Helpful ReplyThe ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated]

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
amitte
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2015/08/04 06:56:42 (permalink)

The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated]

Recommended: Link to my updated Youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2aSb4q2Kvw

Alternate Link to my Youtube video on how to do Mathod 1: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub9D08OGsmY

Message to Roland (The guide starts below):
(yes i know this is the cakewalk forum but here is the highest chance of someone reading it)

Dear Roland,

By now this is the most viewed thread on the entire cakewalk forum, that was not created by a Cakewalk staff member or a site admin. 
I feel very honored by that. Especially since this thread helped so many awesome people and musicians to use their amazing devices again. At the time of writing, this thread had about 24 thousand views, and my Youtube videos together have around 20 thousand.
UPDATE: Thread and YouTube each now (20.9.2017) have around 90-100 thousand views, which even further underlines my point.
But on the other hand those numbers are very alarming to me! Let's just assume each person visited this thread or my Youtube videos 2 or 3 times. That would still mean that at least 30 to 60 thousand individuals had a problem with their Roland product. This leaves out the ones that did not find this solution or any of the other guides on the internet. Lets also assume that some did not have the time or will to even do the research, and just went out and bought a new device. So in reality, the number might be much higher.

And I also have to make a correction regarding your official statment about Windows 10 drivers. Windows 8/8.1 drivers, in reality, do support Windows 10. You just can't install them without a tiny amount of effort. In most cases you can even install Windows Vista drivers as i proved well enough. As we found out, in most cases editing only one number was enough to make the drivers install again and in the others it was two numbers. And we should really ask the question: "Why?". Why do we as the customers have to put up with that laziness of a relatively big company? Yes, many devices got updated, but there are also a ton of older ones that did not. Again, for like 99% of those devices only one number in the driver ".inf" has to be changed. If you are not willing to spend the time to change that single number and sign the drivers again, which by the way can be automated extremly easily, why should we be willing to still buy a Roland device just to be abandoned again in a few years? I have my UA-25 almost since the day it came out and it is hands down the best and longest lasting sound card i have ever owned and it is still working like on day one. Same goes for my PCR-500.

My point is: There is a big community in need of Winsows 10 drivers and that need will not go away in the future. It is hardly any work to update the drivers and you will not even need to test the drivers since windows 7/8/10 are basically the same os when it comes to drivers (the same might be true for OSX. but i dont own one so i cant say anything about that). If you dont want to test the drivers yourself, maybe because you dont have the time or ressources to do so please still put them out as experimental/beta drivers and add a report errors/bugs button to the download site so the user could report a non working driver in the very unlikely case that it does not work.
Many friends of mine that own roland devices felt let down by you as a company and consider buying new devices. But this time it sadly might not me be Roland, which is a shame since you made such amazing devices that now simpely have a lack of drivers. I suppose this is not in your companies interest, so please! Don't sacre away your long time customers. They are worth much more than quick money you get from selling new devices. They are the ones that support your company. Even in bad times.

Amitte

The guide starts here:

If you follow my guide there is absolutely no risk of doing any damage to your hardware since it is only about software but I am not taking any responsibilities if you threw a hammer at your device anyways ;). However there is the very small possibility that your system could run unstable and crash in some situations.

Edit: I strongly recommend the first method since the drivers used are newer and might play better with your system.

Method 1 (Recommended):
For this we will need some restarting and a little bit of work. But for that, we might achieve better results.

Links: 
Link to my Youtube video on how to do Mathod 1: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub9D08OGsmY

Download archive with the bat files: This might not work anymore.
http://www.mediafire.com/...nature+Enforcement.zip

www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Step 1: 

Download and extract only the Windows 8/8.1 Driver.

In the extraced folder you have to look for an .inf file. Commonly it will be placed in "Files\64bit\Files\". Do not move this out or any other file in the folder!

Step 2: 

Now you have to open the .inf file with a texteditor like notepad and notepad++. (rightclick->"open whith"->"more"->"notepad")

Step 3: 

Hit "Control + H" on your keyboard (not midi keyboard tho :P), for find we want to enter "6.2" and for replace with just "10", now hit "replace all" and save the file afterwards.

Step 4 (shoutout to bpembo for the contribution of the commands): 

EDIT: Most of you will need to restart your PC instead of using CMD commands or the Bat files. Just ignore everything related to it in this step (italic font). Guide here, or watch my newest YouTube video, where I show the process:

www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Right now you only have to disabe driver signature verification.

Run the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" bat file as administrator or open an elevated command prompt. For that, click start, type in cmd, right click on it and select to run as administrator.

