How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ...

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
reader1
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 605
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/07 11:47:28 (permalink)
John

sounds like a good excuse.
For what?

Your post like many of your posts are nonsensical. You may think they use correct grammar but they don't.  Please try to communicate better. 

oh, you look like upset,
where is nonsensical?
what is correct programmar?

the above words was come from some english audio magzine. not building design
Kalle Rantaaho
Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7005
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/07 12:01:24 (permalink)
reader1

sorrry I don't drink any more.
before it, I shuold figure out that the volume of sound can't be measureed by dB, which is not a quantity.
you can measure it by force (pressure) or energy or power say Joul or watt etc.
wish you remember it.
If this is supposed to be humor, please stop it, Reader. You're about to become the first ever forumite I'll ban. You have so much difficulties in being understood that there's no room for puns and humor. Just keep it simple and concentrate. Time after time someone makes serious effort to answer your questions and it leads to Armageddon of communication because you don't seem to realise the shortcomings of your verbal expression.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
reader1
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/07 12:08:52 (permalink)
do you thnk discussing latency is nonsensical?

do youi think I figured out the db is not a measure unit is wrong and insult words?

I like to read word game. but more prefer to correct programmar
reader1
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/07 12:29:42 (permalink)
Kalle Rantaaho

reader1

sorrry I don't drink any more.
before it, I shuold figure out that the volume of sound can't be measureed by dB, which is not a quantity.
you can measure it by force (pressure) or energy or power say Joul or watt etc.
wish you remember it.
If this is supposed to be humor, please stop it, Reader. You're about to become the first ever forumite I'll ban. You have so much difficulties in being understood that there's no room for puns and humor. Just keep it simple and concentrate. Time after time someone makes serious effort to answer your questions and it leads to Armageddon of communication because you don't seem to realise the shortcomings of your verbal expression.

but somebody deny it. may be serous.
its not the first time to hear, ban, cj, first, but he gives up.

suppose if they dont understand what I said (according to you and ...), how will they answer? not on;y in english, but in tech... where is effort?

if I think their answer is wrong or not good, can I corrext them? do you think all answer are good enough?

reader1
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/07 12:44:55 (permalink)
hehe,   effort, what does it mean in eng?

I appreciate some persons passion and enthusiam help, but when go futher more, it will be out of their depth. who help who? who is effort?
Kalle Rantaaho
Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7005
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/07 13:15:02 (permalink)
The #1 people to avoid are the ones who don't know that they don't know.

Do you really think it's clever of you to start arguing on english language with the native english speakers here?

It is quite possible that you do know a lot about the stuff you write about (MIDI in depth etc), but you don't seem to understand that you are not able to tell it to us in an understandable manner. That makes the whole correspondance useless.

Who's helping who?? LOL.

Do you understand? :
We don't understand your questions and you don't understand our answers and then you start arguing that the answers are wrong and that the english of the others isn't correct.
Are you serious?  Do you really think people want to spend their free time this way? 

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
reader1
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/07 21:14:51 (permalink)
Kalle Rantaaho

The #1 people to avoid are the ones who don't know that they don't know.

Do you really think it's clever of you to start arguing on english language with the native english speakers here?

It is quite possible that you do know a lot about the stuff you write about (MIDI in depth etc), but you don't seem to understand that you are not able to tell it to us in an understandable manner. That makes the whole correspondance useless.

Who's helping who?? LOL.

Do you understand? :
We don't understand your questions and you don't understand our answers and then you start arguing that the answers are wrong and that the english of the others isn't correct.
Are you serious?  Do you really think people want to spend their free time this way? 

hehe? why not?  if they like to play word games. its smart to attend the play. man may learn much.in a friendless eniirument, chilly or unfriendly circumstances.

I lost midi ages and just pick up now. if they could understand what I said is not language barrier, but may be tech matter. most of them were constrained or contented by merely being operators.

have you ever thought that if they didn't understand what I said how they would answer? by guess? by assume?

