Hi. Still here-just.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
blipp
Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7006
2012/04/19 09:00:31 (permalink)

Hi. Still here-just.

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well.

I've been away for a few months due to illness.

Just after christmas i had a very sudden and unexpected loss of consciousness and collapsed at mid-day on my living room floor. I did'nt realise i had collapsed untill  i woke up and got up off the floor.  I was very disorientated and i looked at my watch to see i'd been in a coma for one and a half hours, but it seemed like only a split second to me.

It was a very bizarre and frightening experience. 

A few days later i had a similar sort of incident. 

I was admitted to hospital where they did loads of tests on me. The CT scan on my head revealed that i had had two strokes due to a clot and a bleed on my brain. 
 The final conclusion of my tests wa that my strokes where due to my dangerously high blood pressure which had been caused by all the stress and depression i'd been dealing with over the past few years.

I'm on medication now to help prevent it happening again, but theres still some way to go untill it's all sorted out. I think i'm getting there slowly.

The doctor told me that i'm very lucky to be alive, so i thank God or whoever it was that decided my time is'nt quite up yet.

When i left hospital i moved in with my sister as i was scared to be alone, but to add insult to injury, my own house got flooded from a burst pipe, making it uninhabitable.

Fortunately, the landlord has been very sympathetic and is in the process of repairing the damage and doing it all up for me. Keeps my faith in human nature. :-)

My sister has limited internet on a very basic laptop and it has very poor audio capabilites (The speakers sound very tinny and quiet.) Better than nothing though.

Just before all this happened to me i'd remastered some tracks for a possible album, but it's all had to be put on hold. I also started another colab with Julianna as the others we did had been so much fun, but that got interupted too. I plan to get back to these when i'm back on my own computer, whenever that may be.

I managed to upload a couple of thos tracks to soundcloud so i'd be very greatful if some of you could take a listen and comment on my mastering.

http://soundcloud.com/usb-2/things-happen
http://soundcloud.com/usb-2/falling

The first one has a bit of a jazzy influence and the second one was expanded from a couple of guitar loops i made on my electric and acoustic guitars.

Sorry for the long post.   Thanks again.
                                     John.

post edited by blipp - 2012/04/19 09:06:04

58 Replies Related Threads

jamesyoyo
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3460
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 09:19:16 (permalink)
    Sorry for the problems in the Blip-verse, my friend. Hope things go smoother for you from here on out.
    blipp
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 09:24:12 (permalink)
    jamesyoyo

Sorry for the problems in the Blip-verse, my friend. Hope things go smoother for you from here on out.

Many thanks James.
    It's certainly has been an eventful start to my year.  Should be getting some stability in the coming months, hopefully.

notnat
    Max Output Level: -23 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5236
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 09:31:19 (permalink)
    sounds like you have angels watching over you... I hope they keep you safe, John... I love your music, and these two pieces are tops... welcome back...
    blipp
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 09:33:56 (permalink)
    notnat

sounds like you have angels watching over you... I hope they keep you safe, John... I love your music, and these two pieces are tops... welcome back...

Hi Frank.
      Many thanks for your kind words .  

Yep, i have a spiritual belief of sorts and i do like to think we have a gaurdian angel looking after us when we need them.

foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 09:53:20 (permalink)
    My thoughts are with you John. Both tracks are wonderfully produced and recorded. Good luck to you. Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    blipp
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 09:58:03 (permalink)
    foxwolfen

My thoughts are with you John. Both tracks are wonderfully produced and recorded. Good luck to you. Shad

Hi Shad.

Long time-no speak, glad to talk with you again. :-)

Hope you're well. Cheers for the encouraging words.

