Friends--remix, now with new piano part

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
robby
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5819
RE: Friends 2008/06/11 23:35:01 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mamabear

Larry, Russell, Jon, Robby, etc.--now it's different--there's a piano part. If you liked it before, then maybe you won't this time around, but anyway. Guitars are the same mostly. Any crits about the mix can be directed to Herb. Anything about the piano, well you-know-who!

It sounds like you're playing too many white keys and not enough black ones!! (J/K)

Actually I do hear a big diff in the mix, he mixed the guitars back quite a bit! Before they were way up, now I fear they're too far back? Oh well, you can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people well you know how it goes.

The guitars on this were/are REALLY excellent, I know Herb took a bit of a spanking on the fact that they were mixed to predominantly. But now I fear the pendulum may have swung too far in the other direction. I really like the song, and I like both mixes, of the two, I actually liked the more guitar heavy mix better, because the guitar is so excellent on this song.

==================
It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
mstodge
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 984
RE: Friends 2008/06/12 04:23:40 (permalink)
Nice song you two, has a real upbeat mood to it. One thing i was waiting for was the guitar(which is excellent) to lay down and let the piano take center stage for a while, which i thought would have completed the song.

Well done

Mark.
Mamabear
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8954
RE: Friends 2008/06/12 23:20:03 (permalink)
Tom--thanks. Not sure which version you listened to, but it will probably be changed again.

Robby--you just can't be satisfied, can you? TURN UP THE PIANO!! TURN DOWN THE PIANO!! This is what I love about writing music! LOL

(and about playing too many white keys--I once had a teenager sit down at the piano and say, "What are all these black keys for?" I was stumped...

Mark--thanks. Glad you like it. I think we're realizing we might need to plan ahead better for our next song, if we can come up with one! lol. Oh, well, we'll keep working on it!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1