I grasp what is your ideas, that's why I can figure out where the mistakes were. and how do they deal with the problems. but either they have a limited skill or have not realy " Effort" to understand.

of cause Im serous, and readyt to lisgten to any proposal.
...wicked
Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7360
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/07 21:29:08 (permalink)
Roland needs to hire this guy to write their manuals.

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
billions VSTs, some of which work    
reader1
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/07 21:33:47 (permalink)
anyone can argue with me if they think my respond to those who thought their answer was right is not right, he/she can put out their own idea and proposals. tech arguemt is normal. not odd.

incidentally, I remeber you like to do homework.
I left you one, have you finished? the riff midi file.
then you understand the evolution of midi and then op.

hehe, Finland is a beautiful non englsish country and the first country in the world where your citizen live , he/she can access to internet.
Rain
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9736
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/07 22:16:42 (permalink)
Reader1 obviously has a strong advantage over all of us guys - HE understands what he means, something we don't even come close to. 

So Reader, YOU win!! Go ahead - YOU ask the question, YOU give the answer, YOU make the jokes, YOU laugh - this thread is entirely YOURS. 

Common you, rest of the world, move along... Or: Gòngtóng nǐmen, shìjiè qítā dìqū, yán...

(And don't you guys dare tell me that my romanized simplified Chinese isn't absolutely accurate.... ;)

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
reader1
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 04:17:22 (permalink)
Rain

Reader1 obviously has a strong advantage over all of us guys - HE understands what he means, something we don't even come close to. 

So Reader, YOU win!! Go ahead - YOU ask the question, YOU give the answer, YOU make the jokes, YOU laugh - this thread is entirely YOURS. 

Common you, rest of the world, move along... Or: Gòngtóng nǐmen, shìjiè qítā dìqū, yán...

(And don't you guys dare tell me that my romanized simplified Chinese isn't absolutely accurate.... ;)

hm, childish.
I take leave to guess you are mere teenage. Adolescent always wish his national colleagues win or have more skill than others.
just like this world cup, German vs Holland team...

if you wish to support your neiboor, you should have more knowledge and learn much. so that we can see a colorful rainbowl.
I wish to read more philosophic words from your and your neiboorhood.

your chinese is better than my englsih. go on guy.

gongtong shi jie, putong ren.
people in one world.

reader1
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 04:40:09 (permalink)
...wicked

Roland needs to hire this guy to write their manuals.

smart answer than rain's. you offend against none.

sebast
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 05:09:14 (permalink)
HI  EVERYONE
     MY P64 PRECUSSION STRIP IN SONAR 8.5 COME UP WITH A BLANK SCREEN
 ANY ONE HAS ANY THOUGHTS OF A FIX

THANKS
SS

uncleswede
  • Total Posts : 638
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 07:23:26 (permalink)
sebast

HI  EVERYONE
    MY P64 PRECUSSION STRIP IN SONAR 8.5 COME UP WITH A BLANK SCREEN
ANY ONE HAS ANY THOUGHTS OF A FIX

THANKS
SS

sebast - you need to start a new thread for this topic

---------------------------------------------------------
How to fly - throw yourself at the ground and miss
S8.5PE, i7-920 (XP), 6Gb RAM, Phonic Helix 12, Axiom 61 controller, JM VC3Q and mic, plus more...
brundlefly
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14250
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 10:48:29 (permalink)

Geez, you just can't get anything right, can you. It's Spain vs. Netherlands. Germany lost.

That giant sucking sound you hear...? No, it's not jobs going to Mexico. It's the reader1 vortex.

And that triumphal music your hear in the background...? That's me sailing serenely off into the sunset... after taking a carefree leak into the the vortex.

Oranje boven!

rbowser
Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6518
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 12:04:17 (permalink)
"...the reader1 vortex..." - It's an apt description, Brundle.