How is your  story/music project going?

foxwolfen
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 10:14:50 (permalink)
    Yeah, you too. Well, like many others, I have been going through my own hard luck story. It kinda killed the muse, and creativity this last while has been coming only in spurts and starts. But being back here in the song forum is inspiring and motivating. I had forgotten how talented so many of you are, and how fun it is to listen critically to mixes and help refine them.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    daryl1968
    • Total Posts : 10984
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 10:24:51 (permalink)
    very cool Blipp - I'm a relative newcomer to the song forum so I've never heard your stuff before.
    Love both tracks - I would love to hear some vocals on Falling - I think it really lends itself to some. 
    blipp
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 10:25:40 (permalink)
    foxwolfen

Yeah, you too. Well, like many others, I have been going through my own hard luck story. It kinda killed the muse, and creativity this last while has been coming only in spurts and starts. But being back here in the song forum is inspiring and motivating. I had forgotten how talented so many of you are, and how fun it is to listen critically to mixes and help refine them.

Sorry to hear you've been having some bad times too Shad, hope things turn round for you.

Yeah i hear you about bad times killing the muse. It's nearly two years since i made a brand new track due to things going on in my life.  

Hope you get back to making music again soon.  I especially liked your piano pieces.
    blipp
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 10:29:29 (permalink)
    []daryl1968

very cool Blipp - I'm a relative newcomer to the song forum so I've never heard your stuff before.
    Love both tracks - I would love to hear some vocals on Falling - I think it really lends itself to some. 

Many thanks for the nice words Daryl. Glad you enjoyed the tracks.

Yep, people often say that some of my tracks could have vocals.  I have done some colabs with vocalists and i hope to do more in the future. My singing voice is best left unheard as it's so awful.

chuckebaby
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 10:37:26 (permalink)
    foxwolfen

dont worry it will come back,i know what you mean,i go through it now and then,when theres something worth being inspired by, you will write,anything inbetween that time is garbage anyway.good luck :)

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

foxwolfen
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 10:38:26 (permalink)
    Sounds like it is time for both of us to get back to making some new songs, eh?

I am glad that you are not too seriously off. My mom suffered two strokes when she was about 50 or so. The first was mild, the second though, was not. The recovery was long, but with modern medicine, its now some 25 years later and she is still going strong.

Hang tough my friend.

Composers Forum
    daryl1968
    • Total Posts : 10984
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 10:49:26 (permalink)
    blipp

[]daryl1968

Yep, people often say that some of my tracks could have vocals.  I have done some colabs with vocalists and i hope to do more in the future. My singing voice is best left unheard as it's so awful.

M E L O D Y N E

:)
    radio
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2782
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 11:07:57 (permalink)

Hi Blipp ! I was wondering what happened to you , suddenly your back and suddenly your gone again .
    Glad to see your back and recovering with " Things Happen " , very cool electronica tune .
    As always your music is a blast into blipp's coolest electronica music on the planet !

Be careful with your high blood pressure , mine has been high for years now and I take blood pressure pills for it that doesn't seem to help but I take them anyway .
    Thats a scary thought having a stroke , I hope you recover from all of that soon .
    Your music I see is your best medicine so get them coming buddy !

Take care John !  A Friend

Radio
    post edited by radio - 2012/04/19 11:09:08

blipp
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 11:46:51 (permalink)
    daryl1968

blipp

[]daryl1968

M E L O D Y N E

:)

I doubt even that could help me. :-)
    blipp
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 11:53:02 (permalink)
    radio

Hi Blipp ! I was wondering what happened to you , suddenly your back and suddenly your gone again .
    Glad to see your back and recovering with " Things Happen " , very cool electronica tune .
    As always your music is a blast into blipp's coolest electronica music on the planet !

Be careful with your high blood pressure , mine has been high for years now and I take blood pressure pills for it that doesn't seem to help but I take them anyway .
    Thats a scary thought having a stroke , I hope you recover from all of that soon .
    Your music I see is your best medicine so get them coming buddy !

Take care John !  A Friend

Radio

Hi James. 