Enter this:
BCDEDIT -Set LoadOptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
BCDEDIT -Set TESTSIGNING ON

(I did not need to reboot, but some sources say it is necessary at this stage.)

Now you are going to install the Windows 8/8.1 Driver as you would normally. When Propmted with a warning just click install anyways.

To re-enable driver signing enforcement enter this into the elevated command prompt:
BCDEDIT -Set LoadOptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
BCDEDIT -Set TESTSIGNING OFF

Method 2 (Only if everything fails) (might only work with edirol devices):

Keep in mind that your device might not work 100% as desired because we will use drivers that are old and not ment to be used with your os.

Link to my youtube video on how to do Mathod 2: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqDCnCyhrVE

Step 1: 

What you will need to download and extract:
  •   Windows 8/8.1 Driver
  •   Windows Vista (64Bit) Driver
I only tested this on Windows 10 64 Bit. You might be able to do the same for 32Bit if you replace the Vista 64 dirver with the Vista 32 bit.

Step 2: 

Now you are going to install the Windows 8/8.1 Driver as you would normally exept you will cancel the setup when you are asked to plug in your device. Also you do not want to run the uninstaller. We do this to make sure all the other components like contol pannels or software interfaces are also installed on your system. Right now we will have everything ready to go exept the driver. 

Step 3: 

To install the driver you will need to go to the device manager. You can do this by hitting Windows + X on the keyboard and then clicking "Device manager". 
Plug in your device. In the device manager you will have to look for a device named simmilar to your hardware. Right click on it and click "Update Driver Software". 

Now you have to follow this steps: click "Browse my conputer for driver software", click "Let me pick form a list of device drivers on my computer", click "Next" (leave "Show all devices" selected), click "Have disk", click "Browse".

Step 4: 

Now navigate to the path you extraced the Windows Vista (64Bit) driver to. now you should only see one ".inf" file. Select it and click "Open". Right now you should be confronted with a list of possible drivers but in my experience there was only one apperant. (You might have to unselect "show compatible hardware"). Now hit "Next" and wait for the driver installation to finish. 

If you followed my steps correctly, you should now have you drivers installed and working correctly.

I hope I could help you and have a nice day!
post edited by amitte - 2017/09/20 01:00:52

awurtele
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/04 17:09:22 (permalink)
You sir, are a genius! This is the solution that I was desperately seeking. I have a Roland Fantom G8 and Roland would have never done a driver for Windows 10 as they have abandoned this wonderful keyboard. I didn't want to give it up or go back to Windows 8.1. Your solution works like a charm. I don't know how you figured this out but thank you so much for sharing.
musichoo
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 811
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/05 05:24:30 (permalink)
Tried the method 1 on A500 pro keyboard did not work. It is at the last step where vista driver was not recognized. I might tried that on ua25ex later.

Sonar Platinum. Win7 64bit. i7 CPU 4770. 14 Gig RAM. Roland A500Pro controller keyboard. Korg Krome 88. M-audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard, Focusrite 18i8, Roland UA25EX. Ivory II, True Piano, Addictive Keys, Synthmaster, Harmor, Zeta +2, Lounge Lizard 4, Geist, Miroslav 2, Sample Tank 3. Kaiser grand piano. Shure KSM137 x2. Wave's Renaissance and Gold. Breeze. ST3. Pianoteq 5. AD2.Aether Reverb, Dune2 , Reason 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate, Syntronik, O8N2 adv, Studio one 3.5 Pro.

https://etherealpiano.bandcamp.com/
amitte
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/05 11:05:24 (permalink)
musichoo
Tried the method 1 on A500 pro keyboard did not work. It is at the last step where vista driver was not recognized. I might tried that on ua25ex later.

The first method (now second since i modified the guide) only seems to work with Edirol branded devices, so for you A500 pro keyboard try out the second method (now first) (it looks longer and much more complicated than it really is).

You can try the first method (now second) on your UA-25EX but it might only support playback from one source so either your DAW or system.
post edited by amitte - 2015/08/05 12:35:28
musichoo
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 811
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/05 22:14:41 (permalink)
Thanks. Might try method 2 when I have muster enough time.

Sonar Platinum. Win7 64bit. i7 CPU 4770. 14 Gig RAM. Roland A500Pro controller keyboard. Korg Krome 88. M-audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard, Focusrite 18i8, Roland UA25EX. Ivory II, True Piano, Addictive Keys, Synthmaster, Harmor, Zeta +2, Lounge Lizard 4, Geist, Miroslav 2, Sample Tank 3. Kaiser grand piano. Shure KSM137 x2. Wave's Renaissance and Gold. Breeze. ST3. Pianoteq 5. AD2.Aether Reverb, Dune2 , Reason 10 and Komplete 10 Ultimate, Syntronik, O8N2 adv, Studio one 3.5 Pro.

https://etherealpiano.bandcamp.com/
joakes
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 905
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/06 09:50:40 (permalink)
Thanks - I've printed a copy of your OP out for future reference.

