Helpful ReplyMODO Bass

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Bflat5
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 421
Re: MODO Bass 2018/12/23 21:26:55 (permalink)
Here's a bass midi I've used before www.gainjunkies.com/files/tush.mid

And here's the settings when I insert MODO,

Custom PC running Windows 10 64, i7 CPU, 32gigs of RAM, Focusrite 18i20, Sonar Platinum.

Jackson USA and Custom Shop Guitars and Basses
Takamine And Fender Acoustics
Marshall JVM 410H and JCM 800
BOSS FX (Mostly)
Gain Junkies Forum << Come join us. It's all about Rock & Roll!
msorrels
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1025
Re: MODO Bass 2018/12/23 21:53:22 (permalink)
The first entry in that MIDI file has a Pitch Bend Sensitivity setting in it.  And it silences MODO.

That whole file also needs to be transposed up an octave to play with the default MODO. 
I couldn't figure out a way to reset it after that Pitch Bend Sensitivity setting is sent.  It bricks it.  Delete it from the Synth Rack and re-add it.

Step by step guide to using the tush.mid file.

Start new project, add MODO with MIDI track and audio track.  Bring in MIDI file.  Open Event List (Views->Event List).  Delete the Pitch Bend event.  Select track and transpose +12 (Process->Transpose).

-Matt

Bflat5
Re: MODO Bass 2018/12/24 00:56:26 (permalink)
msorrels
The first entry in that MIDI file has a Pitch Bend Sensitivity setting in it.  And it silences MODO.

That whole file also needs to be transposed up an octave to play with the default MODO. 
I couldn't figure out a way to reset it after that Pitch Bend Sensitivity setting is sent.  It bricks it.  Delete it from the Synth Rack and re-add it.

Step by step guide to using the tush.mid file.

Start new project, add MODO with MIDI track and audio track.  Bring in MIDI file.  Open Event List (Views->Event List).  Delete the Pitch Bend event.  Select track and transpose +12 (Process->Transpose).

The only thing I haven't tried up to this point is delete the pitch bend. I just tried that and it still bricks MODO. I don't even know why a pitch bend is being added. These files work fine on my other machine. In fact I can save the project, put it on a flash drive, take it to that machine open it in CbB and everything will load and play fine on that machine.

Everything on this machine, including Windows 10, is a fresh install. It started doing this before I wiped everything out. It's the reason I did it actually.

Custom PC running Windows 10 64, i7 CPU, 32gigs of RAM, Focusrite 18i20, Sonar Platinum.

BOSS FX (Mostly)
msorrels
Re: MODO Bass 2018/12/24 01:05:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby abacab 2018/12/24 03:44:11
It's not a pitch bend, it's a command to adjust the pitch bend sensitivity.  Which causes MODO to freak out.  It also only seems to freak out the VST3 version of MODO.  The VST2 version works fine and isn't bothered by it.   Might be why it works on your other computers/etc.

If you send that RPN Pitch Bend Sensitivity command to VST3 MODO it will never work again in that project and must be deleted from the synth rack.  So if you load it up and hit play, MODO will now become broken.  Deleting the event after that won't help.  Saving the project and reloading it won't help. 

-Matt

TheMaartian
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2774
Re: MODO Bass 2018/12/24 16:53:43 (permalink)
There are 3 control change messages at the start of the MIDI file. I deleted all 3 and it worked fine with MODO Bass.

After I transposed it up an octave!  Forgot that bit to begin with.

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit Tascam US-16x08
Studio One 4 Pro NotionMelodyne 4 Studio Acoustica 7 Guitar Pro 7
PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, CP-2, OD Toontrack SD3, EZK
Bflat5
Re: MODO Bass 2018/12/25 01:19:41 (permalink)
msorrels
It's not a pitch bend, it's a command to adjust the pitch bend sensitivity.  Which causes MODO to freak out.  It also only seems to freak out the VST3 version of MODO.  The VST2 version works fine and isn't bothered by it.   Might be why it works on your other computers/etc.

If you send that RPN Pitch Bend Sensitivity command to VST3 MODO it will never work again in that project and must be deleted from the synth rack.  So if you load it up and hit play, MODO will now become broken.  Deleting the event after that won't help.  Saving the project and reloading it won't help. 

Right now I'm on my studio machine. Opened modo vst3 in CbB, the same midi file, same settings... Works like a champ.  Whwni get to my problem machine I'll verify which vst that is loading... Likely the same one, though, since I always install apps the same way.

BOSS FX (Mostly)
Bflat5
Re: MODO Bass 2018/12/25 01:21:44 (permalink)
TheMaartian
There are 3 control change messages at the start of the MIDI file. I deleted all 3 and it worked fine with MODO Bass.

After I transposed it up an octave!  Forgot that bit to begin with.

Will it work for you if you don't delete those changes? See, everything worked fine on that machine until a few weeks ago. My studio machine will play anything I throw at it, after I transpose of course. :)

BOSS FX (Mostly)
msorrels
Re: MODO Bass 2018/12/25 04:20:36 (permalink)
Maybe check which version of MODO you are running?  I'm running 1.5 (7K30) (from the info/about box inside MODO).  If I send the odd MIDI control messages to the VST3 version in CbB it will stop playing anything and cannot be recovered without deleting the synth from the Cakewalk project and re-adding it.  If I send the same messages to the VST2 it seems to ignore it, and everything is great.  This reproduces 100% of the time on my Windows 7 machine.  But the same steps with the same VST3 MODO in Cubase doesn't have a problem.  It does shows more odd events at the start than CbB.

Delete the bad MIDI events, save the MIDI file and then use that.  Or not.  I believe it's the root cause of your problem.

-Matt

Bflat5
Re: MODO Bass 2018/12/25 16:26:29 (permalink)
I have the latest version of MODO. I haven't had it very long but looks like we have a winner... On my office machine I created a new project and inserted MODO vst2, imported the same midi file, transposed it and it works perfectly.

Very odd stuff. I wonder if this is an issue with CbB since this doesn't happen with Cubase or Reaper? Then again it doesn't happen on my studio machine using CbB, either.

BOSS FX (Mostly)
msorrels
Re: MODO Bass 2018/12/25 21:51:28 (permalink)
I think it's some crazy blend of problems.  I wasn't able to make it happen with Cubase or Reaper either but CbB it happened every time.  Getting any of the parties to fix this would be impossible though.  They will just point at the other guy and say it's their fault. 

I can't understand how MODO borks itself though.  I tried really hard to reset it (without deleting and reloading it) and nothing worked.  I've never had a lot of luck with IK's VST3 instruments, they always seem to have crazy side issues.  I'm tempted to say this is just one of them.  At least it doesn't crash.

-Matt

Bflat5
Re: MODO Bass 2018/12/25 22:29:00 (permalink)
I really appreciate all of the help from everyone. I learned some new stuff in the process!

I guess I'll just uninstall MODO and reinstall it sans VST3. I'm on my studio machine now and a project that did work is now doing the same thing, but still works in another project using the VST3.

BOSS FX (Mostly)
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1