And I think John nailed things down well in a post awhile back.  He pointed out that like most of us, he tries to give reader1 some slack since English is clearly not his first language.  And we at least try to extend the same patience with anyone who has to work at over coming the language barrier.  Problems come up, though, when someone manages to make his combativeness clear even through only semi-intelligible posts. 

"...Your postings look as if they went through some sort of translation program..."

I think that's it, the source of a lot of the seemingly nonsensical posts from reader1.  There's a severe limit to what translation services can do.  Case in point:

--I've recently tried to do some communicating with people in Russia.  I wrote a post for a Russian bulletin board with the simplest use of English I could muster, the shortest sentences, and avoiding complex words.  One of the things I said in that post is that when I was in Moscow, the producer of my stage musical, Stas Namin, was my host while I was there.  -Well, the lady who was my interpreter during my visit wrote to me saying that my post said, "Stas Namin was my MASTER."  LOL--Um, not quite what I meant.  My translator/interpreter re-wrote the post for me so the readers could understand what I really meant.

Meanwhile, getting back OT to this thread - Reader1's original post asked how we share our music.  Several of us tried to answer, explaining the limitations of sharing only a MIDI file, suggesting he produce his projects as MP3s which can be shared - etc.

Based on Reader1's seemingly inexplicable responses to the replies he got, I think now that he didn't mean his original post to be an actual question.  He wasn't looking for information about how to share his music, it was a conversation starter i.e. "...I'm interested in the various ways people share their music."  - And then of course we can all see that regardless of what his original post meant, it was really just another way for him to argue with all replies, to tell everyone they don't know what they're talking about - and whatever else he wanted to be snide about.

Which brings it all back to the apt description of how this thread, and all threads and posts put up by Reader1 are indeed a "vortex."  We should all keep in mind that the vortex is only entered into at our own risk!

Randy B.--trying to make sense of it all.

Sonar X3e Studio
Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
Alesis i|O2 interface
Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
with dual monitors
johnnyV
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2677
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 12:24:24 (permalink)
I can't believe you guys haven't caught on yet, To funny... .

MIDI is a supper compacted way to post instrumental music on the net. It can be used for backing tracks ( Karaoke )  and background music for your web site. General MIDI  came along attempting  to allow files to play the same on as many systems as possible. It is not perfect.
The TTs-1 is a GM player so saving with those patch and channel assignments might come out the other end on someones Realtech card as being close to what you wanted. I've had some files sound better played back with Win Amp than when I loaded it into Cakewalk, go figure? 

Sonar X3e Studio - Waiting for Professional
 Scarlett 6i6
Yamaha Gear= 01v - NSM 10 - DTX 400 - MG82cx
Roland Gear= A 49- GR 50 - TR 505 - Boss pedals
Tascam Gear=  DR 40 - US1641 -
Mackie Gear= Mix 8 - SRM 350's 
i5 Z97 3.2GHZ quad 16 Gig RAM W 8.1  home build
Taylor mini GS - G& L Tribute Tele - 72 Fender Princeton - TC BH 250 - Mooer and Outlaw Pedals  Korg 05/RW

rbowser
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 12:54:15 (permalink)
johnnyV

--Is this a serious post, Johnny? - I'm rather sure everyone here on the thread understands all this basic information about MIDI you've posted. 

Yes, of course we could make General MIDI files to share online the way you've described, but I would hazard to guess that most Sonar users are interested in producing recordings - it's an Audio/MIDI recording program.  As I said earlier on this thread, if someone just wants to make GM MIDI files to share, there are plenty of free programs that can do that easily - no need to spend money on Sonar.

People like me use MIDI to create what used to be called "virtual instrument" tracks - well, that term is still used.  But I'm not interested in sharing little GM files for people to play through their tinky tink sound cards.  I'm making recordings.  I'm not interested in just sharing the notes, I'm sharing produced recordings. 

