How many Bapus do you need?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Randy P
Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3070
Re:How many Bapus do you need? 2011/01/24 16:34:22 (permalink)
Are the moobs standard or optional? Your answer to this could be a deal breaker.

Randy

http://www.soundclick.com/riprorenband

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:How many Bapus do you need? 2011/01/24 17:05:31 (permalink)
rbecker

How many Bapus?....Why, all of them of course!

The whole is less than the sum of the parts...or something like that.

During our recent cold snap in Wisconsin, I did an experiment with fluorescent lighting. I went to the hardware store and bought the lowest temperature rated 100w fluorescent bulb (that is, one that works well in cold temperatures) I could find and replaced one of my garage overhead bulbs with it. I have been watching it with a critical eye.

You guessed it....Dim...dimmer...dimmest. They just don't cut it in freezing temperatures. I am going to buy a few hundred 100, 75 and 60 watt incandescent and hoard them. With luck, I will run out just about the same time I leave this 'vale of tears'.
I should start another thread about this.

Here are some facts about Fluorescent lights.

Check this out.

This too.
"Stanford University research shows the amount of mercury in one CFL "is enough to contaminate up to 6,000 gallons of water beyond safe drinking levels." An EPA funded study found that one gram of mercury deposited in a 20 acre lake is enough to contaminate the fish and make them unfit to eat."

As for flouro's in the cold, they suck! You have to leave them on for at least 20 minutes before they reach full brightness. That's ok if you have them outside on a timer, dusk to dawn type of situation, but if you want to flip on the porch light to see who's knocking at your door, you can't do it.

This 'going green' stuff is getting out of hand.

I remember in my freshman year of highschool in Science class we had a project. We had to come up with alternate ways to create energy. I wired up a 12" full range speaker to a 2 volt range analog meter and instructed people to tap on the cone. I called it 'Energy From Vibration'. My idea was if we could do this on a big scale we could generate a lot of usable electricity. I got a D for my project and he said it was a bad idea. Take a look at this. Always a day late and a dollar short ain't I? :)

post edited by Bub - 2011/01/24 17:06:48

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
Ham N Egz
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 15161
Re:How many Bapus do you need? 2011/01/24 17:47:51 (permalink)

huh we were talking about Tesla at work the other day . He had a device he installed in a Pierce _arrow (i think) full of radio tubes that ran the car on energy from a large whip antenna that collected the ether...or so it was said   Citation HERE

Someone aslo said when he died the Department of the Navy went to his house and laboratories and took everything that wasn't nailed down
and its hidden away somewhere

talk about free energy

AND FROM WIKI

oon after his death Tesla's safe was opened by his nephew Sava Kosanović. Shortly thereafter Tesla's papers and other property were impounded by the United States' Alien Property Custodian office in Tesla's compound at the Manhattan Warehouse, even though he was a naturalized citizen. Dr. John G. Trump was the main government official who went over Tesla's secret papers after his death in 1943. At the time, Trump was a well-known electrical engineer serving as a technical aide to the National Defense Research Committee of the Office of Scientific Research & Development, Technical Aids, Div. 14, NTRC (predecessor agency to the CIA's Office of Scientific Intelligence). Trump was also a professor at M.I.T., and had his feelings hurt by Tesla's 1938 review and critique of M.I.T.'s huge Van de Graaff generator with its two thirty-foot towers and two 15-foot-diameter (4.6 m) balls, mounted on railroad tracks—which Tesla showed could be out-performed in both voltage and current by one of his tiny coils about two feet tall.[106] Trump was asked to participate in the examination of Tesla's papers at the Manhattan Warehouse & Storage Co. Trump reported afterwards that no examination had been made of the vast amount of Tesla's property, that had been in the basement of the New Yorker Hotel, ten years prior to Tesla's death, or of any of his papers, except those in his immediate possession at the time of his death. Trump concluded in his report, that there was nothing that would constitute a hazard in unfriendly hands.
At the time of his death, Tesla had been working on the Teleforce weapon, or 'death ray,' that he had unsuccessfully marketed to the US War Department. It appears that Teleforce was related to his research into ball lightning and plasma, and was conceived as a particle beam weapon. The US government did not find a prototype of the device in the safe.
After the FBI was contacted by the War Department, his papers were declared to be top secret. The personal effects were sequestered on the advice of presidential advisers; J. Edgar Hoover declared the case most secret, because of the nature of Tesla's inventions and patents.[107] One document stated that "[he] is reported to have some 80 trunks in different places containing transcripts and plans having to do with his experiments [...]". Altogether, in Tesla's effects, there were the contents of his safe, two truckloads of papers and apparati from his hotel, another 75 packing crates and trunks in a storage facility, and another 80 large storage trunks in another storage facility. The Navy and several "federal officials" spent two days microfilming some of the stuff at the Office of Alien Properties storage facility in 1943, and that was it, until Oct., 1945.[108]
Tesla's family and the Yugoslav embassy struggled with the American authorities to gain these items after his death because of the potential significance of some of his research. Eventually Mr. Kosanović won possession of the materials, which are now housed in the Nikola Tesla Museum.[109]

