Hi. Still here-just.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
blipp
Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7006
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 05:34:20 (permalink)
bandontherun19

Damn Blipp, I'm really sorry to hear that and I feal your pain, I didn't suffer the same debilitating effects, but I'm sure they were on the way... I've tried to relax more and not get stressed like I was there for a long time. I'm glad to hear you're doing better. I know it took a good 10 or 15 years off my lifespan. At some point you have to try to mellow out or you'll explode :-(

I listened to your tunes, things happen and falling, I was pleased to hear some melodic elements with the keys in things happen, the very pleasantly surprised to hear the guitar and melodic elements in falling :-) I would tone down those snare sounds in falling, and maybe replace them, but I know it’s your schtik.
Peace,
Robby.

Cheers Robby.

Have you had a stroke too?   Glad to see you recovered from it and i know where you're coming from when you say it stressed you out a lot.  

Fortunately, i suffered no physical after effects, but it has turned me into a very nervous person and some days i get really scared and can't go out. 

The doctors keep reasuring me that it's unlikely i will have another stroke now that i'm on medication, but sometimes that is'nt enough for me.  I am better than i was though and i'm hoping the councilling will help me out with this.

Thanks for the  comments on my tracks, apreciate it.  Yep, i do like my percussion to be quite prominent and it does go with the genre really.  Glad you picked up on the melodic elements as i do try to be as melodic as i can.
Scottytunes
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5695
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 06:50:48 (permalink)
Holy Bageeezus! What a frightful time you've been through! So glad that you're on the mend from all that. Loving your tunes very much. They put me in just the right place for the day. Thank you for the tunes and for letting us know that you're alive. Long live the Blipp man!

String Jammer
blipp
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 07:03:10 (permalink)
Scottytunes

Holy Bageeezus! What a frightful time you've been through! So glad that you're on the mend from all that. Loving your tunes very much. They put me in just the right place for the day. Thank you for the tunes and for letting us know that you're alive. Long live the Blipp man!

Many thanks Scotty for your very kind words.  Very much appreciated.   :-)
Scottytunes
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5695
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 07:08:43 (permalink)
You're entirely welcome, Blipp. Welcome back! BTW, I have a new toy arriving today that would be right up your alley. (Motif XF8)

String Jammer
blipp
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 09:29:28 (permalink)
Scottytunes

You're entirely welcome, Blipp. Welcome back! BTW, I have a new toy arriving today that would be right up your alley. (Motif XF8)

Cheers Scotty. Nice to be back on the forum.

WOW. Did'nt know what the motif was, but i just googled it and it looks amazing.  Yep i'd love one of those, but my bank account probably would'nt.  Congrats on your new toy. I bet you can't wait for it to arrive.  It looks awesome.:-)
Rimshot
Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4625
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 09:43:42 (permalink)
Hi Blipp, welcome back.   I really like your songs.  Great time signature changes on the first one.  Sounds good on my system.  Hang tough and keep up your composing.

All the best.

Rimshot

Rimshot 

Sonar Platinum 64 (Lifer), Studio One V3.5, Notion 6, Steinberg UR44, Zoom R24, Purrrfect Audio Pro Studio DAW (Case: Silent Mid Tower, Power Supply: 600w quiet, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz (8 threads), RAM: 16GB DDR3/1600 
, OS drive: 1TB HD, Audio drive: 1TB HD), Windows 10 x64 Anniversary, Equator D5 monitors, Faderport, FP8, Akai MPK261
sja
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 174
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 09:48:45 (permalink)
Sorry to hear about your health problems. All the best for a speedy recovery.

I think your tunes are great. Very interesting. Very impressive.

Sounds like a lot of work went into both of them. Very enjoyable.

Thanks,

sja

--
Some of my band tunes (Country/Bluegrass/Roots)
www.soundclick.com/RustyPickers

The Rusty Pickers CD
www.cdbaby.com/cd/rustypickers

Some of my solo tunes (a bit of everything)
www.soundclick.com/thecontrolrhythmaires 

blipp
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 12:27:15 (permalink)
Rimshot

Hi Blipp, welcome back.   I really like your songs.  Great time signature changes on the first one.  Sounds good on my system.  Hang tough and keep up your composing.

All the best.

Rimshot

Thanks a lot Rimshot. Appreciated.

pleased you dug the tracks.

blipp
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 12:28:21 (permalink)
sja

Sorry to hear about your health problems. All the best for a speedy recovery.

I think your tunes are great. Very interesting. Very impressive.

Sounds like a lot of work went into both of them. Very enjoyable.

Thanks,

sja

Cheers sja.

Thanks for the kind words and glad you liked the tunes.
Marshall
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 602
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 12:41:08 (permalink)
Hi John

I am quite new here and not heard your music before, but I really love Falling in particular. Just great integration of different electronic textures with the acoustic guitar - very clever, and enough going on to keep the interest up for the full five minutes. Keep healthy my friend, and look forward to hearing more of your stuff soon. 