FWIW I had already hacked my SD-20 and PRC-800 files as per another post ! (And the hacks worked).

Cheers,
Jerry

Built by yours truely : I7-2600@3.4GHz, Asus P67Z68, W10x64 Creator Edition, 32GB RAM, 3 HD's, nVidia 760 GT, Focusrite 18i20 2,d Gen + Ti FW, Oxygen 61 iv Gen, and Edirol SD-20 (yes it works), CbB, Teles, Strats, LP's, Epi Riviera, etc
bpembo
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/06 10:37:01 (permalink)
Found an alternative way to Disable the Driver Signature Enforcement.  It allowed me to install the drivers remotely.  I'll paste the instructions below and the reference to them.  Can't thank you enough for posting this.  It really made my life much easier amitte:

Open an elevated command prompt.  Click start, type in cmd, right click on it and select to run as administrator

I did not need to reboot, but some sources say it is necessary at this stage.

Install the unsigned driver.

To re-enable driver signing enforcement enter:

BCDEDIT -Set TESTSIGNING OFF.

amitte
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/06 10:41:25 (permalink)
bpembo
Found an alternative way to Disable the Driver Signature Enforcement.  It allowed me to install the drivers remotely.  I'll paste the instructions below and the reference to them.  Can't thank you enough for posting this.  It really made my life much easier amitte:

Open an elevated command prompt.  Click start, type in cmd, right click on it and select to run as administrator

I did not need to reboot, but some sources say it is necessary at this stage.

Install the unsigned driver.

To re-enable driver signing enforcement enter:

BCDEDIT -Set TESTSIGNING OFF.

Oh wow this is awesome! I knew how this was possible but did not think it was that easy. Really thank you i will edit my post and maybe upload bat files to disable and enable.

Thank you and you're welcome ;)
asdfasd123
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/11 02:42:37 (permalink)
Hi guys,

Thanks for the info! With both methods 1 and 2, my computer sees my Edirol UA-25 and says that it's working fine, but I still can't get audio to come out of the speakers. Turning up the volume control on the Edirol increases the natural hiss in the speakers (as you'd expect) but none of the computer's audio seems to be making it to the UA-25. The UA-25 lights up etc as normal, so is receiving power via USB fine.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks again.
ChristopherM
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1921
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/11 02:54:38 (permalink)
Excellent! Method 1 has restored my (ancient) UM-2 Midi Interface and my (still current!) GR-55 guitar synth.
One side effect is that I now have a watermark saying "Test Mode ..." in the bottom right corner of my desktop. I'm guessing that this is to do with defeating the driver signing. Do I have to live with it, or can it be made to go away without causing the hacked drivers to be rejected?

Edit: Using BCDEDIT -Set TESTSIGNING OFF seems to have made it go away again. Perhaps I mistyped it the first time.

post edited by ChristopherM - 2015/08/11 03:38:48
ChristopherM
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/11 11:33:06 (permalink)
Just to add that I x-posted this to http://www.vguitarforums.com/ the modestly self-styled "largest Roland V-guitar resource on Earth!" and folk there seem to be having success too. Nice work, amitte.
asdfasd123
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/11 23:51:10 (permalink)
Got it working!

Turns out I had my UA-25 set to Advanced Mode - 96 Khz sample rate, which means that you can only record, or playback (but not both). I had my set to 'record'. Switching to 48 Khz fixed the issue.

Amitte, you are a genius.
Hoenerbr
  • Total Posts : 50
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/08/11 23:59:54 (permalink)
Thank You Thank You Thank You!!! You are a Genius! Method #2 Worked a treat!
Steev
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 314
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/08/13 10:14:07 (permalink)
EXCELLENT HACK! Thanks much!!

Steev on Bandlab.com

Custom built workstation. Windows 10 Pro x64.

SONAR Platinum. Cakewalk by Bandlab.
Sony Sound Forge Pro 10, ACID Pro 7, Vegas Pro 11
Pro Tools.

