I'm Crazy About You -------- A Total Rebuild (thanks for the suggestions)

Author
Freddy J
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2348
2018/06/18 03:04:44 (permalink)

I'm Crazy About You -------- A Total Rebuild (thanks for the suggestions)

Well ------ I never could figure out or find out how to undo the muting on the working tracks after having mixed them down in Studio One 3.  So, I started over again from scratch using good old Sonar.  I incorporated most if not all of the suggestions that I received on my original posting.  I increased the volume on the saxes and since I received comments about the hand claps, I got rid of them.  I added a couple more fills on the drums and brought them up a bit.  I also EQ'ed things a bit more.  Hopefully I got a bit better balance and separation.  Hopefully, with the re-recording of all tracks, things have been smoothed out a bit (timing).

I very much appreciate all the suggestions that I received and hopefully this number sounds a bit better now.  Thanks!

I'M CRAZY ABOUT YOU
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Im-Crazy-About-You-m3756529.aspx

2 Replies Related Threads

bjornpdx
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 759
    Re: I'm Crazy About You -------- A Total Rebuild (thanks for the suggestions) 2018/06/18 15:14:14 (permalink)
    Freddy
    Yeah I like this version better. Your bluesy guitar styling is always enjoyable to hear.

OK I've taken too many creative writing classes over the years so I noticed some pronoun confusion in the lyrics. Sometimes you're singing about "her/she" and then you're singing to "you".  Not a huge deal music-wise, just a nit.

Bjorn
    soundcloud.com/orygun
    www.bjornfredrickson.com
    https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/BjornFredrickson

Purrfect Audio Pro Studio, RME UCX
    Cakewalk by Bandlab,  Studio One,  Reaper
    Freddy J
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2348
    Re: I'm Crazy About You -------- A Total Rebuild (thanks for the suggestions) 2018/06/30 19:39:49 (permalink)
    Thanks for commenting Bjorn. 

You are absolutely right and the pronoun confusion is something that I never even considered.  I imagine I have made similar mistakes before.  Unfortunately, for me, I have never taken a creative writing course.  The majority of my courses were in biology, zoology, chemistry, statistics, etc.  Those kind of courses teach a different kind of creativity but unfortunately not the kind that applies to doing music.  As I am retired and doing music (lyrics) you have planted the seed that perhaps I should take a creative writing course. It certainly couldn't hurt. 

Thanks again my friend.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1