Helpful ReplyHarrison Mixbus - has anyone used it?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
toonertik
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Harrison Mixbus - has anyone used it? 2017/12/15 14:58:23 (permalink)
gbowling
How can you download mixbus plugs to demo? I don't mind demo'ing them in the generic-gui mode but can't seem to find how to download them. Not sure how you get them to try in generic mode.

I'm using S1P for recording, but am considering using mixbus (I purchased the essentials bundle too) for final mixing and mastering from stems. But I'm trying to decide which other plugs (if any) from mixbus that I should buy for my purpose. Would be nice to demo them prior to making a decision.

thanks, gabo

They all come in your installation!
Select track> right click where you see the EQ/Comp/Fader inserts on either the mixer or left side of arranger.
Choose "New plugin..." go to "By Creator.." find Harrison >> Voila ))))
I'll let you discover how to get the generic GUI... ;)

Colin 
post edited by toonertik - 2017/12/15 15:21:06
bdickens
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 847
Re: Harrison Mixbus - has anyone used it? 2017/12/15 17:38:00 (permalink)
Much is made of the "high CPU load 'issue'" by people who really don't understand how the software is designed. Harrison addresses it in their FAQ. The gist of what they say is that the eq and compressor are always available, so it's like you have an eq and compressor plugin inserted on every channel.

Byron Dickens
gbowling
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 315
Re: Harrison Mixbus - has anyone used it? 2017/12/15 18:13:07 (permalink)
toonertik
Select track> right click where you see the EQ/Comp/Fader inserts on either the mixer or left side of arranger.

Ah, very nice! Thanks that will help a lot, I have no issue buying them after I figure out what I want.

Thanks, gabo

bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: Harrison Mixbus - has anyone used it? 2017/12/15 18:28:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby clintmartin 2017/12/17 22:00:12
clintmartin
My birthday is tomorrow! I'll be 49.

Happy Birthday Clint.
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Harrison Mixbus - has anyone used it? 2017/12/15 19:47:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby clintmartin 2017/12/17 22:00:27
toonertik
kennywtelejazz

Now that we are clear , I can say that I am able to demo the plug w out restriction while using the generic GUI  & I am able to put it through its paces ...
For the record , I choose to use only the plugs from Harrison that I have purchased ...

It's called integrity

all the best ,

Kenny

Yes Kenny, I found that trick a few months ago and was gonna keep it ssshhh and let the paid user discover this if they dig around forums etc >>"I call it integrity" ;), and I very very rarely use it as I have other suitable VST's but for sure Harrison have been doing this on a very professional level for many years... they know their stuff.
Glad you bought it Kevin,
I use other DAWs to create in but to render the stems and mix in MB is quiet an experience... you will HEAR the difference.. not all DAWs sound the same if the are designed to sound "their" way... not an argument about the so called "Digital engine debate"... Harrison deliberately add their magic>>> enjoy))
Colin. 

Now here's somebody that knows what I'm talking about ...thank you for sharing

kevmsmith81
gbowling
How can you download mixbus plugs to demo? I don't mind demo'ing them in the generic-gui mode but can't seem to find how to download them. Not sure how you get them to try in generic mode.

I'm using S1P for recording, but am considering using mixbus (I purchased the essentials bundle too) for final mixing and mastering from stems. But I'm trying to decide which other plugs (if any) from mixbus that I should buy for my purpose. Would be nice to demo them prior to making a decision.

thanks, gabo

I think someone said if you get sent a project file from someone who uses those plugins they'll come up for you. 

As mentioned , the plugs are already installed in Mixbus ...

The very fact that Harrison allows it's users to collaborate in a seamless fashion and workflow regardless of what they have unlocked is a testament to Harrisons commitment to their customers

Hypothetically speaking , any person here on this thread could create a Mixbus project in an OS platform that they prefer to use and have ..
Having done so they can then send out the project to a person that uses a different OS and the person w lets say a Mac can open up the Harrison project that came from a PC .
The second person can now  edit it , mix it and pile on a bunch of Harrison plugs w all their tweaks and settings ..
Then the Mixbus project can be sent back to the person that had sent out the bare bones mix / project ...
Once that project is opened all the edits  , plugs and setting will be retained ...
Even in the simplest use of terms , a person may have just gotten an education in music production

Please allow your self to spend a moment to consider what I am talking about here

Now I know there is somebody out there reading this with their arms crossed because I can feel the vibes coming at me from my computer screen

Now to a degree what I have mentioned can be done in most multiple platform DAW''s  ...
Just so you know , on PC and Mac I run a number of contemporary DAW's that run great and allow me to start a project on a PC , then edit it on a Mac while adding  new content (Audio and Midi ) and bring it back over to my PC and have it play perfectly ...
Reaper , Trackton Waveform 8 , Mixbus 4 , SO3 Pro , Ableton Live + many other DAW's  I may not have can be very Multiple OS / hardware friendly .....that's a given we all know that
Not even a single DAW I have just mentioned will allow me to work across multiple hardware and OS configurations and allow me to open and use plugs I do not have unlocked ...
As I have mentioned before Harrison has provided that Professional  Courtesy to all Mixbus Users 

toonertik
gbowling

thanks, gabo

Colin 

Hello Colin , I am very glad you are helping out here in this thread .
thank you

bdickens
Much is made of the "high CPU load 'issue'" by people who really don't understand how the software is designed. Harrison addresses it in their FAQ. The gist of what they say is that the eq and compressor are always available, so it's like you have an eq and compressor plugin inserted on every channel.

@bdickens ,

Yes ,  I can see clearly that you get it

Now lets bump it up and take it over the top ..