ASRock 990FX mobo, AMD FX 8370 8-Core. 16 gb DDR3 PC1866 G Skill Ripjaws X RAM. AMD FirePro V4900 1gb DDR5 accelerated graphics card. 
Behringer X Touch DAW Controller
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen 2, OctoPre Mkll
Western Digital 500GB SSD bootdrive,  WD 500GB 10k rpm VelociRaptor for DAW projects . 2x1 TB WD Caviar Black SATA3 storage drives

malcolmd
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/19 04:07:29 (permalink)
I have the Cakewalk UA-25EX USB Audio Capture....  I tried Amitte's method... seems to work in build 10240.  Very pleased.  Funny how you go accustomed to some things...  I wanted to keep using the UA-25EX USB Audio Capture because it has two audio outs.
ChristopherM
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/19 05:20:59 (permalink)
Roland's product support is desperately weak in regard to this. The UA-25 EX has official status "driver in testing" for Windows 10 (as does my GR-55). These are both current products. AFAIK, there is no technology shift from 8.1 to 10 that would prevent any driver from working, as long as it can be installed. As we are experiencing, a simple alteration to the installer allows these Roland drivers to work as well as before. Why can't Roland at least alter the installers, even releasing them as betas if they have lingering concerns about compatibility? This is a rhetorical question, of course, now that Roland doesn't live here anymore. Microsoft must be very frustrated by this kind of behaviour from vendors like Roland - it's turning MS's product launch into the usual months of dragging annoyance, which is not want they wanted, I'm sure.

Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: Getting your devices to work with Windows 10. 2015/08/19 07:12:31 (permalink)
Thanks for this I have a friend who is running a V20 and I will try this on his Laptop.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
beefting
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/08/19 11:43:49 (permalink)
Thanks a lot. Great work. It works on the V-Studio 20. I only had to use an other way to disable the driver signature. See this page:

nerves
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/08/21 03:05:33 (permalink)
Official UA25-EX driver for Windows 10 is now available here :   
EDIT : Sorry, as i am a new user, i cannot post URL ... So, check Roland official website, you'll find all infos on UA25-EX drivers page. All Roland products compatibility page have been updated as well. 
post edited by nerves - 2015/08/21 04:42:11
G.W.VanderHaeghe
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/08/21 13:49:55 (permalink)
I have to put a HUGE thank you out  as my entire center is the vs700 set,
as for the editrol ua25ex roland did supply a update Now. just go to device manager
look for your edirol,right click update driver. (search internet) as long as your previous
os diver was already there .If not go to roland and download your last systems driver.
have your ua25ex plugged in.
Thanks again, to Helmet Schmitt
we are lucky to have his tech smarts and proves there are still some good people in
the world.
samson7842
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 287
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/08/28 18:04:28 (permalink)
Thanks a lot! Method 2 worked for me! I thought I'd have to buy a new keyboard. Whew!

Lateef Murdock

Gear:
Dell XPS 8700
i7-4770 3.9 GHz
24 GB Dual Channel DDR3 160MHZ 4DIMMs
Windows 10 64bit
Cakewalk (CxB)
Sonar Platinum
Studio One 4
Komplete 9 Ultimate
Maschine 2.7 MK3
Edirol PCR 500
Roland A-300 Pro 
Steinberg Virtual Guitarist 2
Virtual Guitarist Silk
Virtual Guitarist Amber
Virtual Guitarist Iron
Steinberg UR22
Waves Gold
Melodyne 4 Studio
Various other fiddly bits
baudze
  • Total Posts : 48
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/09/02 23:57:10 (permalink)
Thanks for sharing this. Method 2 finally got me going after 2 weeks of pain. :-)

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 10 Ultimate
Windows 10 x64, Intel i7 28GB, 1TB HDD OS eSATA, 500GB SSD (VSTi), 500GB SSD (audio)
UAD-2 Duo, Slate Digital, Waves, McDSP
Roland Edirol PCR-800
Focusrite Saffire PRO40
Alesis MasterControl (controller) 
Alesis Monitor One Mk2
Event Studio Precision 8
OGG
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/09/04 19:00:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby amitte 2015/09/29 02:54:17
Hey Guys,

30+ year Roland user and Musician here, just created an account to both thank the OP of this thread, and to let you all know that method ONE with one additional tweak to the .inf file DOES work at least with my Juno Gi, and should therefor work for Roland Devices on the whole.

After nearly going mad trying to re-install my Juno Drivers into a fresh Windows 10 install, and finding nothing at all of any substantive help, this was the only thing that gave me hope. I'm pretty techy, and been a computer nerd for almost 4 decades, so this thread made instant sense. The woeful lack of support from Roland is appalling.

Anyway, when editing the .INF file for the Juno Gi Windows 8.1 Drivers, aside from replacing all  instances of "6.2" with "10", there was one additional line that required replacing the "Windows8" with "Windows10". After figuring that out, the Driver loaded exactly as it should, and is working perfectly with absolute stability.

