[FAQ]How to set up Windows Volume Control to stop track bleed

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
hrtfxr
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 258
Re: RE: How to set up Windows Volume Control to stop track bleed 2009/08/01 22:57:36 (permalink)
Is this a change that needs to be be made with an internal soundcard or with an external one too?
Dibidoolandas
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: How to set up Windows Volume Control to stop track bleed 2011/05/19 01:38:09 (permalink)
Hey y'all.

I'm having this issue as well, but I run Vista so sadly things don't translate perfectly. My setup is as follows: Either using a mic or instrument directly into my Lexicon Lambda USB interface > computer. I'm getting a bleed through with no microphones hooked up or even instruments hooked up, though I've noticed pulling the headphones out and just recording the metronome clicking without being able to hear it does reduce it bleeding on the track (though I can still barely hear it). Anyways, here's some images of what my "Sound" control panel looks like. I've tried turning off everything but my sound card in endless combinations but can't seem to find one that'll fix the problem. Anyone have a fix?

EDIT: IMAGES REMOVED

Sorry if these aren't helpful - I guess I need to understand what the actual goal is - it doesn't really make sense to me that the Windows sound system is affecting things because they're all disabled and all I'm using is the Lambda.
post edited by Dibidoolandas - 2011/05/19 19:42:41
Dibidoolandas
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: How to set up Windows Volume Control to stop track bleed 2011/05/19 19:47:59 (permalink)
I figured I'd post a follow-up to my own question: I called Cakewalk technical support on this and the guy was a bit stumped but suggested I try a few things, one of which was to use my other USB interface (didn't have it at home at the time) and see if the problem persists. I've run a couple tests using my TASCAM US-2000 and I don't hear any bleed coming from other inputs, so I'm going to chock this one up to a problem with the LAMBDA itself.

If it's any help to anyone struggling with a similar issue, while it didn't work for me for obvious reasons, the gents at Cakewalk recommended I right-click on Computer in the start menu and hit Properties, then go to where it says "Device Manager" on the side of the Properties window, and disable all the sound cards I wouldn't be using (in this case my computer's built-in sound cards). If you're struggling with a similar issue, give this a shot - of course you will have to re-enable these later to use your computer's normal sound card, but that's easy to do.

Put out a technical support request to Lambda. God knows what's wrong with this thing.
cV
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: How to set up Windows Volume Control to stop track bleed 2012/02/18 22:28:56 (permalink)

Hi,
I'm new to cakewalk (very new) and the forum.  I'm having the same problem with the metronome coming onto the track (and, the sound from other tracks).   I'm using a Juno-Gi and the production plus pack that came with the synth on Windows 7.  I've tried a few things with no helpful results.  Window 7 volume control is very different from XP.   I'm completely lost.   The Juno is being used as the In and the Out in the playback and recording.   Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.   Thanks...
57Gregy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14404
RE: How to set up Windows Volume Control to stop track bleed 2012/02/18 23:29:43 (permalink)
Welcome to the forum.
This is just an informational post and I think it's best to start your own thread in the main body of the forum. Just click the 'Post New Thread' button on the upper left.
Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers and updates for the Juno? That looks like one complcated beast. Audio, MIDI, interface, controller and recorder in one package!

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
cV
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: How to set up Windows Volume Control to stop track bleed 2012/02/19 10:26:51 (permalink)

Thank you.  I will do that.

No, I haven't did an update.  I've been using the Juno as a live synth for about a year with a Roland VS2480.  Finally decided to give cakewalk a try.

Thanks. 
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1