Cheers buddy. :-)

Yep, i definitely learnt the hard way as far as high blood pressure is concerned.  I'm on blood pressure meds too now and blood thinners, but mine is still pretty high so they will have to experiment with it a bit more untill it comes down to an acceptable level.

I will still be nervouse untill it gets down to a lower figure, but i think i'm out of the danger area now at least.

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 12:11:34 (permalink)
    Sorry to hear you have not been well I wish you the best.

As I have come to learn over the years you make cool tunes, nice stuff, thanks for sharing. 

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    blipp
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 12:20:46 (permalink)
    Wookiee

Sorry to hear you have not been well I wish you the best.

As I have come to learn over the years you make cool tunes, nice stuff, thanks for sharing. 

Thanks John.
    Appreciate your kind words.
    Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 12:30:31 (permalink)
    First off, I wish you a speedy and full recovery.  I've not heard your work before, but I was caught up in the textures of your pieces.  To create order from chaos is a wonderful gift, and I wish you well, and look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    blipp
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 13:03:31 (permalink)
    Lynn

First off, I wish you a speedy and full recovery.  I've not heard your work before, but I was caught up in the textures of your pieces.  To create order from chaos is a wonderful gift, and I wish you well, and look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Thanks Lynn. Very much appreciate your nice comments. Glad you enjoyed.

Cheers.
    spacealf
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2133
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 13:22:10 (permalink)
    Interesting pieces of music that seem to be mixed well. May want or try to shorten both pieces a little. I hope you do well in the future with your recovery and been through part of it myself. I am not in the best browser once again for this forum so lines run together. Blood pressure rises and falls and viruses make it rise for awhile. This video should help and it does work, because self-hypnosis is something anyone can do and can help to lower blood pressure if practiced. Next is get enough sleep and stick to the diet (about no meat - ain't that great anyway nowadays anymore with what they do it to make it more pleasant looking). Anyway, functional food, and more fruit and vegetables will help although I don't always do that myself but changing diet has helped. There is different avenues of food like protein mix for body builders ( of course I don't take as much as they say to because I am not body building, just replacing meat and it is much the same thing without as much fat to it (muscle-tech vanilla milk-shake mix - walmart near pharmacy) and works with the vitamins better. Lowering the blood pressure can be done with meditation (I changed mine right at the doctor's visit while sitting there waiting for him to come around again). Well, perhaps you will try this and there are other self-help items where you learn to relax deeply more than most people think they can. Forget the negative thoughts, cancel them out when they come into the brain by saying 'cancel, cancel' when you catch them even afterwards not as soon as you will after 30 days of doing that. And here is the guy mainly that started this all off, years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEt9zcsSiK0 All this is up to you though but I know that it works! Good luck and keep on recovering.

blipp
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 13:35:24 (permalink)
    spacealf

Interesting pieces of music that seem to be mixed well. May want or try to shorten both pieces a little. I hope you do well in the future with your recovery and been through part of it myself. I am not in the best browser once again for this forum so lines run together. Blood pressure rises and falls and viruses make it rise for awhile. This video should help and it does work, because self-hypnosis is something anyone can do and can help to lower blood pressure if practiced. Next is get enough sleep and stick to the diet (about no meat - ain't that great anyway nowadays anymore with what they do it to make it more pleasant looking). Anyway, functional food, and more fruit and vegetables will help although I don't always do that myself but changing diet has helped. There is different avenues of food like protein mix for body builders ( of course I don't take as much as they say to because I am not body building, just replacing meat and it is much the same thing without as much fat to it (muscle-tech vanilla milk-shake mix - walmart near pharmacy) and works with the vitamins better. Lowering the blood pressure can be done with meditation (I changed mine right at the doctor's visit while sitting there waiting for him to come around again). Well, perhaps you will try this and there are other self-help items where you learn to relax deeply more than most people think they can. Forget the negative thoughts, cancel them out when they come into the brain by saying 'cancel, cancel' when you catch them even afterwards not as soon as you will after 30 days of doing that. And here is the guy mainly that started this all off, years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEt9zcsSiK0 All this is up to you though but I know that it works! Good luck and keep on recovering.

