Helpful ReplyHarrison Mixbus Offer

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
GregRband
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: Harrison Mixbus Offer 2017/12/02 00:43:17 (permalink)
telecharge
AdmiralBumbleBee
Actually, if you read my conclusion, I look upon Mixbus very favourably.

I didn't say otherwise. I was just talking about the plug-ins, and trying to figure out if they're worth the extra scratch.

Did you watch the Harrison videos on these plugins?..... with headphones/studio monitors? I agree, if you don’t really need them, probably sway on not getting them, but if see a need or a fit, they work and sound great! I love the auto fade into presets to help visually see what hearing, etc.
AdmiralBumbleBee
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Harrison Mixbus Offer 2017/12/02 01:19:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby GregRband 2017/12/02 01:35:58
GregRband
telecharge
AdmiralBumbleBee

I didn't say otherwise. I was just talking about the plug-ins, and trying to figure out if they're worth the extra scratch.

Did you watch the Harrison videos on these plugins?..... with headphones/studio monitors? I agree, if you don’t really need them, probably sway on not getting them, but if see a need or a fit, they work and sound great! I love the auto fade into presets to help visually see what hearing, etc.

Not only did I watch the videos, use each of them for at least 10 full hours minimum (I do time this with manytricks timesink), but I was in direct contact with Harrison while I did my review. They are a group of awesome people.

You can safely add 30% value (to my rating) to any of the plugins if they are on sale. However for what they offer, and their MSRP, I think my ratings are fair.

I should mention that I consider these reviews compared to what else you can buy in the market right now for a similar price. So something like XT-ME, which is not a bad EQ, gets a very low rating because it offers very little compared to what I could get for $109 elsewhere. I can think of a dozen plugins that offer more for the same price or less with similar or better quality.

I really need to make these things more clear in my reviews. I will pay attention to that in the future.
GregRband
Re: Harrison Mixbus Offer 2017/12/02 01:40:08 (permalink)
AdmiralBumbleBee
GregRband
telecharge
AdmiralBumbleBee

Not only did I watch the videos, use each of them for at least 10 full hours minimum (I do time this with manytricks timesink), but I was in direct contact with Harrison while I did my review. They are a group of awesome people.

You can safely add 30% value (to my rating) to any of the plugins if they are on sale. However for what they offer, and their MSRP, I think my ratings are fair.

I should mention that I consider these reviews compared to what else you can buy in the market right now for a similar price. So something like XT-ME, which is not a bad EQ, gets a very low rating because it offers very little compared to what I could get for $109 elsewhere. I can think of a dozen plugins that offer more for the same price or less with similar or better quality.

I really need to make these things more clear in my reviews. I will pay attention to that in the future.

Lol, I actually meant that comment for the other guy, telecharge, since he is trying to figure out if they work for him or not. Appreciate your comments back tho. I agree, guys at Harrison have been very nice to work with over the past few years whenever needed. Love their video tutorials, and the mixer sounds amazing too! It’s not a great fit for everyone I get, I don’t particularly like the editor side of things for my brain/skill set, but the mixer makes up for it! I agree on your pricing comment too, I bought mine on sale, one or two singles, then the essentials pack on a past sale offer. Worked for me that way.
AdmiralBumbleBee
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Harrison Mixbus Offer 2017/12/02 02:08:42 (permalink)
Great, 2 posts here and I've already screwed up twice. 

edit: Ugh. I had 3 posts. It's ok, that means 3 screw ups. I'm still at 1:1 except for this post. I'll be sure to keep my screw up to post ratio high.
GregRband
Re: Harrison Mixbus Offer 2017/12/02 02:17:36 (permalink)
AdmiralBumbleBee
Great, 2 posts here and I've already screwed up twice. 

edit: Ugh. I had 3 posts. It's ok, that means 3 screw ups. I'm still at 1:1 except for this post. I'll be sure to keep my screw up to post ratio high.

Lmao, no worries. With 1k new post comments an hour here these days, it’s easy to do. Cheers
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1