How to make wavetables for rapture

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
czyky
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 193
Re:How to make wavetables for rapture 2012/08/20 23:10:11 (permalink)
Glad to hear those articles can be revived. Found them mightily helpful in their first incarnation and I look forward to "stealing" them again! CW could/should help out by giving them a home and posting them somewhere in one of their tech sections, in my opinion.

"I can't think of a single example of where a big company buying a small company has ultimately been good for consumers." --bitflipper
www.reverbnation.com/markadamczyk
www.adamczyk.com
techead
Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4353
Re:How to make wavetables for rapture 2012/09/04 08:10:15 (permalink)
I have 100% of all the content from the old P5 Wiki.  Most of it that is directly P5-related is on http://project5.technetos.com/.  That of it which was Dimension Pro specific is on http://dimension.technetos.com/  Finally, I don't have it all compiled yet, but when I do there will be a dedicated Rapture site, too.

-techead
czyky
Re:How to make wavetables for rapture 2012/09/05 00:37:50 (permalink)
Great news. You Illinois users are the best!

"I can't think of a single example of where a big company buying a small company has ultimately been good for consumers." --bitflipper
www.adamczyk.com
chad
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 468
Re:How to make wavetables for rapture 2012/09/05 12:14:54 (permalink)
b rock

Are those the articles? They don't include the images, but maybe they might be useful.

That's them.  Thanks.  I also happened to find the related images on an old backup drive, too.  (I should've been searching for "stolenwaveshape" instead of "stealthiswaveshape".)  All the parts are in place to reconstruct both parts of the article.  Except ... that it really should be updated for z3ta+ 2.

I could help ya out with that copy of z3ta+ 2.0.  
techead
Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4353
Re:How to make wavetables for rapture 2012/09/06 00:16:06 (permalink)
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re:How to make wavetables for rapture 2012/09/06 00:34:22 (permalink)
Thank you very much.
b rock
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8717
Re:How to make wavetables for rapture 2012/09/06 18:01:31 (permalink)
pssst.... StealThisWaveshape.pdf

Bob, Bob, Bob.  Ol' Reliable.  Thanks so much for fulfilling this forum request.  Hard to believe that it's coming up on 10 years since that "elusive Project5 workflow" was being finalized, and not long after that the seeds of a community began revolving around it.  (Hard to believe that I needed to download my own tutorial, too.)  If you'll forgive a little backstory on this particular feature ...

At one point in time, there was this small group of developers, geeks, musicians, and ne'er-do-wells; no more than 6-8 at a time, but globally represented.  They'd meet for virtual coffee every morning, and sometimes that would stretch well into the night.  For more than a year.  One of this group - we'll call him "Renny" - put out there that - along with the fixes in z3ta+ 1.5 - there should be a few sexier features added.  Nothing too elaborate; the dreaded Code Freeze was fast approaching.

Someone mentioned that he always thought it'd be cool to be able to tap the output of the waveshaper.  The thought was that the same wavetable could get run through a few times.  Pick your level of complexity.  42 MINUTES LATER, it was incorporated in one of about a zillion build numbers for that synth version.  Hardest working man in show business, that ... Renny.  I've always called that the Pizza Feature, because you can't get home delivery that quickly.

I could help ya out

Chad, I believe that you already have.  But if pressed, I promise that I'll invoke my Fifth Amendment rights.  Not that it's done much good to date.  Apparently, I'm a few years into this unintentional synth / programming hiatus now.  But I think that I just bought myself 49 keys of inspiration.  That has me putting down the guitars, and dusting off all of the synth classics.  Fresh eyes now.

czyky
Re:How to make wavetables for rapture 2012/09/07 10:05:13 (permalink)
"Hardest working man in show business, that ... Renny."

Yes, and with musical sensibilities, too. Will we ever see the likes of him again? I certainly hope so.

www.adamczyk.com
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1