post edited by musicman100 - 2011/01/24 17:54:04

Green Acres is the place to be
 I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

Russell.Whaley
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2755
Re:How many Bapus do you need? 2011/01/24 18:03:01 (permalink)
(Back to the Bapus )

All I know is, however many Bapus I need, that's how many show up.  Never too few nor too many. 

bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re:How many Bapus do you need? 2011/01/24 18:28:14 (permalink)
Russell.Whaley

(Back to the Bapus )

All I know is, however many Bapus I need, that's how many show up.  Never too few nor too many. 

Hence the registered trademark: Bapu is as Bapu does.

Crg
  • Total Posts : 7719
Re:How many Bapus do you need? 2011/01/24 19:20:28 (permalink)
bapu

Is one enough is six too many?

One , only one, the one and only.

Craig DuBuc
Jonbouy
  • Total Posts : 22562
Re:How many Bapus do you need? 2011/01/24 19:21:44 (permalink)
How many Bapus do you need?

It depends on how much liquid you need to wipe up, no?

How absorbent are they?

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
UbiquitousBubba
  • Total Posts : 8912
Re:How many Bapus do you need? 2011/01/25 09:40:08 (permalink)
In a way, each of us has our own Bapu.  Some may dress theirs in funny clothes.  Some may keep theirs out of the public eye.  Some may find theirs on the couch, holding the remote, and hogging the Cheetos.  Some may play in Am.  Some may publicly deny theirs.  Some may keep theirs in a jar.  Some may quietly hold theirs, while sucking a thumb, and dreaming of ponies.

I'm sure we can all relate to that.

Disclaimer: Before anyone asks, I do not have any objective evidence that Mooch dreams of ponies.  I'm just saying...
trimph1
Max Output Level: -12 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6348
Re:How many Bapus do you need? 2011/01/25 09:44:24 (permalink)
You need 1.00000557 Bapu's....

The space you have will always be exceeded in direct proportion to the amount of stuff you have...Thornton's Postulate.

Bushpianos
Ham N Egz
  • Total Posts : 15161
Re:How many Bapus do you need? 2011/01/25 10:19:35 (permalink)
I think the light bulb thing was more interesting ...

not that Bapu or more than one BOPU  isn't interesting ,  he and they are ..

Green Acres is the place to be
 I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

rbecker
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 740
Re:How many Bapus do you need? 2011/01/25 10:22:43 (permalink)
UbiquitousBubba

In a way, each of us has our own Bapu....

Internalized bapu.   The id. The ego. The superego. Now, the bapu.

RJB -Vernon Corv 

"There are 10 types of people in the world...Those who understand binary and those who don't."

My Songs
---
Sonar Platinum
HD: ST2000DM 001-1ER164 7200RPM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @3.40 Ghz
RAM:12.0 GB Memory:2 drives 1 Terabyte each
Windows 10
Video: NVIDA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Audio: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re:How many Bapus do you need? 2011/01/25 11:43:51 (permalink)
trimph1

You need 1.00000557 Bapu's....

To add to your 0.99999443 Mooch to have a 'matched set'?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1