I have copied and pasted the contents of the original .inf and the modified .inf below with highlights in the later of the affected lines.

Thanks guys!

ORIGINAL FILE:
; Installation inf for the JUNO-Gi
;
; Copyright (c) 2013 Roland Corporation
;
[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"
Class=MEDIA
ClassGUID={4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Provider=%MfgName%
CatalogFile=RDID1111.CAT
DriverVer=09/30/2013,1.00.01.0000

;---------------------------------------------------------------;

[DestinationDirs]
RDID0111.Files.Asio    = 11
RDID0111.Files.User    = 11
RDID0111.Files.Inst    = 11
RDID0111.Files.As32    = 10,syswow64
RDID0111.Files.Ext    = 10,system32\drivers ; %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers
DefaultDestDir         = 10,system32\drivers ; %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers

[SourceDisksNames]
1=%RDID0111DiskName%,,

[SourceDiskSFiles]
RDWM1111.SYS=1
RDAS1111.DLL=1
RDDP1111.EXE=1
RDCP1111.CPL=1
RDCI1111.DLL=1
RDAW1111.DLL=1
RDAH1111.DAT=1

[Manufacturer]
%MfgName%=Roland,NTamd64.6.2,NTamd64.7

;[ControlFlags]
;ExcludeFromSelect=*

[Roland]
;; Windows7 - Windows XP 64
;; not supported

[Roland.NTamd64.6.2]
;; Windows8
%RDID0111DeviceDesc%=RDID0111Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_0123 ; JUNO-Gi

[Roland.NTamd64.7]
;; not supported

;===============================================================;

[RDID0111Install.NTamd64]
Include=ks.inf,wdmaudio.inf
Needs=KS.Registration,WDMAUDIO.Registration
CopyFiles=RDID0111.Files.User,RDID0111.Files.Ext,RDID0111.Files.Asio,RDID0111.Files.As32
AddReg=RDID0111AddReg

[RDID0111Install.NTamd64.CoInstallers]
AddReg=RDID0111CoInstallers.AddReg
CopyFiles=RDID0111.Files.Inst

[RDID0111CoInstallers.AddReg]
HKR,,CoInstallers32,%REG_MSZ%,"RdCi1111.dll,ProcCoInst"

[RDID0111AddReg]
HKR,,DevLoader,,"*ntkern"
HKR,,AssociatedFilters,,"wdmaud,swmidi,redbook"
HKR,,Driver,,rdwm1111.sys
HKR,,NTMPDriver,,"rdwm1111.sys"

HKR,Drivers,SubClasses,,"wave,midi,mixer"

HKR,Drivers\wave\wdmaud.drv,Driver,,wdmaud.drv
HKR,Drivers\midi\wdmaud.drv,Driver,,wdmaud.drv
HKR,Drivers\mixer\wdmaud.drv,Driver,,wdmaud.drv

HKR,Drivers\wave\wdmaud.drv,Description,,%RDID0111DeviceDesc%
HKR,Drivers\midi\wdmaud.drv, Description,,%RDID0111DeviceDesc%
HKR,Drivers\mixer\wdmaud.drv,Description,,%RDID0111DeviceDesc%

HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%WDM.To11.szPname.GUID%,Name,,%WDM.To11.szPname%
HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%WDM.To11.szPname.GUID%,Display,1,00,00,00,00
HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%WDM.Ti11.szPname.GUID%,Name,,%WDM.Ti11.szPname%
HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%WDM.Ti11.szPname.GUID%,Display,1,00,00,00,00

[RDID0111Install.NTamd64.Services]
AddService = RDID1111, 0x00000002, RDID0111_Service_Inst

[RDID0111_Service_Inst]
DisplayName   = %RDID0111DeviceDesc%
ServiceType   = 1                  ; SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER
StartType     = 3                  ; SERVICE_DEMAND_START
ErrorControl  = 1                  ; SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL
ServiceBinary = %10%\system32\Drivers\rdwm1111.sys

;;;
;;
[RDID0111.Files.Ext]
RDWM1111.sys

[RDID0111.Files.User]
RDCP1111.CPL
RDDP1111.EXE

[RDID0111.Files.Inst]
RDCI1111.DLL

[RDID0111.Files.Asio]
RDAS1111.DLL

[RDID0111.Files.As32]
RDAW1111.DLL
RDAH1111.DAT

[RDID0111Install.NTamd64.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%,    %KSNAME_Wo11%, WDM.Interface.Wo11
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,   %KSNAME_Wo11%, WDM.Interface.Wo11
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,  %KSNAME_Wo11%, WDM.Interface.Wo11

AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%,    %KSNAME_Wi11%, WDM.Interface.Wi11
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,   %KSNAME_Wi11%, WDM.Interface.Wi11
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,  %KSNAME_Wi11%, WDM.Interface.Wi11

AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%,    %KSNAME_Md11%, WDM.Interface.Md11
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,   %KSNAME_Md11%, WDM.Interface.Md11
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,  %KSNAME_Md11%, WDM.Interface.Md11

AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%,    %KSNAME_Topology%,  WDM.Interface.Topology

[WDM.Interface.Wo11]
AddReg=WDM.Interface.Wo11.AddReg
[WDM.Interface.Wo11.AddReg]
HKR,,CLSID,,%Proxy.CLSID%
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%WDM.Wo11.szPname%

[WDM.Interface.Wi11]
AddReg=WDM.Interface.Wi11.AddReg
[WDM.Interface.Wi11.AddReg]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%WDM.Wi11.szPname%

[WDM.Interface.Md11]
AddReg=WDM.Interface.Md11.AddReg
[WDM.Interface.Md11.AddReg]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%WDM.Md11.szPname%

[WDM.Interface.Topology]
AddReg=WDM.Interface.Topo.AddReg
;; warning!! must be "Topo" because "Topology" is too long
[WDM.Interface.Topo.AddReg]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%WDM.Topology.szPname%

[Strings]
MfgName="Roland"

RDID0111DiskName="JUNO-Gi Driver Installation disk"
RDID0111DeviceDesc="JUNO-Gi"

Proxy.CLSID="{17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}"
KSCATEGORY_AUDIO="{6994AD04-93EF-11D0-A3CC-00A0C9223196}"
KSCATEGORY_RENDER="{65E8773E-8F56-11D0-A3B9-00A0C9223196}"
KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE="{65E8773D-8F56-11D0-A3B9-00A0C9223196}"

KSNAME_Wo11="WaveOut1-1"
WDM.Wo11.szPname="OUT (JUNO-Gi)"

KSNAME_Wi11="WaveIn1-1"
WDM.Wi11.szPname="IN (JUNO-Gi)"

KSNAME_Md11="Midi1-1"
WDM.Md11.szPname="JUNO-Gi"

KSNAME_Topology="Topology"
WDM.Topology.szPname="JUNO-Gi Mixer"

MediaCategories="SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaCategories"

WDM.To11.szPname="OUT"
WDM.Ti11.szPname="IN"
WDM.To11.szPname.GUID = "{41DC355F-EC2B-494a-BE55-8CA692530F63}"
WDM.Ti11.szPname.GUID = "{2CEBC780-0590-43f4-86F7-46927FD23D97}"

REG_MSZ = 0x00010000

EDITED FILE:

; Installation inf for the JUNO-Gi
;
; Copyright (c) 2013 Roland Corporation
;
[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"
Class=MEDIA
ClassGUID={4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Provider=%MfgName%
CatalogFile=RDID1111.CAT
DriverVer=09/30/2013,1.00.01.0000

[DestinationDirs]
RDID0111.Files.Asio    = 11
RDID0111.Files.User    = 11
RDID0111.Files.Inst    = 11
RDID0111.Files.As32    = 10,syswow64
RDID0111.Files.Ext    = 10,system32\drivers ; %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers
DefaultDestDir         = 10,system32\drivers ; %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers

[SourceDisksNames]
1=%RDID0111DiskName%,,

[SourceDiskSFiles]
RDWM1111.SYS=1
RDAS1111.DLL=1
RDDP1111.EXE=1
RDCP1111.CPL=1
RDCI1111.DLL=1
RDAW1111.DLL=1
RDAH1111.DAT=1

[Manufacturer]
%MfgName%=Roland,NTamd64.10,NTamd64.7

;[ControlFlags]
;ExcludeFromSelect=*

[Roland]
;; Windows7 - Windows XP 64
;; not supported

[Roland.NTamd64.10]
;; Windows10
%RDID0111DeviceDesc%=RDID0111Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_0123 ; JUNO-Gi

[Roland.NTamd64.7]
;; not supported

;===============================================================;

[RDID0111Install.NTamd64]
Include=ks.inf,wdmaudio.inf
Needs=KS.Registration,WDMAUDIO.Registration
CopyFiles=RDID0111.Files.User,RDID0111.Files.Ext,RDID0111.Files.Asio,RDID0111.Files.As32
AddReg=RDID0111AddReg

[RDID0111Install.NTamd64.CoInstallers]
AddReg=RDID0111CoInstallers.AddReg
CopyFiles=RDID0111.Files.Inst