Cheers spacealf.

Thanks for the link to the video, will check it out. Looks interesting.

I definitely need to look at my diet as it's not that great to be honest.  I like my chips and junk food and i'm not a big eater of fruit and veggies. I did excercise a lot though by doing a lot of walking and i reckon that may have saved my life.

I'm going to be seeing a councillor in the near future and i think some sort of meditation would be of benefit to me.

Thanks again for the info.
    Alegria
    Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2075
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 13:58:34 (permalink)
    It's good to hear from you Blipp and that you are well on your way to a full recovery. Your gentle soul has been missed.

Note: Will be back later when I have a chance to listen to your latest and greatest.
    digi2ns
    Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2694
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 14:07:22 (permalink)
    Welcome Back John,
    Sorry to hear ya been having troubles.  Hang with the docs and make sure they know how all this is effecting you.  The mental/emotional side of things has got to be kept in check as well and can be a HUGE part of it too.  Wish you the best in your health.

MIKE

--Dell Studio XPS I7/870 2.93 Ghz, 8GB Mem, 2-2TB Barracuda HDs, 500 GB Ext.HDD, Win7/64
    --X1 64 Pro Expanded, Dual 21" Monitors 
    --PCR500  
    --MAUDIO FastTrack Ultra
    --Mackie 1604 VLZ PRO
    --Line6 X3 Live
    --Gibson, Fender, Takamine, Schecter, Washburn
    http://pogopoppa.wix.com/5thgear#
     http://soundcloud.com/digi2ns  

blipp
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 16:01:06 (permalink)
    Alegria

It's good to hear from you Blipp and that you are well on your way to a full recovery. Your gentle soul has been missed.

Note: Will be back later when I have a chance to listen to your latest and greatest.

Many thanks Alegria.  Apreciate your kind words. 

blipp
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 16:05:48 (permalink)
    digi2ns

Welcome Back John,
    Sorry to hear ya been having troubles.  Hang with the docs and make sure they know how all this is effecting you.  The mental/emotional side of things has got to be kept in check as well and can be a HUGE part of it too.  Wish you the best in your health.

Thanks digi for the wise words.

I've never been one for going to the doctors and i'd never been seriously ill before all this happened, but now i find myself in their hands and it's a strange feeling.  I have a good doctor and she is very sympathetic to my present state.  I have confidence in her and expect to make a full recovery.
    timidi
    Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5449
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 16:08:40 (permalink)
    Wow Blipp. Count your blessings. So sorry to hear of your misfortune. I'm sure it's all pretty freaky. Hang in there and enjoy the ride as best you can.

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

bandontherun19
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 824
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/19 21:20:19 (permalink)
    Damn Blipp, I'm really sorry to hear that and I feal your pain, I didn't suffer the same debilitating effects, but I'm sure they were on the way... I've tried to relax more and not get stressed like I was there for a long time. I'm glad to hear you're doing better. I know it took a good 10 or 15 years off my lifespan. At some point you have to try to mellow out or you'll explode :-(

I listened to your tunes, things happen and falling, I was pleased to hear some melodic elements with the keys in things happen, the very pleasantly surprised to hear the guitar and melodic elements in falling :-) I would tone down those snare sounds in falling, and maybe replace them, but I know it’s your schtik.
    Peace,
    Robby.

All you need is love, just ask the Beatles?
    ----------
    blipp
    Re:Hi. Still here-just. 2012/04/20 05:22:26 (permalink)
    timidi

Wow Blipp. Count your blessings. So sorry to hear of your misfortune. I'm sure it's all pretty freaky. Hang in there and enjoy the ride as best you can.

Thanks Tim.

Yes i do count my blessings, more than i ever have.  Having a close brush with death changes you and you learn  to embrace each day in a way you never did before.  It's been the most frightening experience of my life. 
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1