Helpful ReplyNew BandLab and CbB updates available

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
ptheisen
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 173
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 17:04:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby iRelevant 2018/06/03 22:34:01
TranceCanada
So I've seen that other people have had this issue and I can't remember if there was a solution to it, but my Bandlab Assistant is just showing me a loading screen and not letting me do anything.  I've uninstalled and re-installed it and it still shows me the loading screen.  Has there ever been a solution to this found? or is it just in time it'll correct itself?

I don't know if what I experienced is your situation, but it might be. When I opended BandLab Assistant and clicked to have it update itself, two smaller windows pop up behind the app window, so they can't be seen unless you drag the app window away. Once you do that, you'll see the front small window (a dialog box) has a message something like "BandLab Assistant is running, click OK to close it." and you have the option to click OK or Cancel. This message confused me the first time, I thought closing would stop everything, so I clicked Cancel (not that Cancel makes any more sense, but...). Wrong, that stops everything. Perhaps the message would be clearer if it said "BandLab Assistant is running but needs to close before the update can proceed. Click OK to close it and continue with the update, or Cancel to cancel the update." When I clicked OK, the app window and dialog box closed, and the remaining window, which is the installer itself dutifully waiting until BandLab Assistant closes, started installing and finished within just a few seconds. Maybe this information will help you (or anyone else) if that is what is happening to you.

It would be even better if BandLab could modify the installer to close Bandlab itself, which would eliminate the need for the (hidden) dialog box and just forge ahead with the install of the BandLab update.
EddieLotter
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 98
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 17:07:23 (permalink)
musicjohnnie
I wanted to check and see if anyone else is still locked into demo mode. Believe me, I've  tried everything. Have had help from the top. Tried again last night. Still locked into demo

Did you try installing cakewalk on another computer to see if you experience the same problem?

Cheers
Eddie
musicjohnnie
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 227
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 17:20:01 (permalink)
Eddie,
I've  tried everything......wait, I  guess I  haven't  tried everything......or it would be working. Band lab tech says it sounds like the release of older install is not happening. Right now, as stated the install page shows melodyne checked and uncheckable is not available. I have been using the A drive to store all things, instead of c. I thought that might be the problem since Band lab defaults to c. But now being able to install any where should not be a problem. Everything loads to a ok, just remains in demo mode with the notice to authorize via Band lab Assistant. Already logged in. Oh well, Platinum still runs fine. That's  what doesn't make sense, unless melodyne is really causing problems
Thanks all for listening, a little frustrating
MJ

Dell XPS 9100 Studio
I7 930.....16G ram
Win 10 anniv.(now back to win 7)
Sonar Platinum (lifer)
musicjohnnie
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 17:22:46 (permalink)
Sorry Eddie,
I have no other comp. This is my mainstay, studio only, comp.

Dell XPS 9100 Studio
I7 930.....16G ram
Sonar Platinum (lifer)
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 17:42:25 (permalink)
Contact support make sure to let them know which OS is running and the error code from the CbB about screen. The error code will look like (a000, 0) or (2000,0)
mkerl
  • Total Posts : 190
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 17:44:15 (permalink)
Downloaded, updated, it#s working  smooth and fine. Thank you, Nerds and bakers :) 
I raise my glass á votre santé :)

Cheers !

Nothing to do but playing (Ch. Parker)
mkerl
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 17:52:57 (permalink)
bitflipper
Favorite enhancement: the interleave and phase buttons are now back in the track header where they belong. Thank you, Noel!

I see these buttons in the  header of audio tracks- but I see them in SPLAT in the same place, too.  Seems, I missconceived something . . . 

Cheers :)

scook
Forum Host
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 18:03:12 (permalink)

mkerl
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 18:45:29 (permalink)
Thank you for your help.
But - 
I don't have these Buttons in that header, neither in CbB nor in SPLAT. I see these Buttons in the header of audio tracks in the  Channel Strip in the Inspector as well as in the Mixing view. CbB is 2018.05 Buildt 19. 

Cheers 

musicjohnnie
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 19:18:09 (permalink)
scook,
This is what I sent to support. Even Noel has had me diagnose this with uncertainty. He said he might want me to run more test. Haven't heard in a while. Testing showed that comp was running ok, with all test passed. but he didn't know why their software was not responding the same way.

Dell XPS 9100 Studio
I7 930.....16G ram
Sonar Platinum (lifer)
scook
Forum Host
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 19:20:12 (permalink)
mkerl
I don't have these Buttons in that header, neither in CbB nor in SPLAT.

