How can I get some support?? I want to upgrade and I literally cannot!

Author
kkarney1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2017/01/28 12:45:09 (permalink)

How can I get some support?? I want to upgrade and I literally cannot!

I have been a Cakewalk user since the 80s (MIDI only DOS version). I own a registered version of Sonar 8.5. My account is registered to an old email address to which I no longer have access. I do not know my password, so I cannot sign on to the account associated to my serial #. I created a new account but I cannot associate my serial # there because it's already associated to my old one. So now I have no way of contacting support because I cannot log in to an account associated with a valid serial #.

I am considering upgrading to Sonar Platinum, but I literally CANNOT do it because of this ridiculous support schema.

I need some assistance!

Kevin Karney

6 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: How can I get some support?? I want to upgrade and I literally cannot! 2017/01/28 12:51:29 (permalink)
    The process to get back missing products is here http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3148924
    The short version in your case is email http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Email/AccountHelp

kkarney1
    Re: How can I get some support?? I want to upgrade and I literally cannot! 2017/01/28 12:59:16 (permalink)
    Thanks. i tried the email option (which I hadn't noticed at the bottom of that page before). This is still EXTREMELY annoying. Definitely makes me pause to consider trying a different DAW altogether.
    bitman
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4105
    Re: How can I get some support?? I want to upgrade and I literally cannot! 2017/01/28 13:14:11 (permalink)
    When the single sign-on thing happened oh, a year ago I had none of my old products either as did many others due to email address discrepancies. A simple email to them explaining the issue was cleared up in within 24 hours for me. Keep in mind there is likely nobody around except a coder or qa person there on the weekend so patience, patience and you will likely get what you need.
    kkarney1
    Re: How can I get some support?? I want to upgrade and I literally cannot! 2017/01/28 13:38:12 (permalink)
    Well, at least I'm getting quick responses from forum members, which is heartening. Thanks folks!
    robert_e_bone
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8968
    Re: How can I get some support?? I want to upgrade and I literally cannot! 2017/01/29 20:02:04 (permalink)
    These forums are full of really really helpful and knowledgeable folks - and the other poster was correct in that while Cakewalk folks are not likely present on the weekends - they have indicated giving folks with upgrade/purchase/registration issues an elevated priority in their response approach, and you will likely get all squared away pretty quickly.

They had posted about the changes in their system that you are affected by, but for folks who didn't visit the forums to know about it, they too got caught with old email addresses and such.

But yeah - hopefully they will see your plight early in the week and get you all set.  I ave asked them to do so for friends of mine that just don't logon to things like the forums when everything is working, so they too missed the advance notice about the changes.  They got fixed up within a couple of days.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
    Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
    Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
    Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
    MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
    Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
    abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: How can I get some support?? I want to upgrade and I literally cannot! 2017/01/29 20:26:48 (permalink)
    I had many registered Cakewalk products going back almost 20 years, but in the change to the new Cakewalk store a couple of years ago, I discovered many of them were registered to a former email address.

I emailed support and they moved everything over that I requested.  Very quick and courteous service! 

Everything that I need is now shown in my account.

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1