Helpful ReplyGuide to Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol Keyboards

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
cliffr
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 539
Re: Guide to Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol Keyboards 2018/03/04 11:39:50 (permalink)
dcumpian
Fleer
dcumpian
I have the S88 and I wouldn't want anything smaller. Moving octaves up and down all the time is a time/creativity killer to me.

Regards,
Dan

The main reason why I didn't go for the S88 was its heavy action, as I prefer synth keys.

It took some getting used to, coming from a Triton. But I love the action now. I find it much easier to control my dynamics.

Regards,
Dan

Thanks Dan, Glyn and to everyone else around here for all the good juice :-)

I'll have some spare money very shortly, so was looking for new keys. And like you Dan, 88 keys is the only recipe that interests me, so looking into the S88. All that octave switching is a royal PITA, and as you said ... time/creation killer !

I had a bunch of questions, but it looks like all the answers I was searching for at this point are here.

I was going to ask about the the S88 feel and response, but I think those words "I find it much easier to control my dynamics" spells it out pretty clearly for me.

Growing up on piano (we don't have one at home), I find it really frustrating at times with these "sprung synth" type keyboards, especially playing something that pushes the expressive boundaries from the most gentle end of the spectrum. On most keyboards I've used over the years I find myself struggling in quiet passages, with the dynamics being a bit sloppy. Sometimes I'd just think my playing was crap, and I'd better practice more.

Last weekend I was out at my Mothers place and got to have a good sit down at the piano I grew up with. It was like heaven playing that beautiful old beast, the feel, the control, totally consistent and flawless. Hard to beat a good "real piano" in some respects :-)

Cheers guys 'n' gals !
Kindest regards - Cliff

i7-950 24 GB, GTX 580, W7/64 Ultimate, Sonar Platinum, Alesis MasterControl, KRK Rokit RP8g2s
Some Real piano, basses, and guitars, Komplete 8Ultimate, Ibanez guitars, MusicLab RG/Strat/LPC, Trilian, Omnisphere, RMX, EWQL SO Platinum, Pianos, Choirs, VOP, Gypsy, Goliath, SD2, MOR, Ra, HS, HB, too many plugs, Midi controllers, and all kinds of weird gadgets
My Soundclick Page 
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1