Make sure the track control drop down is set to All

mkerl
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 19:30:16 (permalink)
Oh, I see. Here we are :) Finally I see the Light :) 
Great, thx a lot.

Cheers 

Geo524
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 647
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 20:01:21 (permalink)
Update installed without a hitch. Love it. Thanks Bakers. Lookin' good!!

Win 10 x 64; CbB; SPlat; MixCraft 8 Pro; AMD FX4130, 3.8 GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; SSD 1TB, 2 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR624 Monitors, KRK G2 Rockit 5's, Dual HP S2331 23" Monitors
Music and SFX 
http://www.radiosparx.com/georgeandmarguerite

kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/02 21:10:47 (permalink)
DaGeek
kennywtelejazz

This used to happen to me sometimes in Plat ...I would get my time line showing & moving while in console mode ...
It seems to be happening w the newest version of Cakewalk ..

does any one know what's up w that ?

Seeing the same thing here when overlaying the console view over the track view. I can live with it though since the track colors are sure pretty...

Hey thanks ,  I can live w it myself....at least so far ...Yes , I do love the colors .

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Rbh
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2349
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/03 00:55:54 (permalink)
Smooth install - Thanks Bandlab

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
12 Gig
Appollo
CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
 Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
ZincTrumpet
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 891
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/03 07:33:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Daibhidh 2018/06/03 08:06:39
Nice update, thanks Meng, Noel and the bakers!

Had the same problem as last time with the BLA update.
BLA 3.09 downloaded the new version of BLA, uninstalled the old version then gave the following error:

I just downloaded the BL 310 update manually and installed it.
The CbB update went smoothly.

ZincT

Cakewalk by BandLab 2018.11 Bld 31, Windows 10 Home 1803, Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40 GHz, Gigabyte Z77 HD3 mobo, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 Ti Fanless, Steinberg UR242 Audio Interface (F/W 1.01), Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver 1.10.3
Latest music: Click Here
armin22
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/03 13:05:53 (permalink)
musicjohnnie
Hello all,
I wanted to check and see if anyone else is still locked into demo mode. Believe me, I've  tried everything. Have had help from the top. Tried again last night. Still locked into demo
MJ

Hi ,
I managed with this update to get rid of this annoying demo mode. Only followed the instructions on Bandlab Assistant 3.09 => Update BL Assistant, then new install of Cakewalk. There was no reboot necessary.

iRelevant
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 430
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/03 20:31:31 (permalink)
a13xhp
Where is the changelog? I have been experiencing many crashes with third party plugins in CbB build 31. It seems that Bandlab released a free product to evade doing things professionally. I mean; we don't now the roadmap of the company, the web and the forum are under construcction, Bandlab isn't being transparent with Cakewalk and the releases are crashy even with minor changes. This is the plan to rescue Cakewalk? Can an audio professional rely on a product like this?

Man ! Do you get paid to wine ? or do you do it for free ? Lifetime trauma ?

OS:Win7x64 SP1 CPU:i5/8GB/SSD DAWs : CbB, FLS, SO2, (Reaper) etc. To much Gear, not enough wires. 
My Music : BandLab  https://www.bandlab.com/irelevant BandCamp : https://irelevant.bandcamp.com
Whistlekiller
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 50
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/03 20:49:30 (permalink)
Everything hunky-dory for me on this one again. Bandlab Assisitant updated in under 30 seconds and Cakewalk update (Version 2018.05 Build 19) downloaded and installed inside two minutes (Win10-1803). Nice to see the coloured console track options now available in Tungsten like it's always been in Mercury. No issues.

X11 i7 3770-3.4Ghz, 32Gb RAM, Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Sonar Platinum, V-Studio 100, V-Contol 1.9 iPad, Omnisphere Power Synth, Alesis V61 Keyboard, Novation Launch Control, Roland JV1010 Synth, Roland GR55 Guitar Synth, Line 6 Pod with floorboard, Shure PG42 Mic, 4 guitars, 5 string bass, upright bass, ukelele, mandolin, Cambridge SoundWorks THX Speakers, M-Audio Speakers
Euthymia
  • Total Posts : 223
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/03 21:37:59 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby mkerl 2018/06/03 21:57:24
a13xhp
Where is the changelog?

It's in the first post that you see when you visit this forum.

I have been experiencing many crashes with third party plugins in CbB build 31.