I'm sure there are some people still making GM files like you're talking about, but it's very basic MIDI info - I can't imagine anyone here not already knowing all of that. - But I suppose what you're talking about may have been reader1's original point - maybe.  Who really knows?

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
dontletmedrown
Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1722
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 15:12:41 (permalink)
reader1

how do you grasp this sentence, the volume of a loudspeaker is depended on how much the lower tone playback?

LOL!

reader1, please step away from the keyboard!
Brando
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2776
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 16:47:12 (permalink)
johnnyV

MIDI is a supper compacted way to post instrumental music on the net. It can be used for backing tracks ( Karaoke )  and background music for your web site. General MIDI  came along attempting  to allow files to play the same on as many systems as possible. It is not perfect.
The TTs-1 is a GM player so saving with those patch and channel assignments might come out the other end on someones Realtech card as being close to what you wanted. I've had some files sound better played back with Win Amp than when I loaded it into Cakewalk, go figure? 

Trust me when I tell you that you are missing the biggest part of what MIDI is. It is important in a compositional sense as it represents the instructions - the notes, velocities, and expressiveness of a musical passage. There is nothing about MIDI that actually has ANY sound at all until it is sent to a device, either hardware or a soft synth. Many people confuse MIDI with the sound that is put out from crappy MIDI devices or applications.
The output from Microsoft Word can look like it came from a typewriter if you set your font to "Courier" but that doesn't mean that's all it can do.....

Brando
Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
reader1
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 19:53:57 (permalink)
Brando

johnnyV

Trust me when I tell you that you are missing the biggest part of what MIDI is. It is important in a compositional sense as it represents the instructions - the notes, velocities, and expressiveness of a musical passage. There is nothing about MIDI that actually has ANY sound at all until it is sent to a device, either hardware or a soft synth. Many people confuse MIDI with the sound that is put out from crappy MIDI devices or applications.
The output from Microsoft Word can look like it came from a typewriter if you set your font to "Courier" but that doesn't mean that's all it can do.....

That's the way we explore technically.
review why we worked out standards for midi? fom 80's to 90's, standards changed by manufacturers and music organizations. windows ' default system allow us download midi and enjoy its small size (hehe, avoid volum), is it very ideal? needn't improve?
so manysoft synth, except gm wavetable, occur, why don't we let it figure out the synth automatically? in fact, there are many reserved data for future use. why not harness them for special porpose?
we can take out a little parts from 16b reserbved datas.

reader1
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 20:14:09 (permalink)
dontletmedrown

reader1

how do you grasp this sentence, the volume of a loudspeaker is depended on how much the lower tone playback?

LOL!

reader1, please step away from the keyboard!

wow, how much dB do you give out in this realm?
now that your are speialist at language realm, adnd can hold it accurately.
wish not to merely hear an empty laugh crying across the mysteries.

I think I need a new beyboard. despite I;m not a good beyboard player. smile.
reader1
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 20:37:55 (permalink)
rbowser

johnnyV

--Is this a serious post, Johnny? - I'm rather sure everyone here on the thread understands all this basic information about MIDI you've posted. 

Yes, of course we could make General MIDI files to share online the way you've described, but I would hazard to guess that most Sonar users are interested in producing recordings - it's an Audio/MIDI recording program.  As I said earlier on this thread, if someone just wants to make GM MIDI files to share, there are plenty of free programs that can do that easily - no need to spend money on Sonar.

People like me use MIDI to create what used to be called "virtual instrument" tracks - well, that term is still used.  But I'm not interested in sharing little GM files for people to play through their tinky tink sound cards.  I'm making recordings.  I'm not interested in just sharing the notes, I'm sharing produced recordings. 

I'm sure there are some people still making GM files like you're talking about, but it's very basic MIDI info - I can't imagine anyone here not already knowing all of that. - But I suppose what you're talking about may have been reader1's original point - maybe.  Who really knows?

