SONAR - THE KING OF BUGS ...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Salsamac
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 457
RE: SONAR - THE KING OF BUGS ... 2005/12/10 11:51:20 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Pavlos

Now you see they are slacking for sure ...
If I only new some more programming stuff I might could be able to programme the ultimate sequenser :(

I bet you couldn't; knowing some more programming stuff would open your eyes to the complexities of the whole issue. :-)
salsa
keith
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3882
RE: SONAR - THE KING OF BUGS ... 2005/12/10 14:20:37 (permalink)

If I only new some more programming stuff I might could be able to programme the ultimate sequenser :(

Rosy optimism + Programming for Dummies + WWW as the "killer app" of the new millenium = low hourly rate for Keith

Pavlos
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 113
RE: SONAR - THE KING OF BUGS ... 2005/12/11 08:08:43 (permalink)
Thank you everyone who participated in this one ...

In synopsis as other users also post the same problem , I hope that Sonar programmers are going to work harder and read this Topic .
Now we are going to wait until a new patch comes out both from Sonar and Waves .
Until then use Cakewalk in Fxs like Sonitus that perfoms very well and are stable for sure or bypass the problem with the tricks I described .

Take care everybody...
All the best

Pavlos.

jlgrimes
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1639
RE: SONAR - THE KING OF BUGS ... 2005/12/11 10:20:51 (permalink)
Well I passed this out with this :> if you open the project in safe mode then just choose to overide the WAVES plugins and then you will see the project will load ok . So you can put them again and then continue working .
But you have to do this all the TIME !!!! and thats not proffesional .

This is one of the main disadvantages of using computer based DAWs. It is now entirely possible for 3rd party plugins to CRASH systems.

Sometimes it is Sonar's fault, Sometimes it is the plug-in's manufacturers fault.

What's even worse is there are case where adding updates is what actually causes the program to fail.

I think this problem is inevitable but a lot can be done to improve the situation. I for one think that for plug-in manuafactures and different types of Daws there are too many different formats in where a plug-in must work successfully. (VST, RTAS, Dxi, Audio units, MAS). I'm pretty sure designers try their best to eliminate errors but in those situations somethings got to give. Also Sonar tries to work with both VST and DXI. This means Sonar must aim to be the perfect host in both programs. This can be hard. I can tell that initially Sonar's aim was just to stick with DXI and it makes sense they would do that (it is supported by Microsoft). But because of the popularity of VST, Cake decided it would be better to also have that. I think companies probably just need to be more vigilant and careful on releasing new stuff too fast.

I think a universal plug in standard would help reduce errors but would be impractical in a free market world and probably impose strict limitations that would eventually curtail plug-in developement.

post edited by jlgrimes - 2005/12/11 10:23:37
Pavlos
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 113
RE: SONAR - THE KING OF BUGS ... 2005/12/11 14:06:13 (permalink)
Something last to report.

Another good friend in here has the same problem . http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=656348&mpage=1&key=򠚗
I have posted to his topic a nice reply .

So I have to post it here , its like the final conclusion of this topic and help other people too...
but its better to go and read his topic maybe its better to understand this...
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=656348&mpage=1&key=򠚗

............starts here ...........
Oengus .

This is a good question . But I cant find a proffesional answer yet. I am just doing some little magic to trick it .
The worst thing is , as you mentioned , Sonar 4 was working great for me too .
Now since I installed Sonar 5 and have the same problems , if I try to open the same project with Sonar 4 doenst open like Sonar 5 . BUT !! , it used to work with Sonar 5.0 . I mean Sonar 4.x can load projects from Sonar 5.0 , but NOT 5.01 !!!

I know this is mad ...

BUT AGAIN ...

Sonar 4. x has now been infected too ! by this disaster !!! so if you want to go on with waves , you MUST
Uninstall all Sonar projects and be sure no registry and Vst adapter is left . Then Reinstall Sonar 4 with all the updates and work fine with no problems.

Its seems that the upgrade from S4 to S5 have caused some incompatibility issues with Waves .

IF your project is a critical to go on , you have to open the project in Safe mode , re plug the waves , , choose the setttings (good idea here is to save the presets and load instantly) and do all this all the time . so if its critical to finish the project with the wave files , I am sorry but you have to go like this .
But remember if you replace the waves with other plugs , you wont have a problem at all .
you can try Sonitus fx , that comes with Sonar install and they use less Cpu .

I know it sound amateur but I haven't found yet a better treatment to this disaster .
Dont try to update your Waves if its not allready . It wont fix the thing .
If I found new info be sure I will post this here .

Your music needs to go on and the Silly bugs dont let you go ...
Very good music my friend I heard all the samples . I am glad you make such good music with Sonar :)

I wish you many sales with your new album . It really Rocks.
Japan seems a very good place for your records ... be sure about it .
findjammer
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 412
RE: SONAR - THE KING OF BUGS ... 2005/12/11 14:22:10 (permalink)

Thank you everyone who participated in this one ...

In synopsis as other users also post the same problem , I hope that Sonar programmers are going to work harder and read this Topic .
Now we are going to wait until a new patch comes out both from Sonar and Waves .
Until then use Cakewalk in Fxs like Sonitus that perfoms very well and are stable for sure or bypass the problem with the tricks I described .

Take care everybody...
All the best

Pavlos.

glad your looking at the other plugins now ... imho i'm not convinced about the quality of waves plugins anyway!

Jammer
--
Win10 (i7 920 @ 3.2Ghz, ASUS P6T Deluxe v2, 240Gb OCZ Vertx SSD, 24Gb Corsair Vengence 1800 RAM, Lacie 5TB, EVGA GTX980ti, MOTU Traveler
--
MacBook Pro
--
Waldorf Pulse, Juno 60, K5000s, Alesis Andromeda, Oberhiem, SPL, Drawmer
SSL Duende Beta Tester
www.jamsoft.co.uk
DOWNLOAD SAMPLESORT

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1