Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Jim Roseberry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9871
Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/08/01 14:45:40 (permalink)
Getting a significant piece of new gear is exciting.

If there's any type of problem, Sweetwater will take care of it.

As for the 55-point inspection, I wouldn't put too much faith in that alone.
I bought a couple of higher-end guitars (lighter with rosewood necks) that had neck-dive.
Some may not see that as a problem, but I don't want to be fighting the guitar (especially playing live).
Now, I specifically ask them to check for neck-dive and other issues (prior to shipping).

If my sales-engineer Stewart can't answer specific question/s on a particular piece of gear, he'll ask a colleague who's familiar with it.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
Ozz
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 332
Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/08/04 15:49:26 (permalink)
Well, the guitar came on Thursday via Fedex....and there's a fairly major issue with it....... That being, I can't seem to put it down for more than a couple minutes, and it's keeping me from getting anything else done.  ;-)

Actually, it was well packaged....double boxed plus inside the hardshell case.....upon opening the case I noticed they had "installed" a humidification system they had suggested to me (and tossed in at no charge).  (Yeah, I've got to buy replacement pouches for it...but....if it seems to work well, it'll be money well spent)

The aesthetic issue I had been concerned about was essentially a trick of the lighting in the pictures they had taken....

The guitar was (mostly) in tune...the action was quite good....the intonation was good....

No scratches/scuffs or anything to make someone say "Aww..man...."

I should add, the guitar sounds great, as well...(how could I forget to mention THAT part?)

The capo they suggested (and that I purchased) works well and is very low profile.....

So....all said and done,  my Sweetwater experience was a very good one.....so much so, that I'm considering a 12 string (always wanted one....have played them....but never had one of my own)...and I would very likely go through Sweetwater again.

So, my thanks to those who calmed my nerves during this process...

Aren't happy endings awesome?

Sonar Platinum, Win 10 Pro 64, Intel i7 4770K, 16GB DDR3 1600, 1 x 250GB SSD, 2 x 2TB SATA, Roland OctaCapture, Roland XP-30 (Controller only), Shure KSM-44, Rode NT-1, Shure SM57, Numerous Guitar Amp sims, Komplete 6/7, Alchemy, Custom built guitar, Carvin Amplifiers.
TheMaartian
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2774
Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/08/04 21:54:22 (permalink)
Outstanding!

To paraphrase Mark Knopfler...Worry for nothing, and no nicks to see!

Which capo did you get?

I love my little G7th Performance 2. That said, their new adaptive radius tech in the Heritage looks worth acquiring.

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit Tascam US-16x08
Studio One 4 Pro NotionMelodyne 4 Studio Acoustica 7 Guitar Pro 7
PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, CP-2, OD Toontrack SD3, EZK
Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/08/05 01:43:55 (permalink)
Congratulations! Glad you're happy with it!
Ozz
Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/08/05 17:24:56 (permalink)
Hey "TheMaartian"

The capo is a Paige, "the original" model....seems to work well, and wasn't too expensive.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PO-6N--paige-6-string-standard-capo-satin-nickel

Not exactly "one handed" operation, though I CAN do it that way, especially once it's on the first time.  (Once you get it put on, it's just a matter of loosening/tightening the screw.

Sonar Platinum, Win 10 Pro 64, Intel i7 4770K, 16GB DDR3 1600, 1 x 250GB SSD, 2 x 2TB SATA, Roland OctaCapture, Roland XP-30 (Controller only), Shure KSM-44, Rode NT-1, Shure SM57, Numerous Guitar Amp sims, Komplete 6/7, Alchemy, Custom built guitar, Carvin Amplifiers.
Bajan Blue
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2029
Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/08/06 14:03:44 (permalink)
I've used Sweetwater for many years - they ship to me both in Barbados and Cape Town South Africa - I have never had any issue - if something has been faulty (which has been very rare) they have replaced immediately. I deal with a guy called Jeff Hollman - absolutely first class guy
Nigel

Nigel
Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
www.devinelie.com

Ozz
Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/08/10 22:34:50 (permalink)
So...the guitar ended up having an issue with the finish.....after playing it for a total of 3-4 hours, a noticeable stain developed just above the strings near the bridge....I know that it's normal for sweat/oils etc to cause some noticeable marks over time.....but....I thought that 2 hours was a little premature....

So, I contacted my sales guy.....voiced my concern.....and as some have mentioned, they have a pretty good policy, and he was very accommodating......they didn't have any more of that model in stock, which was ok....I was thinking that maybe a satin top finish wasn't really for me if they are that delicate.

So, I ended up trading up (because that's just what I do)....I stayed with the same brand,  and just got an upper model with a gloss finish (that I know will have it's own issues...but hopefully not quite so fast ;-)  )....but, he gave me what I thought was a very fair price on the one I'm going to be getting, and said that although normally I would have to pay the return shipping, that they would take care of it, since there was an actual issue, and not just me changing my mind.

I just got off the phone with him, so....again, I need to reiterate....assuming it all goes smoothly this time, as well (and hopefully a bit smoother...lol)....Sweetwater has probably gained a return customer for future toys I want to purchase.  

(But stay tuned....I'll wait to get the new guitar before I set that in stone ;-)  )

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1