Randy B.

why not a serious post? a good thread , in fact.
who knows? you might be not. if you dont forget anther threads a couple weeks ago, we could conclude it.
rb, in that thread, you acted as a child in character, endeavor to competite, as if you and your friend will be disgraced when we give out the answer. it's that betryedd your a little out of midi.
 I know you are a skilled noanr user. of cause I will learn from you at this very spot. however your brain is limited.
I take leave to guess you might have not touch much outside except midi.
I havent respond to you at early threads, I even want to ask you if you know the different between mp4 and mpeg4?
you can aso find some controdiction of yours words in this column. so if you ask other if serious is rediculous.
hehe, wish not offend youi.

reader1
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 20:55:52 (permalink)
brundlefly

Geez, you just can't get anything right, can you. It's Spain vs. Netherlands. Germany lost.

That giant sucking sound you hear...? No, it's not jobs going to Mexico. It's the reader1 vortex.

And that triumphal music your hear in the background...? That's me sailing serenely off into the sunset... after taking a carefree leak into the the vortex.

Oranje boven!

hehe, take release,
German lost, what they lost  is spirite, brave which they winned Brazil.when contested with holland.
they are youngers they need encourage.
no sunset so beuty that it led the power of suggestion of man. this may leave us more longing and refret.
if you would have sited in a well, you could have seen a mere dish of sky, when you convoy into see, you would see a boundless sky

the power of the black hole is strong.

is the job very hard in Mexico? :)

mixmkr
Max Output Level: -43.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3169
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 21:02:28 (permalink)

You guys are all missing it.  There are some good song lyrics here for the taking...   I'm claiming the above as I don't think Chinese copyright laws are a concern.  I think they've got their attention on Google instead!

some tunes: --->        www.masonharwoodproject.bandcamp.com 
StudioCat i7 4770k 3.5gHz, 16 RAM,  Sonar Platinum, CD Arch 5.2, Steinberg UR-44
videos--->https://www.youtube.com/user/mixmkr

mixmkr
Max Output Level: -43.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3169
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/08 21:04:31 (permalink)
no sunset so beuty that it led the power of suggestion of man. this may leave us more longing and refret.
if you would have sited in a well, you could have seen a mere dish of sky, when you convoy into see, you would see a boundless sky

the power of the black hole is strong. 

These are just priceless!

some tunes: --->        www.masonharwoodproject.bandcamp.com 
StudioCat i7 4770k 3.5gHz, 16 RAM,  Sonar Platinum, CD Arch 5.2, Steinberg UR-44
videos--->https://www.youtube.com/user/mixmkr

uncleswede
  • Total Posts : 638
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/09 07:35:36 (permalink)
mixmkr

You guys are all missing it.  There are some good song lyrics here for the taking...   I'm claiming the above as I don't think Chinese copyright laws are a concern.  I think they've got their attention on Google instead!

My fave is:
"My hovercraft is full of eels"
LOL

---------------------------------------------------------
How to fly - throw yourself at the ground and miss
S8.5PE, i7-920 (XP), 6Gb RAM, Phonic Helix 12, Axiom 61 controller, JM VC3Q and mic, plus more...
sebast
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/09 10:26:56 (permalink)
my precussion strip shows a blank screen  has anyone has any thought

thanks
se
rbowser
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/09 11:00:56 (permalink)
johnnyV

MIDI is a supper compacted way etc. etc...

OH!  I get it now - I took your post literally the first time, Johnny, not getting that you were parodying this thread.  Thanks for the PM explaining.

SEBAST - It's already been explained to you that you need to start a new topic thread with your question.  It's not going to be noticed buried on this thread.

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
Alesis i|O2 interface
with dual monitors
reader1
Re:How do you save your midi files? in order that you can ... 2010/07/12 06:08:11 (permalink)
ah, a true enthusiast who likes to help other will not pick out time and site.
sounds likke the some only show off, not real help.

if I should hade known how to do I should have post the plan of solution.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1