering where you were supposed to be with a song put it away for a few weeks do something else, then listen to it with a fresh approach. (fantastic vocal btw)
Steve  

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the comments and advice.
CSW
Re: RISE 2018/06/07 23:02:45 (permalink)
Wayfarer
mississippi

Yes, Clemens, Will Rogers, and hundreds of other great thinkers have always warned of the evil nature of politics. Socrates, on the other hand, said that the highest philosophy man could attain was that of the political art, and as thanks he was accused of poisoning the minds of the youth and killed. Good men like Ike have always been ineffective in democratic politics simply because the evil people in this world outnumber the good by a wide margin and always have. Good men must rule by absolute power and force if they're to rule at all, and that seldom happens anymore. Few dictators have been good monarchs. Basically, the world is screwed.

So true,

To make deep profound observations with no action behind them is pretty much useless against tyranny and oppression.
I think when the comfort level reaches miserable people usually start to do something about the situation they are in.
The western world is asleep at the wheel right now.....IMO but it's getting a little better. I hope it's not just a blip on the way down.

Craig
CSW
Re: RISE 2018/06/07 23:04:43 (permalink)
dougk1824
A political song - you might have some luck with it if you send it to the right places.

Tell me where to send it please
Unfortunate my style of writing is not what is popular..... over the last 30 yrs!
Wayfarer
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 831
Re: RISE 2018/06/07 23:43:07 (permalink)
CSW
dougk1824

Tell me where to send it please
Unfortunate my style of writing is not what is popular..... over the last 30 yrs!

Google "Taxi".
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: RISE 2018/06/18 20:09:41 (permalink)
I'm not big on politics in music so I just listened...   Great song!   The music was solid and well arranged, but for me the vocals were just standing out - at times I was getting a Tommy Shaw vibe.   Geez, I wish I could sing remotely like that.  

The only nit I would have is that the overall mix did seem a bit squashed, but with quality material it's not all that relevant.

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

CSW
Re: RISE 2018/06/21 00:24:05 (permalink)
stevec
I'm not big on politics in music so I just listened...   Great song!   The music was solid and well arranged, but for me the vocals were just standing out - at times I was getting a Tommy Shaw vibe.   Geez, I wish I could sing remotely like that.  

The only nit I would have is that the overall mix did seem a bit squashed, but with quality material it's not all that relevant.

Steve,
That means alot to me coming from you. Thanks for the encouragement.
Craig
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1