Musicians to lay a track.

Author
corvetteguitarman
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 71
2005/12/05 09:34:32 (permalink)

Musicians to lay a track.

Hello my fellow Musicians. I am intersted in getting together with other Musicians and trying to put together a song. If you might be interested, feel free to post an reply and we shall proceed from there. Thanks

10 Replies Related Threads

BassPlayer
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 230
    RE: Musicians to lay a track. 2005/12/05 15:28:22 (permalink)
    I strongly suggest http://www.artistcollaboration.com. You'll get a lot of bites there.

BP

http://www.angmar.com
    BobWeaverHawaii
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Musicians to lay a track. 2005/12/06 03:23:00 (permalink)
    Hey Corvetteguitar, I am making songs with friends on the net. If you are kind of new with it, just send me a WAV file and I will offer it up to my friends. It can be a guitar part, or any "hook" of a song, drum part, etc. If it sounds ok, I will let my friends have a "go" at it. We don't steal anything, but it would come back to you, fully completed, if they decide it is worth playing with. There are about 6 of us, in Hawaii, England, Scottland, Florida, and Ireland... we bounce stuff back and forth. I play congas, djembes, & guitar, and my buddies play guitar, keyboards, and use another type of software (Reason), and we all slap stuff together.

If you give me a clip, it could come back with just one other instrument added, or with 3 or 4. I send a drum loop once, and my buddies sent back a fully completed song! It is sort of a surprise each time.

It is up to you. I checked out BassPlayer's site, it looks like it is a bit commercialized. If you don't send me a clip, find some good discussion sites with people who like to do tunes together. I am just at that point myself. I have to spend time playing guitar/drums, so don't like to waste too much time blogging, but do it a little. So, if you are interested, send a clip (track), as a WAV file preferably, to me at

bobweaverhawaii@hotmail.com

and I will have a listen, and refer it to my friends if I can't add a contributing track to it immediately. We are pretty quick, the total turnaround for a full song usually takes less than 5 days, even when
    some people 'skip' out, and just pass it like a hot potato.

Cheers then. Send a clip if you want to, will get back within a day or two, with the added track(s), or at least to tell you who is working on the collaboration (eg: guy in Scotland) at the time, and give you an estimate.

None of us STEALS music, although my friend did put one song for sale that I did the drums for... but he has given ME lots of free guitar work...

Cheers.
    Bob (congas, guitar)
    JoeZ
    • Total Posts : 39
    RE: Musicians to lay a track. 2005/12/11 20:08:55 (permalink)
    5-string banjo assistance available here. 32 years playing experience and some studio work. From traditional to "newgrass" to almost anything you need. Top of the line instruments. In Maryland.
    corvetteguitarman
    RE: Musicians to lay a track. 2005/12/11 21:15:47 (permalink)
    Hey Joe.......got your message. Sounds good. A Banjo sound will give it a different feel. I can send you a track and see if you are interested in putting some sounds to it. You will need to provide me with an e-mail address and we will go from there. Do you have any self made music that I may contribute to? I will talk to you soon my friend.
    sojourn
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: Musicians to lay a track. 2005/12/12 00:50:20 (permalink)
    Why don't you just post your song here? MP3, Wma, it doesn't matter. Then everyone can hear your ideas.
    daveny5
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16934
    RE: Musicians to lay a track. 2005/12/12 08:14:24 (permalink)
    Do not post your songs here. Put them in the songs forum.

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    corvetteguitarman
    RE: Musicians to lay a track. 2005/12/12 22:33:48 (permalink)
    ok sojourn and daveny5......enough with your fiddle/faddle......your waisting good space in my message....READ THE MESSAGE.......I said nothing about me posting anything.....and believe you me, if I post something I will post it where it should be.....Thanks Guys :)
    sojourn
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: Musicians to lay a track. 2005/12/12 23:59:12 (permalink)
    First off, This is a forum. People post comments. You are not limited to space. Secondly, I was responding mainly to BassPlayer's suggestion to move the thread to http://www.artistcollaboration.com./ . I personally think BassPlayer is right as far as http://www.artistcollaboration.com./ being a better collab forum. I am working on 3 different songs there myself. I have also heard some good stuff coming out of this forum and I was talking about http://forum.cakewalk.com . Of course you post songs in the songs forum. All I was really saying was you didn't need to register with another forum to post song ideas. You can do it at Cakewalk since you are already here. And lastly what the hell is your question corvetteguitarman. If you aren't planning on posting anything, how are you going to collaborate. Are you just looking for players in your area so you can get together and jam or something. Call it fiddle/faddle if you like. We were just trying to help. Next time, try stating what you really want. But don't expect a reply from me.
    JoeZ
    • Total Posts : 39
    RE: Musicians to lay a track. 2005/12/13 20:46:55 (permalink)
    joe.zauner@zgf-law.com

Haven't actually done anything worth sharing on my HS4 yet. Just experimenting with mixes, mikes, levels, etc. Too much time on work, kids, etc.

Tell me what you need added, what sound you're looking for. I can copy most of the major known 5-string banjo players' styles pretty well. I can read charts and tabs.
    corvetteguitarman
    RE: Musicians to lay a track. 2005/12/14 09:12:44 (permalink)
    Sojourn......all is well my friend. I meant nothing to insult you or noone else. I'm just a musician looking to try something new. I have been playing for some 36 1/2 years. I have a lot of ideas...songs finished as well as songs just started. The finished ones are of course copy righted. I just can't post anything for everyone.....it is only protecting my sounds and songs that I have taken so long to compile. So I would like to hear your comments as well as others. Nothing is fiddle/faddle my friend....lol.....all is well. By the way, what instrument do you play?
    Last but certainly not least, Music is an Universal Language, so we are all like family on a different level.......lets keep it that way.....stay cool and hope to hear back from you Bro.
    ORIGINAL: sojourn

First off, This is a forum. People post comments. You are not limited to space. Secondly, I was responding mainly to BassPlayer's suggestion to move the thread to http://www.artistcollaboration.com./ . I personally think BassPlayer is right as far as http://www.artistcollaboration.com./ being a better collab forum. I am working on 3 different songs there myself. I have also heard some good stuff coming out of this forum and I was talking about http://forum.cakewalk.com . Of course you post songs in the songs forum. All I was really saying was you didn't need to register with another forum to post song ideas. You can do it at Cakewalk since you are already here. And lastly what the hell is your question corvetteguitarman. If you aren't planning on posting anything, how are you going to collaborate. Are you just looking for players in your area so you can get together and jam or something. Call it fiddle/faddle if you like. We were just trying to help. Next time, try stating what you really want. But don't expect a reply from me.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1