The moment a Mixbus user decides to take a track and sent it out to any of the available Mixbus's a person has effectively increased their ability to sculpt and alter their sounds they are creating  in a very versatile way ...

This is especially true even if they did not add a third party plug .

The basic Mixbus track has very good plugs on it ...It includes all the typical Harrison Mixbus mojo ..plus they have the ability to be routed out to the Mixbus's ..
The actual Mixbus's them self's have the drive and a few other on board settings and plugs that are right there in plain view waiting to be used if one chooses to do so .
The Mixbus lay out makes it possible to have a very high level of control and extreme versatility w out having to go on a plugin search and rescue reconnaissance mission to find a plug you think you need when in fact you don't 

nice talking  you ....

Happy Birth Day Clint

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

toonertik
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Harrison Mixbus - has anyone used it? 2017/12/15 20:36:01 (permalink)
Hi Kenny
Yes, it's always good to share info and Technics we have learnt on this journey... oh and to keep learning.
I started way way back in 1968 doing sound for school plays and such.. I had at my disposal 2 old British Ferrograph VALVE tape machines, weighed about 45 lbs/20Kg each.. (I bought one in 1981 for £15/ $20 and used in in my old studio just to mix out of 1 computer through a Drawmer_Comp into the Ferro then another computer)
Quick story>>> in 1975 I got to work for Trident wiring up A and B series consoles... they started life with us getting the blue print and cutting a piece of timber to which we would add nails (no PCB_Motherboard). To the nails we would slip on the edge connectors then hand wire all the busses... hand looming all other wiring as we went.. 
I got involved with live sound engineering and studio work... worked with some great engineers during my "apprenticeship" and used some great famous gear but never a Harrison desk in UK, which I saw at exhibitions and read about ;))) 
I tried MB at version 3.xxx? and then Harrison made me the offer that you can't refuse.
The first time I brought in stems... oh man , I was back in the 70's 80's mixing with a big grin on my face.. you will know THAT grin>> I have heard some of your soundcloud... loved most the F jazz pieces from those I have listened to so far.
I also have Samplitude and there is a great guy Kraznet who gives incredible advise and tuts on youtube... we take .. and we should give )))
Good to chat to you as well 
Colin
Vilovilo
  • Total Posts : 335
Re: Harrison Mixbus - has anyone used it? 2017/12/16 17:19:48 (permalink)
Ok,
Now is the right time to wish you a cool and happy Birthday........
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Harrison Mixbus - has anyone used it? 2017/12/17 21:05:59 (permalink)
toonertik
Hi Kenny
Yes, it's always good to share info and Technics we have learnt on this journey... oh and to keep learning.
I started way way back in 1968 doing sound for school plays and such.. I had at my disposal 2 old British Ferrograph VALVE tape machines, weighed about 45 lbs/20Kg each.. (I bought one in 1981 for £15/ $20 and used in in my old studio just to mix out of 1 computer through a Drawmer_Comp into the Ferro then another computer)
Quick story>>> in 1975 I got to work for Trident wiring up A and B series consoles... they started life with us getting the blue print and cutting a piece of timber to which we would add nails (no PCB_Motherboard). To the nails we would slip on the edge connectors then hand wire all the busses... hand looming all other wiring as we went.. 
I got involved with live sound engineering and studio work... worked with some great engineers during my "apprenticeship" and used some great famous gear but never a Harrison desk in UK, which I saw at exhibitions and read about ;))) 
I tried MB at version 3.xxx? and then Harrison made me the offer that you can't refuse.
The first time I brought in stems... oh man , I was back in the 70's 80's mixing with a big grin on my face.. you will know THAT grin>> I have heard some of your soundcloud... loved most the F jazz pieces from those I have listened to so far.
I also have Samplitude and there is a great guy Kraznet who gives incredible advise and tuts on youtube... we take .. and we should give )))
Good to chat to you as well 
Colin

Hi Colin ,

Clearly you have been around ...
I made the rounds back in the day in N.Y.C. as a player a little later on in the mid 70's ..
I wound up being a sub in a Broadway Show  B..L...Whorehouse in Texas (original show ).
Then I started working my way into  doing some session work in some of N. Y. C. top studios as a for lack of a better term a C list player .
A C list player is the guy you call when you can't get the one you Love , and you can't stand the one your with
Yes sir , that's when peoples backs are up against the wall and the have to try someone new

Here and now is not the place to do my resume . I got around pretty good considering , and  I did get to do a few things here and there w some great people
I think that was due largely in part because my only focus was as a player .
Back then ever body always made the push of bringing their band or having their songs recorded in a professional recording studio so I kept my skills up in that area and I didn't get in the engineers way  ..

Now a days as we all know things are a lot different ..

nice talking w you all the best,

Kenny

PS , I Love Samp .....Pro X 2 user here and I have Pro X 3 waiting in the wings  to be installed ...

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Vilovilo
Re: Harrison Mixbus - has anyone used it? 2017/12/19 22:12:44 (permalink)
Hi,
Well after a first try in recording audio with this software ,I have to admit that ,at least for me,there is something quite intuitive in the workflow: grouping options ,keyboard shortcut placed at the right side of the keyboard and little things...
Will come back when time will come to be confronted with editing.
Cheers.
Olivier.
Vilovilo
Re: Harrison Mixbus - has anyone used it? 2017/12/21 21:57:36 (permalink)
Hi again...
So at this point,I think I will give a try to Linux ..
The thing is that there are some vsti's I use quite a lot which are Z3ta2 and Rapture Pro.
Anyone knows if it is possible to integrate them?
Thanks.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1