[RDID0111CoInstallers.AddReg]
HKR,,CoInstallers32,%REG_MSZ%,"RdCi1111.dll,ProcCoInst"

[RDID0111AddReg]
HKR,,DevLoader,,"*ntkern"
HKR,,AssociatedFilters,,"wdmaud,swmidi,redbook"
HKR,,Driver,,rdwm1111.sys
HKR,,NTMPDriver,,"rdwm1111.sys"

HKR,Drivers,SubClasses,,"wave,midi,mixer"

HKR,Drivers\wave\wdmaud.drv,Driver,,wdmaud.drv
HKR,Drivers\midi\wdmaud.drv,Driver,,wdmaud.drv
HKR,Drivers\mixer\wdmaud.drv,Driver,,wdmaud.drv

HKR,Drivers\wave\wdmaud.drv,Description,,%RDID0111DeviceDesc%
HKR,Drivers\midi\wdmaud.drv, Description,,%RDID0111DeviceDesc%
HKR,Drivers\mixer\wdmaud.drv,Description,,%RDID0111DeviceDesc%

HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%WDM.To11.szPname.GUID%,Name,,%WDM.To11.szPname%
HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%WDM.To11.szPname.GUID%,Display,1,00,00,00,00
HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%WDM.Ti11.szPname.GUID%,Name,,%WDM.Ti11.szPname%
HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%WDM.Ti11.szPname.GUID%,Display,1,00,00,00,00

[RDID0111Install.NTamd64.Services]
AddService = RDID1111, 0x00000002, RDID0111_Service_Inst

[RDID0111_Service_Inst]
DisplayName   = %RDID0111DeviceDesc%
ServiceType   = 1                  ; SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER
StartType     = 3                  ; SERVICE_DEMAND_START
ErrorControl  = 1                  ; SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL
ServiceBinary = %10%\system32\Drivers\rdwm1111.sys

;;;
;;
[RDID0111.Files.Ext]
RDWM1111.sys

[RDID0111.Files.User]
RDCP1111.CPL
RDDP1111.EXE

[RDID0111.Files.Inst]
RDCI1111.DLL

[RDID0111.Files.Asio]
RDAS1111.DLL

[RDID0111.Files.As32]
RDAW1111.DLL
RDAH1111.DAT

[RDID0111Install.NTamd64.Interfaces]
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%,    %KSNAME_Wo11%, WDM.Interface.Wo11
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,   %KSNAME_Wo11%, WDM.Interface.Wo11
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,  %KSNAME_Wo11%, WDM.Interface.Wo11

AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%,    %KSNAME_Wi11%, WDM.Interface.Wi11
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,   %KSNAME_Wi11%, WDM.Interface.Wi11
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,  %KSNAME_Wi11%, WDM.Interface.Wi11

AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%,    %KSNAME_Md11%, WDM.Interface.Md11
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%,   %KSNAME_Md11%, WDM.Interface.Md11
AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%,  %KSNAME_Md11%, WDM.Interface.Md11

AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%,    %KSNAME_Topology%,  WDM.Interface.Topology

[WDM.Interface.Wo11]
AddReg=WDM.Interface.Wo11.AddReg
[WDM.Interface.Wo11.AddReg]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%WDM.Wo11.szPname%

[WDM.Interface.Wi11]
AddReg=WDM.Interface.Wi11.AddReg
[WDM.Interface.Wi11.AddReg]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%WDM.Wi11.szPname%

[WDM.Interface.Md11]
AddReg=WDM.Interface.Md11.AddReg
[WDM.Interface.Md11.AddReg]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%WDM.Md11.szPname%

[WDM.Interface.Topology]
AddReg=WDM.Interface.Topo.AddReg
;; warning!! must be "Topo" because "Topology" is too long
[WDM.Interface.Topo.AddReg]
HKR,,FriendlyName,,%WDM.Topology.szPname%

[Strings]
MfgName="Roland"

RDID0111DiskName="JUNO-Gi Driver Installation disk"
RDID0111DeviceDesc="JUNO-Gi"

Proxy.CLSID="{17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}"
KSCATEGORY_AUDIO="{6994AD04-93EF-11D0-A3CC-00A0C9223196}"
KSCATEGORY_RENDER="{65E8773E-8F56-11D0-A3B9-00A0C9223196}"
KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE="{65E8773D-8F56-11D0-A3B9-00A0C9223196}"

KSNAME_Wo11="WaveOut1-1"
WDM.Wo11.szPname="OUT (JUNO-Gi)"

KSNAME_Wi11="WaveIn1-1"
WDM.Wi11.szPname="IN (JUNO-Gi)"