This has not been my experience, but if you aren't getting the same crashes with SONAR Platinum, or whatever version of the software you have used in the past, it might be helpful to contact Bandlab's support with a list of the plug-ins that are crashing. Others have reported that they are very helpful.

It seems that Bandlab released a free product to evade doing things professionally.

No it doesn't. At least it doesn't seem that way to me. I am a veteran of the software industry (Adobe, Broderbund, others), and observing their release cycle and prioritization, they seem very professional, and well-prioritized. They are keeping a low profile, fixing bugs, putting in "small" features, polishing the program up. Doing the kinds of things you can do when you are not under pressure to sell licenses.

I mean; we don't now the roadmap of the company,

I am not accustomed to knowing "the roadmap" of companies with which I do business, especially not the ones whose software I download free of charge.

the web and the forum are under construcction,

Touché. I really want a forum that includes new registered Cakewalk users.

Bandlab isn't being transparent with Cakewalk and the releases are crashy even with minor changes.

BandLab is under no obligation to anyone to be "transparent" with the development of their free software. They kindly post a changelog at the top of this forum with every new release.

I was not a user of SONAR Platinum, but from what I read here, the first release of the successor program, Cakewalk by BandLab, crashed much less often, and each successive release has, on my system at least, displayed fewer bugs. BandLab's development staff seem to have been given a priority of fixing bugs, which is nice.

Can an audio professional rely on a product like this?

It's up to any audio professional to weigh the pros and cons of any tool he or she relies on.

Cakewalk by BandLab doesn't seem to work very well on your computer with your 3rd-party plug-ins, and you don't seem to trust the company that makes it, and those are some pretty big negatives.

Cakewalk by BandLab works great on my computer, the price is right, the features are amazing, it sounds fantastic, I'm getting good work done with it, the dev cycle is tight, bugs are getting fixed (since it's free, the company is not bound to adding features at the expense of bug fixing), I find BandLab's other enterprises interesting, I carry no baggage from the Gibson failure, so for me, it's a big positive. I suspect that it is and will be for others.

The history of Cakewalk and other software should, however, serve as a lesson to all audio pros not to rely on a single DAW. I am now up on two platforms and breathe easier as a result.

-Erik
Warning: if you tell me my issue can be remedied by buying more RAM, an SSD, or a Waves plug-in, I will troll you pitiilessly
iRelevant
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/03 22:25:18 (permalink)
Great news :) Love the new progress bar on the download of CbB. Everything installed fine. 
Thank you very much.

OS:Win7x64 SP1 CPU:i5/8GB/SSD DAWs : CbB, FLS, SO2, (Reaper) etc. To much Gear, not enough wires. 
My Music : BandLab  https://www.bandlab.com/irelevant BandCamp : https://irelevant.bandcamp.com
iRelevant
Re: New BandLab and CbB updates available 2018/06/03 22:40:59 (permalink)
ptheisen
TranceCanada
So I've seen that other people have had this issue and I can't remember if there was a solution to it, but my Bandlab Assistant is just showing me a loading screen and not letting me do anything.  I've uninstalled and re-installed it and it still shows me the loading screen.  Has there ever been a solution to this found? or is it just in time it'll correct itself?

I don't know if what I experienced is your situation, but it might be. When I opended BandLab Assistant and clicked to have it update itself, two smaller windows pop up behind the app window, so they can't be seen unless you drag the app window away. Once you do that, you'll see the front small window (a dialog box) has a message something like "BandLab Assistant is running, click OK to close it." and you have the option to click OK or Cancel. This message confused me the first time, I thought closing would stop everything, so I clicked Cancel (not that Cancel makes any more sense, but...). Wrong, that stops everything. Perhaps the message would be clearer if it said "BandLab Assistant is running but needs to close before the update can proceed. Click OK to close it and continue with the update, or Cancel to cancel the update." When I clicked OK, the app window and dialog box closed, and the remaining window, which is the installer itself dutifully waiting until BandLab Assistant closes, started installing and finished within just a few seconds. Maybe this information will help you (or anyone else) if that is what is happening to you.

It would be even better if BandLab could modify the installer to close Bandlab itself, which would eliminate the need for the (hidden) dialog box and just forge ahead with the install of the BandLab update.

I think this is a good idea. I've also experienced this scenario with the hidden dialog box awaiting response, needing to fiddle around to get things going. Trivial thing, but I can imagine it being a show stopper for some. 

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1