Bill
evadianepug
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4477
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 13:26:26 (permalink)
Hey, buddy, really nice to hear from you.  I've had open heart surgery since we communicated.  I'm doing fine after some complications and, yes, I thank God that I am doing as well as I am.  I say this so you will know that recovery is what you can look forward to.  I have really missed you, old friend.  We need to do another song some day.  I thank God for taking care of you, AND YOUR SISTER for helping.  :-)  Isn't it great to have family who steps up?!  You are a beloved person on this forum and we are happy you are up and kickin".  Stay in touch.  warren@acsource.com I have your email but I don't know if it's still good.  Drop a line!

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
SonarX3
blipp
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 15:08:49 (permalink)
Marshall

Hi John

I am quite new here and not heard your music before, but I really love Falling in particular. Just great integration of different electronic textures with the acoustic guitar - very clever, and enough going on to keep the interest up for the full five minutes. Keep healthy my friend, and look forward to hearing more of your stuff soon. 

Bill

Many thanks Bill for those words and i appreciate your words on my music. Glad you liked it.

Cheers.
blipp
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 15:21:08 (permalink)
evadianepug

Hey, buddy, really nice to hear from you.  I've had open heart surgery since we communicated.  I'm doing fine after some complications and, yes, I thank God that I am doing as well as I am.  I say this so you will know that recovery is what you can look forward to.  I have really missed you, old friend.  We need to do another song some day.  I thank God for taking care of you, AND YOUR SISTER for helping.  :-)  Isn't it great to have family who steps up?!  You are a beloved person on this forum and we are happy you are up and kickin".  Stay in touch.  warren@acsource.com I have your email but I don't know if it's still good.  Drop a line!

Hi Warren old buddy.  Great to hear from you. :-)

Fantastic news to hear you're recovering well from your surgery, it must have been a very stressful time for you and your family.    If God was gonna look after anyone it was you as you are one of the nicest guys on this forum.

Yep i'm blessed to have such a great sister and i don't know what i'd have done without her to be honest. 

Yes we've gotta do another track together. The vocals you did for me on that cover track we did were wonderful. Blew me away. Especially good considering you were'nt familiar with the original version.

I've got some riffs for a rock track i plan to do this year and you are  top of the list for the vocals.

Cheers again Warren.  If you have the googlemail email adress for me then that should be ok.
batsbrew
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10037
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 17:37:57 (permalink)
get better blipp!!

things happen:
opening sequence made me think of prince, when does cry

cool slippery bass riff....
think the snare would be more effective bone dry. actually, a different sample would be nice, something paper thin and dry.
would balance well against the ambience of the rest of it.

Bats Brew music Streaming
Bats Brew albums:
"Trouble"
"Stay"
"The Time is Magic"
--
Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

blipp
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/21 05:10:19 (permalink)
batsbrew

get better blipp!!

things happen:
opening sequence made me think of prince, when does cry

cool slippery bass riff....
think the snare would be more effective bone dry. actually, a different sample would be nice, something paper thin and dry.
would balance well against the ambience of the rest of it.

Many thanks batsbrew.

Cheers for checking out the music.  Never thought of the pricne track comparison before, but now you come to mention it i see where you're coming from.

jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/21 11:22:10 (permalink)
Glad to see you back John, sorry to hear you've been unwell. As always, your music sounds excellent to me.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
blipp
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/21 13:02:30 (permalink)
jamesg1213

Glad to see you back John, sorry to hear you've been unwell. As always, your music sounds excellent to me.

Thanks for you kind words James. Very much appreciated.

Glad you enjoyed the music. 
Janet
  • Total Posts : 8094
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/29 21:33:37 (permalink)
So sorry to hear of your troubles, John.  Glad it wasn't any worse and I hope you're back as good as new really soon.  I've missed you around here too, although I haven't been around nearly as much due to so many other things going on in life (not bad...just too many sometimes.)  :)  Your tracks sound great as always.  

Warren wrote me a week or so ago and asked where I'd been and told me you were back on the forum!  :)  
blipp
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/05/01 06:51:01 (permalink)
Janet

So sorry to hear of your troubles, John.  Glad it wasn't any worse and I hope you're back as good as new really soon.  I've missed you around here too, although I haven't been around nearly as much due to so many other things going on in life (not bad...just too many sometimes.)  :)  Your tracks sound great as always.  