KSNAME_Md11="Midi1-1"
WDM.Md11.szPname="JUNO-Gi"

KSNAME_Topology="Topology"
WDM.Topology.szPname="JUNO-Gi Mixer"

MediaCategories="SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaCategories"

WDM.To11.szPname="OUT"
WDM.Ti11.szPname="IN"
WDM.To11.szPname.GUID = "{41DC355F-EC2B-494a-BE55-8CA692530F63}"
WDM.Ti11.szPname.GUID = "{2CEBC780-0590-43f4-86F7-46927FD23D97}"

REG_MSZ = 0x00010000

And Voila! You have working Win10 Drivers! Thanks again OP!
Manolo
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 454
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/09/06 07:14:52 (permalink)
OGG, have you done the STEP 4 for drivers to work ? I tried with the additional line (for the VS-700C) but it doesn't work.

RME Fireface UC | Sonar Platinum x64/Windows 10 Pro x64| Superior 2.0 with all Toontrack soundbanks, Eastwest Complete Composer used in Kontakt 5, Ozone 5 | VS-700C, BCF 2000

OGG
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/09/06 13:15:23 (permalink)
Manolo
OGG, have you done the STEP 4 for drivers to work ? I tried with the additional line (for the VS-700C) but it doesn't work.

Manolo,

I would image that each individual device driver .inf file is going to have varying instances of nomenclature that represents the OS version it supports.

I was lucky with the Juno Gi file in that aside from the "6.2" instances that needed replacement, there was just one other line requiring an edit.

You may have to carefully scan the file and look for other lines that reference a windows build. Chances are pretty good you may have missed one (or more). Also take caution not to change lines that don't specifically relate to the windows build. You are going to see "8" appear in several lines as part of larger number or thread. Leave those alone.

If you look at the .inf files I posted above, the ones in bold are the only ones that were edited. Those should give you a good idea of what to look for.

Good luck!
Manolo
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 454
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/09/07 04:01:41 (permalink)
I made a comparison between .INF file for VS-700C and your file and it seems very close in the nomenclature. I checked for other places where I could make a change but I didn't find anything.

That said, if the drivers can work by changing 3 lines, I wonder why Roland do not do this themselves ?

RME Fireface UC | Sonar Platinum x64/Windows 10 Pro x64| Superior 2.0 with all Toontrack soundbanks, Eastwest Complete Composer used in Kontakt 5, Ozone 5 | VS-700C, BCF 2000

OGG
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/09/11 00:42:26 (permalink)
Manolo
I made a comparison between .INF file for VS-700C and your file and it seems very close in the nomenclature. I checked for other places where I could make a change but I didn't find anything.

That said, if the drivers can work by changing 3 lines, I wonder why Roland do not do this themselves ?

As tempting as it is for me to jump on the Roland WTF bandwagon, I'll just say that drivers are an incredibly tricky thing to get right, and isn't always a simple matter of changing a few lines of code. While I guess I got lucky in my case with the Juno Gi, that doesn't mean everyone else will be as lucky. In the Gi's case, the driver is pretty basic, since the implementation of the device/PC architecture is woefully minimal. It only provides a pathway for very, very basic communication. More complex devices that have things like visual editors are going to have much more complicated drivers. Since every new OS has improvements and changes in things like threading and resource allocation, the device drivers usually need to be able to work within those new parameters. Again, I guess I got lucky that the Gi is a relative turd burger with an almost entirely useless ability to connect to a PC.
tedmiami
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/09/14 07:28:37 (permalink)
With the help of Wookiee I managed to get my VS 20 up and running using method 1.

Did have a little snag after the prompt to plugin the VS 20's USB lead the driver seemed to hang.  Left it for a little while then checked device manager and it showed it all installed OK.  I opened X3 and checked it was working and it was.  So I rebooted the machine which resulted in it working fine.

Tunes and Songs
sailortown
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/09/14 15:25:32 (permalink)
hi amitte, thanks for the tip. method 2 worked a treat for my old trusty edirol sd-90.
many thanks
DANDERMAN123@DSLEXTREME.COM
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2015/10/10 17:21:47 (permalink)
This all begs the question as to whether there are any "improvements" in the Roland/Edirol Windows 10 drivers that are absent for the driver hacks discussed above.

Yes, I know that there can't be any such improvements for "missing" drivers, but what I am getting at is whether there are features in Windows 10 for which older instruments cannot take advantage because their hacked drivers are really Windows 8x. not Windows 10. Or are the Windows 10 drivers basically just Windows 8x drivers with minimal mods to recognize the new build?
post edited by DANDERMAN123@DSLEXTREME.COM - 2015/10/10 17:31:24
Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1