H/W Outs

Author
cpkoch
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 345
2018/12/08 22:28:34 (permalink)

H/W Outs

Maybe it;s been there right along but I seem to have somethignner in the Console  View.  It's called H/W Outs.  This coupled with an error message when I open SPLAT that suggests my Master, Metronome, and Preview buses are all connected to silent hardware is giving me fits.  The only "bus" that I am able to get sound out of is the one that is titled H/W Outs that has in the track labe the Term "YmhStUAU2201L".  It's been a while since I've used SPLAT (or CbB for that matter) but I don't recall ever having seen that "bus" show up, and have problems such as I am experiencing now.  Any suggestions are welcomed!

Sonar Platinum, HP Z210 Desktop PC,  Windows 10  64 Bit, 12  GB RAM,  Steinberg UR22 Interface Unit,  M-Audio Keyboard Studio USB MIDI Keyboard, APEX-TK -Condenser Unidirectional MIC, Audio Technica AT2020 USB MIC

7 Replies Related Threads

Bristol_Jonesey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16775
    Re: H/W Outs 2018/12/08 22:51:56 (permalink)
    That bus is your route to the outside world and is connecting to, I would, guess, some sort of Yamaha device (interface probably)

You must ensure that ALL other busses route eventually to this bus, either directly or via a number of intermediate busses.

it is the one bus which any version of Sonar will create automatically for you when you start a new project
    All other busses must be created by you (or via a template)

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
    Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
    Jesse G
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4282
    Re: H/W Outs 2018/12/08 23:00:36 (permalink)
    Just make sure that your buses are assigned to the outs of your Audio I/O.
    Select the Master Bus and select Output 1/2
    Select the Metronome Bus and select the Out for that
    Select the Preview Bus and select the Out for that.

Check your normal Template or your startup template and check the outputs for that Template and then re-save the template.
    ~~ Also ~~
    With Cakewalk Opened, Hit the letter "P"
    Check you devices to make sure your I/O drivers being used are selected.

Peace,
    Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
    ==============================
    Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    cpkoch
    Re: H/W Outs 2018/12/09 01:47:24 (permalink)
    Thanks for your prompt reply.  Because I don't remember ever seeing this bus before is it something new to CbB or has it been well hidden over the years? 

For whatever it is worth, I followed your instructions and started a new CbB session, set up the Normal template and looked for the H/W OUts bus and could not locate is in the Console view.  I saved the template with a unique name.  

I hit the letter "P" and found the Yamaha Steinberg AI unit for both Input and Output.

When I go back to the session during which I have the error message and the H/W Outs issue... that both remain.  Should I dump  that effort and start anew? or is there a way of fixing it?

Sonar Platinum, HP Z210 Desktop PC,  Windows 10  64 Bit, 12  GB RAM,  Steinberg UR22 Interface Unit,  M-Audio Keyboard Studio USB MIDI Keyboard, APEX-TK -Condenser Unidirectional MIC, Audio Technica AT2020 USB MIC

Jesse G
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4282
    Re: H/W Outs 2018/12/09 04:54:26 (permalink)
    So your Master bus has the Yamaha Steinberg AI unit listed as Output.
    Then delete the Metronome and Preview Bus and add them back.
    Select the Yamaha Steinberg AI unit a their outputs and you should be fine.
    Click Save.

Peace,
    Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
    ==============================
    Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: H/W Outs 2018/12/09 15:25:26 (permalink)
    The H/W outs has been there for a long time. It used to me called 'Mains'.
    You should be able to hide/show it with a button or one of the preferences.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Cactus Music
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: H/W Outs 2018/12/09 17:05:50 (permalink)
    It's always been there but usually hidden. In the Console view if you go to the right, drag your output busses ( Master etc) over to the middle then go back to the far right edge until you get a double arrow cursor, now hold and drag it into view. 
    It will also show in the track inspector if you have no tracks in a project, open the blank project template. You'll see the Master buss and the Interface buss. 99% of the time we don't need to see them or make changes. Only if you have a multi output interface and you are using those for outboard processing or headphone mixes. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

cpkoch
    Re: H/W Outs 2018/12/09 22:47:57 (permalink)
    Thanks everyone for your help!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1