Warren wrote me a week or so ago and asked where I'd been and told me you were back on the forum!  :)  

Many thanks Janet for your kind words and for listening to my tracks. Nice to hear from you.
Freddy J
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2348
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/05/01 15:32:45 (permalink)
Hi Blipp. 
I am really very sorry for all the troubles that you have been experiencing this year.  I sincerely hope that you are back on the road to good health and hope that things turn around for you.  I can certainly relate to your flooding incident as the same thing happened to me last year.  It took about 6 months before the damage was finally cleaned up. Hopefully, it won't take you that long. 
As usually you new stuff sounds great and is wonderfully done.  You are quite a talent and I am glad that you got them posted.  After all you are the guy that got me interested in this electronica music (and liking it), so I hope you remain active in posting more.  Music is medicine also -- you know. ;>)
I wish you a speedy and complete recovery and do as your doctor advises.
Best regards,

Freddy J

blipp
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/05/03 06:41:31 (permalink)
Freddy J

Hi Blipp. 
I am really very sorry for all the troubles that you have been experiencing this year.  I sincerely hope that you are back on the road to good health and hope that things turn around for you.  I can certainly relate to your flooding incident as the same thing happened to me last year.  It took about 6 months before the damage was finally cleaned up. Hopefully, it won't take you that long. 
As usually you new stuff sounds great and is wonderfully done.  You are quite a talent and I am glad that you got them posted.  After all you are the guy that got me interested in this electronica music (and liking it), so I hope you remain active in posting more.  Music is medicine also -- you know. ;>)
I wish you a speedy and complete recovery and do as your doctor advises.
Best regards,

Freddy J

Hi Freddy. Great to hear from you again,

Thank you so much  for your kind words of encouragement. Very much appreciated.

Yeah the after effects of the flooding are taking quite a while to sort out.  The damp was substantial and nothing can be done untill everything is completely dried out. There are dehumidifiers there going 24/7 at the moment and i'm glad i won't have to pay the electricity bill, but it seems to be taking ages. Hopefully it will be dry enough soon. 

shawn@trustmedia.tv
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2136
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/05/03 13:38:47 (permalink)
Hey Blipp, I battle with mental illness on and off so I hope you get better!

Studio SONAR X3. Axiom 25 midi controller, DUNE 2, Producer Content, Good Times, Bandlab Mojo

CreatingNoise
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1666
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/05/03 22:24:57 (permalink)
Glad you are still with us Blipp.  Hope your recovery goes well and quickly.

Things Happen is a nice mix of cool sounds and a good groove.   I especially dig the groove that takes over at about 5:00 ish.  Reminiscent of Alan Parsons.  Very nice.

Nice guitar work in Falling.  Very cool the way you revolve around that.  I'm not a big fan of distorted drum/cymbal sounds but this one works very well.  Nice work.

Hope things continue to improve for you.
thepogue
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2458
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/05/07 05:30:52 (permalink)
Brudda Blipset!!...man I am so sorry to hear you had a spell! God is wathcin you bro!...keep on the meds...relax...and just keep getting well! I've been gone a bit myself so I am glad to have run into you and your still kickin..if you ever need anything PM me!! talk soon bro!
thepogue
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/05/07 05:31:52 (permalink)
BTW great to your your stuff again as well!
blipp
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/05/08 07:01:32 (permalink)
Big thanks Shawn, Tony and Tom for the nice words.  Appreciate it very much.

Sorry i'm late replying, but i've been going through a bit of a rough patch the last few days, not feeling too good.
thepogue
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/05/08 07:51:43 (permalink)
Prayers bro..hang in there!!!
theguitarplayer
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3523
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/06/05 00:53:07 (permalink)
Sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad you made it through to today. Take care of yourself and let the stress go. The high power was and is God and you get to know Him through Jesus Christ. I know Him and He knows me. He has shown you His grace and love and all He asks for is yours in return. I really liked falling, the guitar sounds are awesome and peaceful. The tune guves you a sense of warmth. Very nice production. Stay healthy and be in good spirits. Blessings, John

Sonar X3 Studio, Acid Pro 7, Sound Forge Pro 9, Sonicfire Pro 5, Kinetic 2, Cinescore, HP Pavilion dv7, CORE i7, Q-740, 8gb Ram, Windows 7- 64 bit, 4 tb mem , Audiobox USB, Digitech GNX4, Gibson SG1 & SG3, Martin J65M, Washburn Custom Cumberland, 3 Marshall Amps, Casio 365 Keyboard, M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32,  Behringer Truth Monitors, Garritan Aria, EWQLCC, Alloy 2, Ozone 6, Melodyne 

http://www.soundclick.com/JohnRKennedy
LpMike75
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1621
Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/06/05 01:15:18 (permalink)
Hey Blipp -
    Sorry to hear of your health problems, glad your doing ok now without lasting effects from the stroke(s).  Also sorry to hear about your burst pipe, hope it didn't destroy any music equipment.  I hope you find peace in your life, wether through meditation or other means.  (music?)

The mix and mastering sounded great to me on both tunes.  As always, they had a nice Blipp touch which gives the listener an imaginary world to daydream off to

- Mike
Sonar Platinum - M-Audio Profire 2626 , Pro Tools 11 HD Omni - PC I7 6850K - 64 G RAM - GeForce GTX 970
http://www.soundcloud.com/michael-lizotte 
Http://WWW.HomeRecordingWizard.Com
HTTP://WWW.Facebook.com/HomeRecordingWizard
Http://www.mjlmusic.com 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1